More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 13:51:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AWM causes infinite loop on start screen.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AWM causes infinite loop on start screen.  (Read 8454 times)
Milhouse
Asinine Airhead

So i herd u liek milkipz

View Profile
AWM causes infinite loop on start screen.
« on: 2009 August 06, 16:33:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well hi.
I had a problem with an infinite loop on the start screen after the annoying intro and removed everything and tested any .package out until it works, without the awesomemod.
First I tried to start TS3.exe with the awesomemod(build 3rd August ?) alone in the mod folder with the config. Infinite loop.
Without any packages it booted and it was playable. Without awesomemod, there was other hackes, which caused this infinite loop and had to pick one by one. Now, it works again without the awesomemod, but if I want to play with the awesomemod, it gets the classic infinite loop. Yes, the newest patch, reinstalled everything and its playable until Awesomemod(even newest build) gets involved and I hate the game without it. What can I do? Posting the error written by enablescripterror?
Milhouse
Asinine Airhead

So i herd u liek milkipz

View Profile
Re: AWM causes infinite loop on start screen.
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 06, 16:41:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I don't have it yet. Just asked in favor of the bug report. So any try was without the enablescripterror.

Edit: With included awesomemod and enablescripterror it crashes before anything starts really. Like a popup. Gave it two tries. The same happened.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 06, 17:35:00 by Milhouse » Logged
Count
PajamaRick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 06, 17:16:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FWIW...I had a similar problem with the first updated AwesomeMod after patch 1.3!

Running a legit game, fully patched to 1.3, with just the AwesomeMod and an xml tweak (the gymbufffixed package by DilPill)...after the intro video, the game screen went black and would hang!  I still had the little whirling cursor, but the game wouldn't load!

I manually shut down the game, deleted all of the cache files in My Docs/Electronic Arts/Sims 3, installed the updated enablescripterror package from MTS...and the game loaded fine!  I don't know if it was the cache files or the enablescripterror.package or just voodoo, but my game has not crashed/stalled/glitched since!
 Smiley
Milhouse
Asinine Airhead

So i herd u liek milkipz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 06, 18:25:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After removing the scripterrorfile and the cache files, it still goes to infinite loop. Even starting with 3booter. Nothing happened.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 06, 18:53:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Infinite loop on boot = failure to install the Framework properly.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Milhouse
Asinine Airhead

So i herd u liek milkipz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 06, 19:10:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I used the Install Monkey and everything works fine until the awesomemod gets into the folder. And with the 3booter, I did everything in the instruction. Probably using framework instead of Install Monkey?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 06, 19:49:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have:

d3dx9_31.dll in this directory C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

resource.cfg in this directory C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3

A mods\packages\hacks bla bla folder also in this directoryC:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3

The latest version of awesome mod in either C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\mods\packages or C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\mods\packages\hacks

The 1.34 patch installed. (Don't assume, check your version see here

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Milhouse
Asinine Airhead

So i herd u liek milkipz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 06, 20:46:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everything check except for the d3dx9_31.dll. I read the (sticky?)thread about the Sims 3 Version before I posted here.

Update thats why I didn't post it yet. : No effect even with d3dx9_31.dll or without. I didn't have it, so I copied it from the system32 folder.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 06, 21:09:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No don't use that one from your system folder. I have no idea what version it is. Get the version from Pesacdo's framework here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15184.0.html

Note that Delphy's Monkey Installer was supposed to automatically install the right version of that file and put it in the game directory so something must have gone wrong.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Milhouse
Asinine Airhead

So i herd u liek milkipz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 06, 21:20:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Finally it wants to boot. Tyvm.
Swat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 06, 22:22:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good to see that problem resolved.
I was getting the Old Car Syndrom over and over yesterday with the new AM, i tried to boot it with 3booter at least 12 times. It finally worked after I removed a mod or two.

Voodoo, indeed.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: