More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 04:00:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  "All the right moves" bug
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: "All the right moves" bug  (Read 4163 times)
saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
"All the right moves" bug
« on: 2009 August 06, 07:22:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Guys

I have a really weird, repeating glitch with my TS3 game. I've searched here and in several other places, but I can't seem to find the bug or it's fix anywhere. I've got version 1.3.24.00002 installed. I'm at level 9 of the sports career, she got the challenge to read a book called "All the Right Moves" and when the challenge completed, it kept spawning the message hundreds and hundreds of times (I recorded 234 at one point). It's deeply annoying, it slows the game right down and is showing no signs of quitting.

I only have awesomemod installed, but the only bits I've got enabled are the nocd and debug features-although I had more than that enabled initially when the bug started spawning.

I'm figuring as I've disabled most of the stuff on Awesome mod, I'm guessing this is more likely an EAxis stuff up, but I thought I'd ask you folks and see if you had a clue how to fix it. I've already tried the resetSim command, that didn't work.

Kathleen
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: "All the right moves" bug
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 06, 08:30:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have a save from before this started, I can look at it and see if I can reproduce and fix it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 06, 09:12:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh bugger, unfortunately I don't have a save from that point of the game. I've saved a copy of the game while the issue is happening but not beforehand.

Out of interest, I tried changing her career (it's on a seperate save now) and that fixed it.. it's a pain in the ass though because she's on Level 1 of the new career (she was on Level 9)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 06, 09:29:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can take a look at it anyway, although this would be less guaranteed to be useful.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
cuthbert
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 06, 19:47:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I experienced exactly the same problem with that opportunity. I saved the game right before the oppotunity appeared, so I reloaded and the same opportunity reappeared. I canceled the opportunity immediately after accepting it to keep the book without thinking, and saved the game after that... Now my level 9 athlete and level 5 politician never, ever promote. Furious, I deleted all my save games including the backup files. I would have reported the bug delightfully if I were better in English, but my brain doesn't work well when I'm mad...
saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 07, 04:36:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Pescado

If you're still interested in taking a look at this error, I've loaded it up to Rapidshare. http://rs741l3.rapidshare.com/cgi-bin/upload.cgi?rsuploadid=98447426118952804

I'll also try to set up another family on the same career path and save it at roughly level 8 and see if I can generate the same error. I'm interested to know whether this is only sporadic or any time that error generates. If it does, I'll try to get a saved family from before the error occurred.

Kathleen
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: