More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 04:11:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Stupid Phones!!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Stupid Phones!!!  (Read 3682 times)
anachronista
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Stupid Phones!!!
« on: 2009 August 05, 18:09:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Havin' trouble with my phones.... Cry They'e borked.

On residential lots, they'll do everything except "Call Sim". When I click on that, the sim dials a number and then performs the infamous jump maneuver. They can call services, book vacations or anything else, and even incoming calls are received with no problem, but no calls out to other sims.

EDIT: When I call to invite the Headmaster, I get the "crank call" screen and the groups option gets the same Fail as call sim.

Another odd thing is that on community lots downtown I click on the phone and all I get is "Walk to Lot...".

I've tried pulling out all my hacks and hacked objects, but the problem is still there. I have all the Sims 2 Expansion and Stuff packs (but no life  Grin) except Holiday Stuff and have run the patches.

Solutions? Suggestions? Gripes? Jokes?  Huh
« Last Edit: 2009 August 05, 20:14:43 by anachronista » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Stupid Phones!!!
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 06, 01:04:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once again, I point the blame squarely at tight pants.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
GelatinousSubstance
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 06, 02:08:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a known issue with apartment life. Turn off Screen Calls, and if you haven't patched your game, do it (but still - don't use Screen Calls).

If that doesn't help; then I don't know what else could be causing your problem.

Doctor: "He was lucky... He was shot in the 90% of the brain that he wasn't using..."

There is no shame in not being ashamed.
anachronista
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 06, 03:26:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, GS. I've run all the patches. I've never seen Screen Calls come up. Is that an option when you click on the phone? What I do have among all the usual stuff is the "Set Ringer" option with 5, 10, 15 and 20 as choices. My dim and foggy memory associates that, perhaps wrongly, with Pescado's (truly) superb phonehack, but in carefully going through all my CC files, I don't find it anymore.

This afternoon I played in debug mode and got a "Hit Break Point Primitive" message for the phone. Also a lot of (empty) missing anim entries are showing up in the Logs folder.

If that's any help...I'm sorry for being such a technotard.  Sad 
GelatinousSubstance
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 06, 04:14:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those are the phonehack options you are seeing (5, 10, 15, 20...).

Screen Calls is an option that came with AL. If you're not seeing that option, and you have AL, you may be running the wrong version of the phonehack. Make sure that you are using the one from Pescado's AL director's cut directory, and when you have the option to turn Screen Calls on or off, make sure that they are turned off - this fixed it for me; hope it works for you.

Doctor: "He was lucky... He was shot in the 90% of the brain that he wasn't using..."

There is no shame in not being ashamed.
anachronista
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 06, 14:24:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much! That solved the problem.  Grin (((GS)))
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: