More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:27:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Indy Stone Mod development stops - News at 9
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Indy Stone Mod development stops - News at 9  (Read 66768 times)
iii
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Indy Stone Mod development stops - News at 9
« Reply #100 on: 2009 September 05, 02:32:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope Awesome Mod can include all features of Indie Stone Mod, except that all included features MUST be configured by pressing "Ctrl+Shift+C" beforehand, and they may be configured by typing "setconfig" afterward and be viewed from using "showconfig" afterward!

Quote from: Mimi52861
Hello all!

We have a forum quoted in the download page which is where all updates on the mod are announced. We've not been able to continue development for various reasons, and are looking for another modder / mod team who would like to continue work on the mod.

Details here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=361706

Thanks and love to all those who have supported us, and apologies we never managed to make the patch jump, and screw you all the people who were unneccessarily rude about the lack of an update, like you were paying us or anything.

Love,

lemmy&binky
That is a very sad thing, because I really like that mod...
Even though the "core" package of the Awesome Mod makes the "mod" package of that mod be compatible with "Sims 3" 1.4.6, problems are encountered when the config is going to applied on all households...
So, it is very sad that the problems will not be solved in short time...
I have the read the detail above, but I think the creator of the Awesome Mod can ask for the source code of the Indie Stone Mod, because I think he has expertise and endeavor to merge that mod with the Awesome Mod (or to improve that only...).
However, I think the best way of continuing the development is to make that mod be open source...
« Last Edit: 2009 September 05, 19:35:13 by iii » Logged
twallan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2009 September 05, 04:19:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is a very sad thing, because I really like that mod...
Even though the "core" package of the Awesome Mod makes the "mod" package of that mod be compatible with "Sims 3" 1.4.6, problems are encountered when the config is going to applied on all households...
So, it is very sad that the problems will not be solved in short time...
I have the read the detail above, but I think the creator of the Awesome Mod can ask for the source code of the Indie Stone Mod, because I think he has expertise and endeavor to merge that mod with the Awesome Mod (or to improve that only...).
However, I think the best way of continuing the development is to make this mod be open source...

Pescado has his own Story Progression system available in Awesome...  So it's incredibly doubtful he'll pick up IndieStone and start maintaining someone else's work.

Good day. Smiley
Lorea
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2009 September 16, 20:30:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't you have problems with "Tweaks"->"Genetically modify Active Sim" option?
I can set everything perfect except sims's weight and muscle. I set a fatty sim to maximum fat and maximum muscle and in the game after a minute the sim looked like exactly before I changed her look.
I changed her look 4 times, she changed back in game 4 times.. This happened with other sims too.
I think that option doesn't work anymore..
Lorea
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2009 September 19, 21:10:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can set everything perfect except sims's weight and muscle. I set a fatty sim to maximum fat and maximum muscle and in the game after a minute the sim looked like exactly before I changed her look.
I changed her look 4 times, she changed back in game 4 times.. This happened with other sims too.

Edit:
I tried editsim with Supercomputer too and the same happened as with Indie Stone.
I made a sim max fat and max muscle, saved, but in the game after few seconds sim looked like exactly the same like before editing.
I think my game has problem but I don't know what. Any idea?
What can cause this strange thing?
RustyShackleford
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2009 September 19, 21:56:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was this a sim you picked up out of the townie pool? I have the same situation when I try and edit a game generated sim,but no issues editing one I made from CAS.

She-she-sshhaa!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2009 September 19, 23:08:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The manual specifically instructs you not to attempt to alter a sim's weight values in editsim.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RustyShackleford
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2009 September 19, 23:34:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

10. "editsim <SIM NAME>": As above. EXPERIMENTAL and UNSUPPORTED.
     Can edit facial features and favorites. Do not attempt to change a sim's
     weight, age, or traits using this command. No support will be provided
     for this command: YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN!
Damn my selective reading,guess my quest for a chunky boss to harass blinded my good sense.I shall go to my dunce corner now.

She-she-sshhaa!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: