More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 15:11:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  droptrait registeredsexoffender
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: droptrait registeredsexoffender  (Read 14531 times)
layziegtp
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
droptrait registeredsexoffender
« on: 2009 September 11, 01:54:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Somehow, my Sim got Pedophile and Registered Sex Offender. As far as I know, he didn't have it when I quit the game the last time, but when I started it up later he had lost his job, and can't get it back because of the trait. The Sim doesn't have any children friends, and I never made him interact with any children, so I'm not quite sure how he got it (can sims get it automatically without user intervention?) I'd like to know if it's possible to remove both the traits. Obviously, I can drop Pedophile, but the Registered Sex Offender can't be removed. I get the cruel humor of not letting it be removable, but since this is my main/only character, I'd like him to be able to get his job back. I've searched the forum, and google, and tried what little advice I found, including disabling Pedophilia in the aweconf and starting the game without awesomemod, but neither remove the trait (permanently).

The warning was there when I enabled the feature, but I didn't realize the consequences of having it enabled would mean starting my Sim over from scratch. Any help would be appreciated.
Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
Re: droptrait registeredsexoffender
« Reply #1 on: 2009 September 11, 02:02:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey layziegtp,

I too had this problem in my game w/one of my sims and then thru the advice of another poster here was able to get it removed from the sims' trait list. So, just take AM out of your game, place it on your desktop temporarily and then go back into your game and you will see that the trait is no longer there. Then save and exit your game, put the AM back in your packages folder and you should be good to go... Good Luck !   Smiley

"Life is not about surviving the storms but rather how to dance in the rain" ~

Luther Vandross ~ Forever, For Always, For Love ~ 2005

Genius - Flirty - Friendly - Good Sense of Humor - Great Kisser ~
byronh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 September 11, 04:03:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try Testingcheastenabled true and shift clicking on the Sim? What about the NRaas supercomputer to add/remove traits?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 September 11, 04:21:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Somehow, my Sim got Pedophile and Registered Sex Offender. As far as I know, he didn't have it when I quit the game the last time, but when I started it up later he had lost his job, and can't get it back because of the trait.
Is there something you're not telling us? Because I can't think of any reason hy he would suddenly acquire the trait without previously having it. Send me your save and I'll take a look at it, though.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
layziegtp
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 September 11, 14:02:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Somehow, my Sim got Pedophile and Registered Sex Offender. As far as I know, he didn't have it when I quit the game the last time, but when I started it up later he had lost his job, and can't get it back because of the trait.
Is there something you're not telling us? Because I can't think of any reason hy he would suddenly acquire the trait without previously having it. Send me your save and I'll take a look at it, though.

Lol, I had a feeling somebody would ask that. No, I only enabled pedophilia because I thought it would be cool to find neighboring NPCs get the trait, add a little realism to the game, etc. My gf and I both play the same household, alternating back and forth. I asked her if she might have done something, but she didn't even know she could get the trait (in fact she had texted me earlier in the day something to the effect of "OMG why is my Sim a pedophile???") So she got the trait too without even knowing she could.

Hey layziegtp,

I too had this problem in my game w/one of my sims and then thru the advice of another poster here was able to get it removed from the sims' trait list. So, just take AM out of your game, place it on your desktop temporarily and then go back into your game and you will see that the trait is no longer there. Then save and exit your game, put the AM back in your packages folder and you should be good to go... Good Luck !   Smiley

I actually did this first, it was one of the few answers I found by searching the forum. Started the game without AM, the trait was gone. Saved and exited, ran the AM config to disable Pedophilia, put AM and the new config back... the trait came back!

Testingcheatsenabled doesn't show Pedophile or Registered Sex Offender, just the 5 base traits (unless I'm missing something). I haven't tried the supercomputer yet. I'll see about sending you the save later in the day if I still can't fix it. Time for work though =(
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 September 11, 15:59:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually did this first, it was one of the few answers I found by searching the forum. Started the game without AM, the trait was gone. Saved and exited, ran the AM config to disable Pedophilia, put AM and the new config back... the trait came back!
You can't drop it that way. People tried to exploit this, but no, you can't get out that easily. That exploit was closed weeks ago.

Testingcheatsenabled doesn't show Pedophile or Registered Sex Offender, just the 5 base traits (unless I'm missing something). I haven't tried the supercomputer yet. I'll see about sending you the save later in the day if I still can't fix it. Time for work though =(
You can't fix it. It's intended to be permanent once you earn it. What is weird is that you managed to get it apparently WITHOUT doing anything...or so you claim. If you *DID* do something earn it, I am just going to laugh at you, though.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
skelley
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 September 11, 16:05:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If your girlfriend didn't know you had added pedophilia, perhaps she had the sim romance a teen without realizing it was a teen. It's hard to tell sim teens, YAs and adults apart in my opinion.

In any case your sim shouldn't be a RegisteredSexOffender unless he was arrested, I believe.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 September 11, 16:07:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not possible to do it accidentally: Sims won't do it autonomously and any attempt to do so manually shows the HANDCUFFS symbol on every action, unless you've already done so and earned the Pedophile trait, in which case you will see Pedobear.

rmt
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 September 12, 00:57:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha! I guess my reply got deleted again.  Oh well, the second half (the part that shouldn't be a problem) was:

You can't drop it that way. People tried to exploit this, but no, you can't get out that easily. That exploit was closed weeks ago.

Why is it a big deal if people want to remove the mod temporarily to drop the trait?  It's easy enough to accidentally get it if you're not paying close attention.  I have a bunch of deliberately Pedo'd Sims I wouldn't remove it from (which is why I have the pedo feature turned on in the first place), but it seems silly to have to go through the above rigmarole to restore a sim you didn't want Pedo'd.  
layziegtp
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 September 12, 01:15:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I can try to reassure you all day that I did not do anything manually to get the trait, and the gf has assured me that she didn't make my sim do anything (or hers for that matter) , but I didn't program the awesomemod so I can't argue that it's a bug either. I'd like to get to the bottom of the matter one way or the other, though it looks like I'll be restarting my sim =(

So, if a sim is molestered, do they get the pedobait trait? Or any trait at all? I'd like to hunt down whatever child it is my Sim has a thing for.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 September 12, 04:19:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why is it a big deal if people want to remove the mod temporarily to drop the trait?  It's easy enough to accidentally get it if you're not paying close attention.
No it isn't. The obvious HANDCUFFS kinda give it away!

In any case, I have altered the code. Pray I do not alter it further!

rmt
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 September 12, 05:51:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why is it a big deal if people want to remove the mod temporarily to drop the trait?  It's easy enough to accidentally get it if you're not paying close attention.
No it isn't. The obvious HANDCUFFS kinda give it away!

It was late at night and I was tired.  I didn't notice in time (although I still don't recall seeing handcuffs -- I realised what I'd done because I saw that the little popup window said High School -- not to say they weren't there, but I didn't register them). 

(shrug)  The trait has already been removed from the only sim I wanted to remove it from.  With any luck, I won't need to do it again anyway.  Smiley
Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 September 12, 05:53:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is one thing to the pedophile trait/scenario that you may not be aware of layziegtp, and that is that Pescado added it only to make a lot of simmers happy since he really did not want it in his mod of the game. So, it's really his right to then add w/e consequences that will make him happy as this way the playing field is more fair, so if he wants to make it a permanent trait then so be it. And I realize that you probably didn't know this when "playing around" w/this trait just as I didn't know that my workaround that I suggested to you was now extinct...  Just a learning curve of sorts and now since he's modified it for a bit it would be a good idea to take advantage of it fast !  Good Luck !   Wink  Cheesy

"Life is not about surviving the storms but rather how to dance in the rain" ~

Luther Vandross ~ Forever, For Always, For Love ~ 2005

Genius - Flirty - Friendly - Good Sense of Humor - Great Kisser ~
layziegtp
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 September 12, 14:02:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Understandable. I enabled it only for realism, anyway. I had no intention of using it, but I thought that NPCs might, giving the game a hint more randomness. A lesson learned.

Still, I'd like to know if there are any commands I can use to determine who the victim of my 'attack' was. I'm thoroughly convinced that something went awry, and I'd like to find out what happened, if it's possible.
JEthel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 September 12, 14:23:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can use Twallan's NRaas Super Comp in the pudding factory.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,16355.0.html

One of his filters to search / select a sim is a trait related one. So you can check if you have any other Pedophile / sex offender in your hood, and who their Pedobaits are.

By the way, this is how I discovered that the children of a former pedobait inherited her hidden trait... (or they might have gotten it from their pedophile father, which would make more sense in my humble opinion, but that would also require incest. brrr)
AlexanderMorgan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 September 14, 15:35:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LMAO! This SW quote really cracked me up! In anyway all traits are removable thru CAS and the SuperComp right? Meaning: Pedos can walk... right? And let's keep it that way. There's nothing wrong with a little man-boy love. Priests do it all the time. Hell even that nice old gentleman across the Griffins home, Mr. Herbert does it Wink
rebecca_longstreet
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 September 20, 00:49:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Young Adult char became a registeredsexoffender.  She had just graduated from HS, had no relationships, had never had sex and had never been kissed by a child or otherwise. Luckly I had a previously saved game under a different name and went back to it. I moved all of the families with kids to the other side of town and haven't had a problem since.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 September 20, 01:00:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this with the latest version?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: