More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:56:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesome Story Driver Beta-Testing reports
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesome Story Driver Beta-Testing reports  (Read 224903 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Awesome Story Driver Beta-Testing reports
« Reply #425 on: 2009 September 16, 23:26:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a harmless message indicating that at the time the sim tried to romance, everyone was busy or there weren't any people left.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Aqua
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: 2009 September 21, 17:58:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having a derelict car (purple) in my city. Its parked in front of the gym. I cant get rid of it. towderelicts and fixall doesnt help.
And i cant find the option in my NRaas Computer V19 to solve it. Any other ideas?
The person who should be the owner of the car is not living in my city, and its not homeless. So i cant put her back in the car.
Aqua
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: 2009 September 21, 19:06:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

towderelicts on fixed 2 cars (police, cars2) from 0 to 1 i would say.
But the mentioned car is still in front of the gym. So thanks for the try.
Aqua
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: 2009 September 21, 19:36:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So i removed it from the world. Now the car is gone, the purple icon is still there. Then CTRl+Shift-Click on the Icon - Delete, and its gone. Thanks.
escagirluk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: 2009 October 20, 10:03:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was having a look at the awesomemod wikka, hoping to find something to help fix a problem I have, and found this code - fixagingstates

The description is given as "Fixes bad aging states", but what exactly does that mean?

Will it fix the bug I'm getting where some of my non-player families are having kids that won't age up? I've had to manually go in and age up several sim-kids with the cake; they seem to get to 0 days in their stage and then get stuck there.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: 2009 October 20, 11:36:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was having a look at the awesomemod wikka, hoping to find something to help fix a problem I have, and found this code - fixagingstates
It's an experimental command to fix an issue I encountered. I do not know if it is your issue, and it's not a documented problem, so I haven't mentioned it anywhere.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Malapietra
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: 2009 October 24, 04:44:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to have Awesome Story Driver ON for one of your neighborhoods and OFF for another?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: 2009 October 24, 04:51:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can toggle configuration dynamically in-game using setconfig. You can also simply turn off story progression, AwesomeStory respects the global Story Progression toggle.

Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: 2009 October 30, 18:20:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm used to seeing the awesome story driver popping up messages and they're usually meaningful. I got two new messages just appear and have absolutely no idea what they are:

X has slain by the new male (multiple of these)
X married Y and going feral

Images can be found here. Pescado?

kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: 2009 November 01, 17:55:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dunno about going feral, but I'd assume "has been slain by the new male" is talking about the situation that occurs in lions, in which a new male taking over a pride will kill all the cubs in the group that were sired by the old male. Extrapolate that to sims.

INFP or something
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: 2009 November 03, 05:09:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims going feral are sims that got married, but didn't manage to move into a house for some reason, perhaps because their original fambly was also homeless, and they still can't afford a house. Thus, they are split off into a new, still homeless (feral) fambly. Slain by new male is the message that happens when, yes, a new male takes over a pride of feral sims.

Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: 2009 November 03, 06:26:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That makes sense now. Do feral sims breed?

escagirluk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: 2009 November 03, 15:22:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have overstuffed houses allowed, but when I tried to marry or move-in sim 8's girlfriend, no matter what I did, neither the move in or the commited relationship-get engaged-get married options showed up.

Do those options even show up with overstuffed houses, or do I need to move out the prospective spouse and then combine households in Edit Neighbourhood?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: 2009 November 03, 17:05:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you're having other issues if you can't even get engaged. You're probably not unlocking the interactions with the right contexts.

Jonni
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: 2009 November 07, 23:30:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the Awesome Story Driver enabled for a while but I've never seen any messages about story actions, like "Sim A married Sim B". Do I need to enable a setting in the config file? 'InformOnStoryAction' doesn't seem to work either.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: 2009 November 07, 23:57:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Both of those options need to be enabled for them to work. Use the config tool, it's right next to the download for AM.

I sing along with elevator music.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: 2009 November 08, 03:28:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If Story Driver is on, actions will happen if Story Progression is enabled in options. However, like with EAxis, you will not be notified unless you turn the option to be notified on. If you turn on notifications, and Story Progression is NOT on, then you will also not be notified because nothing will happen.

kristinjean
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: 2009 December 16, 05:27:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If Story Driver is on, actions will happen if Story Progression is enabled in options. However, like with EAxis, you will not be notified unless you turn the option to be notified on. If you turn on notifications, and Story Progression is NOT on, then you will also not be notified because nothing will happen.

I have story progression on and also InformOnStoryAction on but still no notifications??? Does it take a while? I have read the paper and some babies have been born. Anything else i need?? Thanks
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: 2009 December 16, 18:35:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have story progression on and also InformOnStoryAction on but still no notifications??? Does it take a while? I have read the paper and some babies have been born. Anything else i need?? Thanks
Awesome Story doesn't inform about births, or deaths for that matter.  It informs about sims getting pregnant and also about sims going on dates, and I even saw one message that a couple had broken up.  If you want notifications about births and deaths, there are some available over in the Pudding Factory.  I don't remember who made them, but I have them in my game and they work exactly as advertized.  I like the birth messages especally, since it says who had a baby, what the baby's name was, and also the baby's gender.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: 2009 December 16, 20:02:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome Story doesn't inform about births, or deaths for that matter.  It informs about sims getting pregnant and also about sims going on dates, and I even saw one message that a couple had broken up.  If you want notifications about births and deaths, there are some available over in the Pudding Factory.  I don't remember who made them, but I have them in my game and they work exactly as advertized.  I like the birth messages especally, since it says who had a baby, what the baby's name was, and also the baby's gender.
IIRC, the mods you're looking for are Buzzler's Birth Control mirror and I believe Twallen's Supercomputer also has a notification option  (not sure about that one though).

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: 2009 December 16, 20:22:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Buzzler has less complicated "event notifiers" over in The Pudding Factory, if all you desire is announcements.
crazstar
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: 2010 March 24, 09:00:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

actually I'm new to awesomemod and I was wondering how do you know if the story driver is working or is on?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: 2010 March 24, 09:37:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Assuming you have installed using the default configuration, and you have Story Progression on, AwesomeStory is working. If you have manually reverted to EAstory, then it is "working" under the same conditions, if you can call any operation of EAstory to be "working". If you have Twallanian Story installed, then none of these options work and you will have to consult Twallanian Story for its ruleset, as all AwesomeMod Story Progression functions are deactivated if Twallanian Story is detected to be installed.

Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: 2010 April 15, 08:05:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Slain by new male is the message that happens when, yes, a new male takes over a pride of feral sims.
This only happens with feral sims, right?  Not the civilized varity that live in houses.  Like if ASM got Claire Ursine married, her husband wouldn't murder her newborn baby, would he?

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: