More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:36:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesome Story Driver Beta-Testing reports
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesome Story Driver Beta-Testing reports  (Read 224911 times)
IreneDAdler
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Awesome Story Driver Beta-Testing reports
« Reply #300 on: 2009 August 24, 02:57:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well those overalls come with Riverview so if you absolutely don't need Riverview and don't really intend to play it ever then you could always just uninstall it.
I'm not sure uninstalling the neighborhood would take out the game items that came with the neighborhood (kind of like how uninstalling a house doesn't automatically uninstall all the furniture that came with the house, those always stay in the buy/build mode catalogues).  But I'm sure it's possible to just uninstall the overalls themselves, either through the garbage can in the CAS outfit catalogue page, or by finding the entry in the EA Launcher "Installed Content" list.

As for my male sims, the Matrix coat was quite in vogue for a while, but it seems like the farmer aesthetic is the in thing now.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: 2009 August 24, 03:02:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure uninstalling the neighborhood would take out the game items that came with the neighborhood (kind of like how uninstalling a house doesn't automatically uninstall all the furniture that came with the house, those always stay in the buy/build mode catalogues).  But I'm sure it's possible to just uninstall the overalls themselves, either through the garbage can in the CAS outfit catalogue page, or by finding the entry in the EA Launcher "Installed Content" list.

As for my male sims, the Matrix coat was quite in vogue for a while, but it seems like the farmer aesthetic is the in thing now.

In January it will be Arab robes, trust me. Tongue

But the overalls aren't a separate package, they came with the Riverview one I believe, so I don't think you can uninstall them individually but if someone found a way then let me know!

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: 2009 August 24, 07:01:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does AM Story Mode inform about couples getting married or having babies? I was getting only notes about skilling or going to work, but because of the cement shoes problem I've been a round in town and MANY of my couples got married or had babies and I was not aware of it. I found Agnes Crumplebottom married to Connor Frio and she was named Agnes Frio and was pregnant. I don't like a family named Frio, sure I can change it but it would have been useful if I was informed before the babies are born. As I have only one double bed and one set of availability for baby/toddler/child in every house, as soon as a baby is born, the extra wheel in the carriage moves immediately out. So I got two Frios households. This is confusing for a person that plays hood instead of houses. The process I use uptodate to change a household name is to move all members to another household, rename them and then move them out again to create a new named household. It would be easier if I new it beforehand by a screen notice.
As to towns to die because of too little population, never happened to me because I also participate actively on increasing population either moving in my own characters or provoking some pollinations self once singles are not pollinate often.
As to gay population, I turned the possible quote from 1 to 0% in one of xml and since then none happened. I play the same way I think, I have nothing against gays so long they do not invade my space and I suppose they think the same.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 2009 August 24, 07:26:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The process I use uptodate to change a household name is to move all members to another household, rename them and then move them out again to create a new named household. It would be easier if I new it beforehand by a screen notice.

Or you could rename your household on the Edit Town screen.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 2009 August 24, 07:32:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, note taken. There's quite a lot of serious problems that the easiest is missed. Most of what is obvious I got from reading posts.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: 2009 August 24, 07:39:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My reportback on AM Story mode: Romantic things are definitely happening.

I am starting to set up a MATYhood in Ella's rural hood so I grabbed 8 random MATY puddings and put them in a house. Anyone who specified extra traits were given them. Then I put Inge in her country cottage and switched to that household. I let the game run "overnight" as I wanted to send Inge to some classes the next morning.

By the time I switched back to the first house, one game night and day had passed. In that time, Hook and Christine Donk had married, and Trixie and Kofi were an item. When I looked in the relationship panels, I saw that Trixie and Nailati were having an affair as well.

In a town with a very small group of characters, the effects of Story Progression are going to be more visible.

More F than you
chann
Corpulent Cretin

TS3: an "eye-opening tour de farce" (sic)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #306 on: 2009 August 24, 08:31:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just noticed one married Sim with TWO ex-girlfriends.
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #307 on: 2009 August 24, 08:49:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the choosing of outfit issue: I notice a clear tendency to pick saved presets. For example I made several experimental "historic" outfits that are saved as presets, which has led to a crazy trend in my "space" hood to pick long skirts and brownish kilts. It would be good to have different "preset files" for different hoods, I haven't tested if thats possible yet.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: 2009 August 24, 10:44:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is normal. Sims tend to initially start out playing the field a bit, otherwise they'd deterministically settle into their best relationship, which people think is boring. However, after they reach the commitment stage, the other relations are frequently terminated, to avoid the previous pattern of the retained relationships resulting in constant affairs.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #309 on: 2009 August 24, 12:10:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is normal. Sims tend to initially start out playing the field a bit, otherwise they'd deterministically settle into their best relationship, which people think is boring. However, after they reach the commitment stage, the other relations are frequently terminated, to avoid the previous pattern of the retained relationships resulting in constant affairs.
In my game, my Sims keep the red heart (romantic interest) they get when the romance is begun even after they marry someone else.  Also, I've noticed, if I don't bless a family, the NPC's of the game keep dating even though they have already married.  Now these are the Sims that come in the game.  I'm talking specifically about one of the females in the Roomies household that married Ian Bowlan (fat, neurotic, black guy that comes in the household with Abram Finkle) and he moved into the Roomies home with her, but she is constantly dating others.  I don't care about her, I left a couple females in the game to see what would happen to my gay males but she is quite the hussy.  As I run out of housing I will eventually delete her, reduce Ian's size and use him for one of my males but my game so far has been more of an experiment than a game so it's been interesting to see what happens using story mode.  I've used it in my past couple games and it's been kind of fun seeing how the game runs itself and I am using the awesome story driver.

chann
Corpulent Cretin

TS3: an "eye-opening tour de farce" (sic)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #310 on: 2009 August 24, 12:50:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I'm actually surprised and pleased at it. Grin There's no way you'd see that happen in Indie Stone or vanilla story mode. I hope to see an autonomous divorce soon.
IreneDAdler
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: 2009 August 24, 15:57:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In January it will be Arab robes, trust me. Tongue

But the overalls aren't a separate package, they came with the Riverview one I believe, so I don't think you can uninstall them individually but if someone found a way then let me know!

This way is slightly tedious but the most direct way I can think of.  Open up the EA launcher and go to Installed Content, and scroll through all the entries in the everything-under-the-sun tab (I have no idea why they didn't make a separate tab for CAS parts but oh wells) until you find it, and then click Uninstall.  In theory this should make sims no longer wear the outfit.  But I'm pretty sure "uninstall" just means "the game will forget where this package is, but the data is still there," so how complete a solution this is can only be seen through testing.

tms
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: 2009 August 24, 20:37:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I've put cribs in every house in my neighborhood but there are no babies being born. I read though the first couple pages of this thread but it was getting to be too much so I don't know if there's a fix for this issue.

Translation: No one is having babies but I couldn't be bothered to read or search.

Advice: Be more specific. Are you using an updated AM? How long did you wait? READ MAOR!

I'm using an updated AM.
I waited about 4 days.
And am I really expected to read through every page in this thread?
Eliste
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 2009 August 24, 21:22:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Absolutely!
This is how Internet works mate. If you want free information you do a search and read through your finds. Information is valuable, it takes time to find it, it takes time to type it for you in a language that you would understand. Plenty of people make a living out of searching for info and presenting it in easy to read form. Nobody here owes you any favors and people here are not nice.
So read MOAR!
tms
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: 2009 August 24, 21:35:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Absolutely!
This is how Internet works mate. If you want free information you do a search and read through your finds. Information is valuable, it takes time to find it, it takes time to type it for you in a language that you would understand. Plenty of people make a living out of searching for info and presenting it in easy to read form. Nobody here owes you any favors and people here are not nice.
So read MOAR!

Sure.
But I did just get my first pregnancy.
So that's that I guess.

simwit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: 2009 August 24, 21:49:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, a couple of days ago I started a new neighborhood. Awesomized Sunset Valley with 4 extra houses, and seeded from scratch with very colorful, very straight couples, and just a few single sims. Every couple has at least one family-oriented sim, and Mr. X pollinates Mrs. X often enough. I'm very happy with the Awesome Story Driver at the moment, and I'm sure it will only get better.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 2009 August 25, 00:32:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm talking specifically about one of the females in the Roomies household that married...but she is constantly dating others.
Is she Flirty?  That or Commitment Issues will cause married sims to cheat.  I remember that one of the Roomies, the one with long hair and a pink headband who's in Politics is Flirty.

Svetlana Baker who is an elder and starts married will also cheat on her hubby with all the YAs who apparently don't find her age (she's a grandmother for goodness sake!) or her marital status a turn-off.  I'm just hoping she dies soon.   Tongue

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 2009 August 25, 03:40:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@IreneDAdler: Those overalls weren't showing up for me at all in the launcher even in the full list tab. I did some digging and at least in the version of Riverview I have they are 4 separate package files of the type CAS part with hashed up jibberish names that are shoved into the Riverview sims3pack.

Anyway, I will try yanking out Riverview into packages and loading them all except the damned overalls and see if that works. Tongue

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
IreneDAdler
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 2009 August 25, 04:34:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@IreneDAdler: Those overalls weren't showing up for me at all in the launcher even in the full list tab. I did some digging and at least in the version of Riverview I have they are 4 separate package files of the type CAS part with hashed up jibberish names that are shoved into the Riverview sims3pack.

Anyway, I will try yanking out Riverview into packages and loading them all except the damned overalls and see if that works. Tongue
Ah yeah that's a good idea.  Good luck Smiley

edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 2009 August 25, 07:59:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Except for my ghost bike problem, everything is going as it should with AM story mode. My Sims are being pollinated not only once but regularly so long they are still fertile.
It seems that it gets triggered after you self pollinate some, sounds like teaching the way ...
One small annoyance is that kids leave school and supposedly go to visit school mates or bring them home. The problem is that they initially don't know the kid they visit or be visited what should be the meaning for those visits, BUT they do not contact or be contacted by those kids while visiting. Most of the time they leave or be left without even be known with each other.
Most of the time they watch TV or do homework. I catch myself pursuing the visited house to watch the kids and have to start conversation or simply pull the bars so that they have an initial friendship otherwise it is just lost time. Can it be done like TS2 that kids that are brought home gets an initial boost in the relationship so that they at least try to play tag.
In TS2 I made a change so that all the childish play (tag, catch, etc) HAD to have at least one child as participant, best two children and the child should be the one to start the interaction. This was my way to force parents to play with their kids or kids to play with other kids. It is not only Sims with childish trait that plays all the time with other non-kids, but all of them and it becomes annoying. Parents Sims don't care at all for their children and it would be a good way to force them to play with them.
tjstreak
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 2009 August 26, 17:36:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it has not bee working for me.  A quick check of my neighborhood shows no infants, no toddlers, no children and no teens.  I have a lot of oldsters dying off, however.  I became suspicious when on of the children in my family seemed to have no friends, was not going home with anyone and was not inviting any friends over.  This was after I put cribs all over town.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 2009 August 26, 18:50:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it has not bee working for me.  A quick check of my neighborhood shows no infants, no toddlers, no children and no teens.  I have a lot of oldsters dying off, however.  I became suspicious when on of the children in my family seemed to have no friends, was not going home with anyone and was not inviting any friends over.  This was after I put cribs all over town.
Do you have anyone in your town who is actually capable of having children (that is, do you have any Young Adult or Adult females)?  If not, you'll probably have to manually move a few in to avoid total town extinction.

IreneDAdler
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 2009 August 26, 21:18:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One small annoyance is that kids leave school and supposedly go to visit school mates or bring them home. The problem is that they initially don't know the kid they visit or be visited what should be the meaning for those visits, BUT they do not contact or be contacted by those kids while visiting. Most of the time they leave or be left without even be known with each other.
Yeah, that's a short-coming in the EAxian code, I've observed that ever since I first installed the game.

Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 2009 August 26, 22:25:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that's a short-coming in the EAxian code, I've observed that ever since I first installed the game.
Usually, I direct my simkid to interact with the other kid, which works fine so long as the other kid isn't passing out on the floor (which is usually what happens!).

playintheleaves
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 2009 August 27, 05:38:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I might be missing something, but the story driver hates a particular family of mine.  They went "homeless" (living in a hospital) and I have no way to make them my active family.  I even tried moving them in with another active family and then buying them a house.  It worked for a day or two, and then they "moved out" so another family could move in.  It even told me where they were moving (Minihaus) but I have yet to be able to find them on the neighborhood map.

Also, is there anyway to activate for it to tell me when other sims in the neighborhood get married or have children?  More reminiscent of ISM.  Right now it tells me when other sims are going to work or are working on skills, which I don't really care about, but I do care about marriages and babies.

I would, though, like to report that for the most part (other than the same family disappearing repeatedly) it is working free of bugs.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: