More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:57:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesome Story Driver Beta-Testing reports
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesome Story Driver Beta-Testing reports  (Read 224918 times)
Viscountess
Gelina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Awesome Story Driver Beta-Testing reports
« Reply #275 on: 2009 August 22, 14:15:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the latest version of awesomemod I am getting absolutely no romantic interactions.  Nothing is happening in rabbit holes, no one is being pollinated, nada.  I'm only getting people going to work, getting jobs and moving houses.  I have plenty of cribs.
Solmyr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 2009 August 22, 16:19:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Noticed the same, no romancing or pollination with the couple of latest versions, despite there being plenty of singles around.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 2009 August 22, 17:05:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just ran the test, so romance definitely still happens. However, it's very possible for the romance "pool" to be depleted. While there may be plenty of singles, they may have rolled traits that render them relatively uninterested in romance, or they may simply be preoccupied with other matters. Not every single sim has romance as their highest to-do priority. If you're still seeing other events roll every hour or so, then things are functioning normally and the sims are just occupied with matters other than romance.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Solmyr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 2009 August 22, 17:49:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Noticed a few sims romancing, but it definitely happens much less than before. It seems like the new skill gaining gets higher priority from most sims.
IreneDAdler
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: 2009 August 22, 18:39:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Noticed a few sims romancing, but it definitely happens much less than before. It seems like the new skill gaining gets higher priority from most sims.

NEEEEEERRRRRRDDDDDDDSSS!!

I find that I am starting to understand the medieval notion that procreation is everyone's sacred duty.  Could the current AwesomeStory drive same-sex pollination if we install a mod that allows same-sex pregnancy?  I always feel kinda bad breaking up same-sex couples just to make them do their part towards maintaining the population Sad

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #280 on: 2009 August 22, 19:00:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does it allow same sex couples to adopt?  That might be a good way of bringing in some new genetics, if so.  Specially if we can make kids for adoption and put them in a special family for the purpose.  I guess even sims 3 has an adoption pool.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 2009 August 22, 23:24:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Touching on this, could AM slightly reduce the amount of elder-YA romancing that goes on? In my neighborhood the same thing happens, every single or recently widowed elder is roaming around lookin' for love, and they usually hitch up with YAs who would be better used pollinating someone their own age. At the very least romancing with female elders should take a big hit since they cannot procreate.

Hey now gotta give the Cougars some love in the game!  We older womenz need lovin' too and it's fine w/us if the young guys want to go procreate w/younger women but still come to our beds say oh around midnight or so...   Wink  Cheesy

"Life is not about surviving the storms but rather how to dance in the rain" ~

Luther Vandross ~ Forever, For Always, For Love ~ 2005

Genius - Flirty - Friendly - Good Sense of Humor - Great Kisser ~
shinygobonkers
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 2009 August 23, 02:51:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On a related note, I've also been thinking that some autonomous/story driven adoptions would be a nice add to the neighborhood..
IreneDAdler
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 2009 August 23, 04:15:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On a related note, I've also been thinking that some autonomous/story driven adoptions would be a nice add to the neighborhood..
It would be a nice feature to have to add an extra dimension of social interaction in the neighborhood, but I think it is subject to the same implementation problems as general immigration, which is that these automatically-generated sims would most likely have to come from a bin, and so how do you prevent clones from being dropped in all the time?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 2009 August 23, 08:20:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Touching on this, could AM slightly reduce the amount of elder-YA romancing that goes on? In my neighborhood the same thing happens, every single or recently widowed elder is roaming around lookin' for love, and they usually hitch up with YAs who would be better used pollinating someone their own age. At the very least romancing with female elders should take a big hit since they cannot procreate.
This...actually shouldn't be happening as much as say it does. Perhaps certain sims responsible are pursuing their Gold Digger aspirations?

Already happens with the EA SS engine. Just try "stocking" the adoption pool.

NEEEEEERRRRRRDDDDDDDSSS!!
Well, if you want them to ever advance in life and for there to STILL BE SINGLES, you sorta have to allow that some of them may have other things to do.

I find that I am starting to understand the medieval notion that procreation is everyone's sacred duty.  Could the current AwesomeStory drive same-sex pollination if we install a mod that allows same-sex pregnancy?
No, because installing a mod which would do such a thing would be core-based, and therefore, would invalidate AwesomeMod. I am still working on Project Simu-Drone.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Solmyr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: 2009 August 23, 12:32:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm definitely seeing non-gold digger YAs hooking up with elders quite often. IMO single or widowed elders should rarely be romancing at all unless they have appropriate traits (Flirty, etc).

Also another request, currently sims who don't have a job-related LTW don't seem to get a job until their cash drops very low, below §100 or so. Would be better if most sims got a job as soon as they can (unless they are couch potatoes or something), so they could build up their cash and perhaps afford to move into the more expensive houses someday.
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 2009 August 23, 13:53:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a YA marry so many elders and getting widowed I can't remember her name. Could the message go YA/former name married to.... instead of YA/new name married to..., and even better keep their first name: Carol SwOrd-Goddard? I thought she was marrying her father when she wed Frio. She doesn't have special traits, I don't know about lifetimewish.
Jens
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 2009 August 23, 14:17:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the point posters have been making regarding romancing. I noticed very few sims were actually getting married in my played neighbourhood with the last few updates so did a 4 week wolfrun on it which confirmed this.

Following this I created a new town using the latest AM and populated it with 25 male and 25 female YA's all at the beginning of the lifestage with random traits and a broad mixture of lifetime wants. I ensured there was plenty of cribs and beds and affordable housing. I then played through until they became elders the result was only 9 marriages and 14 offspring so therefore a dead town.

I realise this was a small population but the same thing is occurring in my other town which currently has around 160 sims in it. The majority now seem preoccupied with skilling at the expense of marriage and kids. I'm all for realism but most people in the real world manage to combine a family with a career. As the story progression is now, in my experience, there doesn't seem to be a way of keeping a town alive and with a decent gene pool without a great deal of intervention ie. manually marrying most of the population or constantly shipping in new sims.

The few sims in this test hood who did actually get married were constantly having affairs despite having neither the flirty or commitment issues traits, actually a couple had the unflirty trait which was a surprise. Do we have to select each married sim and use 'dropoldloves' to stop this? if so is there anyway to make this automatically happen on marriage or a global command?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: 2009 August 23, 14:29:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This should have been fixed in the current version, but the changes are not retroactively applied. Try a new wolfrun and see if the problem persists.

Jens
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 2009 August 23, 14:53:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This was with the latest AM I've just checked to make sure (dated 23/8 at 01.03) and a brand new town so no pre existing relationships.
shinygobonkers
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: 2009 August 23, 16:34:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Already happens with the EA SS engine. Just try "stocking" the adoption pool. [/quote]

bwahahahahaha....oh, i must admit, I do enjoy "creating" orphans...
tms
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 2009 August 23, 17:54:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Almost all of my non played male sims YA+ are wearing those damned overalls. It looks like a scene out of 1984.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 2009 August 23, 20:05:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's all much, much better now since latest AwesomeMod (today at 1:03 AM).

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 2009 August 23, 21:25:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Almost all of my non played male sims YA+ are wearing those damned overalls. It looks like a scene out of 1984.

The game has a preference for wanting to spawn sims in full bodied outfits vs two piece ones. The obvious reason being you don't end up with heinously mismatched pieces that way. The problem though is that there are so few of them, particularly for the men, that you see the same damned outfits A LOT.

Just wait until World Adventures and you will start seeing tons of sims running around with the Gellabiya on. Tongue

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
tms
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 2009 August 23, 23:46:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I've put cribs in every house in my neighborhood but there are no babies being born. I read though the first couple pages of this thread but it was getting to be too much so I don't know if there's a fix for this issue.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 2009 August 24, 00:35:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This last build makes my game run so much smoother--Thanks.  Now, if I can get rid of these dang Error 12's.
Chocolate Milk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 2009 August 24, 00:43:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game has a preference for wanting to spawn sims in full bodied outfits vs two piece ones. The obvious reason being you don't end up with heinously mismatched pieces that way. The problem though is that there are so few of them, particularly for the men, that you see the same damned outfits A LOT.

Ahh! I had wondered about this. I wouldn't mind mismatches to be honest, the dungarees are just disturbing.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 2009 August 24, 00:47:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well those overalls come with Riverview so if you absolutely don't need Riverview and don't really intend to play it ever then you could always just uninstall it.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #298 on: 2009 August 24, 00:47:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New version of AM works great, long FSE gone, ty Cheesy
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #299 on: 2009 August 24, 01:26:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I've put cribs in every house in my neighborhood but there are no babies being born. I read though the first couple pages of this thread but it was getting to be too much so I don't know if there's a fix for this issue.

Translation: No one is having babies but I couldn't be bothered to read or search.

Advice: Be more specific. Are you using an updated AM? How long did you wait? READ MAOR!

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: