More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 10:39:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesome Story Driver Beta-Testing reports
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesome Story Driver Beta-Testing reports  (Read 224952 times)
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
Re: Awesome Story Driver Beta-Testing reports
« Reply #250 on: 2009 August 21, 05:47:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the focus of the stalk is below best friend level, they would get the creeped out moodlet.

I like that idea, too, a "Creeped-Out" moodlet.

And another idea: Hopeless Romantics should die of a Broken Heart.  After X number of rebuffs from an ex-lover, they drop dead on his/her porch leaving a ghost of some color. (Pink?  Whatever.  Maybe better to keep it simple and make it an existing color.)  A ghost that still hits on the house owner.  All very Wuthering Heights.

Heathcliff? (or Cathy)?  We can HAZ music with that.  Pat Benatar has a song ... (must check CD collection for proper song title)!  A bit hard on "Hopeless Romantics", aren't we?  Although stalker ghosts could be appealing.  In any event, I'd rather inflict an early death on the "Flirty", "Commitment Issue" Sims who are married and indulging in "other pastimes".  Perhaps they could drop dead in the Mausoleum ...?
« Last Edit: 2009 August 21, 06:02:47 by coconnor » Logged

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2009 August 21, 05:50:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I cannot make anyone who I have active control over sacred by clicking on them, either.
Making the sim you CONTROL sacred is purposeless, because the Active Household already has protection.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

Less awesome than some of you

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2009 August 21, 08:34:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heathcliff? (or Cathy)?  We can HAZ music with that.  Pat Benatar has a song ... (must check CD collection for proper song title)!

The song is "Wuthering Heights" and the original artist is actually Kate Bush. Pat's made a cover.
Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2009 August 21, 08:40:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the focus of the stalk is below best friend level, they would get the creeped out moodlet.

I like that idea, too, a "Creeped-Out" moodlet.

And another idea: Hopeless Romantics should die of a Broken Heart.  After X number of rebuffs from an ex-lover, they drop dead on his/her porch leaving a ghost of some color. (Pink?  Whatever.  Maybe better to keep it simple and make it an existing color.)  A ghost that still hits on the house owner.  All very Wuthering Heights.

LOL... this would be very funny to see in the game... especially watching the spouse/partner when the ghost goes a flirting with their former flame...  Wink  Grin

"Life is not about surviving the storms but rather how to dance in the rain" ~

Luther Vandross ~ Forever, For Always, For Love ~ 2005

Genius - Flirty - Friendly - Good Sense of Humor - Great Kisser ~
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2009 August 21, 10:14:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This Wuthering Heights.  A little over the top, but that's 19th century gothic romance for you.

'May she wake in torment!' he cried, with frightful vehemence, stamping his foot, and groaning in a sudden paroxysm of ungovernable passion. 'Why, she's a liar to the end! Where is she? Not there - not in heaven - not perished - where? Oh! you said you cared nothing for my sufferings! And I pray one prayer - I repeat it till my tongue stiffens - Catherine Earnshaw, may you not rest as long as I am living; you said I killed you - haunt me, then! The murdered do haunt their murderers, I believe. I know that ghosts have wandered on earth. Be with me always - take any form - drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh, God! it is unutterable! I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!'

He dashed his head against the knotted trunk; and, lifting up his eyes, howled, not like a man, but like a savage beast being goaded to death with knives and spears...

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 2009 August 21, 13:14:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

droptrait Chosen doesn't work.
I will try to click on the sim with chosen by a family member where chosen went off when I unsacred the house.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2009 August 21, 15:58:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started a fresh Riverview and made Skip Broke sacred, but he is aging.  I want to be able to marry him off to Brandi Broke, but He'll be a senior before they even meet at the rate he's going.  Do I need to use a different code to stop him from aging (that won't affect everyone else in the hood)?
I am definately not an authority but, it would probably be easier to just keep deaging him via edit sim.  When he ages to adult-put him back to YA-that's the easiest because you don't have to give him a new waredrobe.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2009 August 21, 16:08:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started a fresh Riverview and made Skip Broke sacred, but he is aging.  I want to be able to marry him off to Brandi Broke, but He'll be a senior before they even meet at the rate he's going.  Do I need to use a different code to stop him from aging (that won't affect everyone else in the hood)?
A code actually exists for this. Type "resetage [<target>]". This isn't a documented code, but I added it awhile back and it will reset the target sim to the beginning of their age duration, useful for countering CAS stagger on a sim you wanted as freshmeat.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
stormygsa
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2009 August 21, 16:30:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A code actually exists for this. Type "resetage [<target>]". This isn't a documented code, but I added it awhile back and it will reset the target sim to the beginning of their age duration, useful for countering CAS stagger on a sim you wanted as freshmeat.

I like that!  Thanks Pescado.  Will try it out.
Eliste
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2009 August 21, 17:30:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Non-playable sims fail to be pushed to work if they happen to be holding a baby or a toddler when the push comes. Push message displays repeatedly, they go to home lot with a toddler and stand there because there is nobody else to leave it with. That is a big improvement on EAs "disappearing kids" behavior but hurts their work performance.
Could you make them to hire a babysitter?
IreneDAdler
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2009 August 21, 20:48:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh thank god, no more having to make all the townies learn Ambrosia.

Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2009 August 21, 22:46:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This Wuthering Heights.  A little over the top, but that's 19th century gothic romance for you.

'May she wake in torment!' he cried, with frightful vehemence, stamping his foot, and groaning in a sudden paroxysm of ungovernable passion. 'Why, she's a liar to the end! Where is she? Not there - not in heaven - not perished - where? Oh! you said you cared nothing for my sufferings! And I pray one prayer - I repeat it till my tongue stiffens - Catherine Earnshaw, may you not rest as long as I am living; you said I killed you - haunt me, then! The murdered do haunt their murderers, I believe. I know that ghosts have wandered on earth. Be with me always - take any form - drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh, God! it is unutterable! I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!'

He dashed his head against the knotted trunk; and, lifting up his eyes, howled, not like a man, but like a savage beast being goaded to death with knives and spears...

The classic romance novels are some of the best! It would be so funny to see our sims prostrate themselves and act like fools as ghosts trying to woo their lovers back from the grave... The ghosts in the game already have many animations to work with so it might be possible for some modder to create quite a few amusing scenarios...   Cheesy   Wink

"Life is not about surviving the storms but rather how to dance in the rain" ~

Luther Vandross ~ Forever, For Always, For Love ~ 2005

Genius - Flirty - Friendly - Good Sense of Humor - Great Kisser ~
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2009 August 22, 00:04:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want to have a laugh, just read it out loud.  Reading it silently in print barely does it justice.

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
simwit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2009 August 22, 03:44:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh-oh, when pollinating became possible with AwesomeStory, I moved two gay couples (one male, one female) into my straight ISM neighborhood and, if I'm not too stupid to read this Kinsey scale correctly, in the following sim weeks AwesomeStory has gone a little overboard. I currently have 96 residents, 30 of them are exclusively straight, and 26 are exclusively gay. That's a lot more gay sims than I bargained for. Of course, this all started with a much older version of AwesomeStory, so would I get better results with the newest version, if I decided to start a new neighborhood?

varmint
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2009 August 22, 04:43:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hrm. I've had Awesome storymode on pretty much since you could have it on, and I think i started out with more gay couples than you, and this is how it has shaken out for me, maybe a tad more than I was expecting, but damn close to what I think I was aiming for in terms of neighborhood flavor:

Are your gay sims more loaded up with romantic traits or something? Or just much better at recruiting?

The (simultaneously) creepy and wonderful thing about the gay in my neighborhood has been the fact that much of the 'playing for both teams' activity you see above is elders. If someone's hetero-spouse dies in my neighborhood, the widow/widower will grab the nearest unattached YA or adult of the same sex and start in with the lovin'. I'm gonna have to build a swinger's retirement village.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 22, 04:51:23 by varmint » Logged
simwit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2009 August 22, 05:37:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really don't know how it happened. One of the lesbians I moved in was flirty, that I do remember. She started to behave like a slut right away. Pretty soon I had two more lesbian couples, I think. But since then the gay men have taken the lead. I have no idea why. I didn't move in any more gay couples. I just played my own household, barely getting involved in the neighborhood, and noticed more and more gay or bisexual romance pop ups.

Well, I have nothing against gay people, but a "destroyallgaysims" command would come in handy now.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2009 August 22, 06:16:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't read this either. It's not part of AwesomeMod so I have no idea what the hell those values are supposed to mean.

varmint
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2009 August 22, 06:49:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a report from twallan's supercomputer. I'm not sure what exact gender preference numbers it expects to classify from 0 to 4, I just know everything gets gayer as you move down the list. It's just interesting that storymode produced such different outcomes in gay/straight balance in our two neighborhoods. I'm certainly not complaining, after ISM briefly turned my neighborhood into breeder central and forced all the gay sims to be part of the glorious reproductive effort, I'm just glad to have a story engine that generates some variety.

And simwit, it won't nuke all your gay sims, but twallan does have a little orienter mod over in the pudding factory that will let you edit sim gender preferences on the fly, so you may be able to convert some back to straightness that way.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 22, 06:55:58 by varmint » Logged
twallan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2009 August 22, 07:07:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a report from twallan's supercomputer. I'm not sure what exact gender preference numbers it expects to classify from 0 to 4, I just know everything gets gayer as you move down the list.

It's a cutdown version of the scale detailed on the "Kinsey Scale" Wikipedia page.  I removed two of the levels because I felt they were unnecessary.

Honestly speaking, the "2" level is also completely redundant and will always be zero, as there is almost no way to have a sim with exactly the same male and female gender preference due to the way the game handles the numbers.

"0" is purely straight
"1" is mostly straight with a greater than zero gay component
"3" is mostly gay with a greater than zero straight component
"4" is entirely gay

Cheers. Smiley
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2009 August 22, 08:10:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but this scale doesn't exist in the Sims. There are only 2 real values: Yes and No. Trying to complicate the matter in this way simply produces a completely unintelligible output.

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #270 on: 2009 August 22, 09:11:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado are you saying that in Sims 3, that complex system where there were two seperate values "Attracted to male" and "Attracted to female" no longer exists?   That was weird, but interesting, as you could have a highly sexed sim who wanted anything that moved, down to one who was repelled by the idea of sex with either sex.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 2009 August 22, 09:18:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, that still exists. It actually seems to be working slightly better than in TS2. But it is a purely binary quantity when operating in-game. Either a sim is, or is not. The actual numerical values are meaningless, only their negativity or non-negativity matter. It doesn't matter whether the value is 1, 1000, or OVER 9000, it's all the same.

LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2009 August 22, 09:36:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's all that twallan's Kinsey scale shows - how many sims have positive values for attraction. The vast majority will be 0 or 4 due to the +2/-1 that occurs with each interaction. I have maybe 3 sims that I have had flirt with both sexes and they have scores of either 1 or 3 as they have positive values for attraction to both sexes.
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2009 August 22, 13:21:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just played my own household, barely getting involved in the neighborhood, and noticed more and more gay or bisexual romance pop ups.
Well, I don't know how it happened either, but I do think that allowing autonomous same sex relationships without giving all Sims in the hood a gender preference first might be a very bad idea. Flirty or Single Sims are probably going to race to get all undecided Sims "convinced" either way...

Well, I have nothing against gay people, but a "destroyallgaysims" command would come in handy now.
You caused it one way or another, now take the consequences like a man! Wink
Solmyr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2009 August 22, 13:56:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The (simultaneously) creepy and wonderful thing about the gay in my neighborhood has been the fact that much of the 'playing for both teams' activity you see above is elders. If someone's hetero-spouse dies in my neighborhood, the widow/widower will grab the nearest unattached YA or adult of the same sex and start in with the lovin'. I'm gonna have to build a swinger's retirement village.

Touching on this, could AM slightly reduce the amount of elder-YA romancing that goes on? In my neighborhood the same thing happens, every single or recently widowed elder is roaming around lookin' for love, and they usually hitch up with YAs who would be better used pollinating someone their own age. At the very least romancing with female elders should take a big hit since they cannot procreate.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: