More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 13:44:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesome Story Driver Beta-Testing reports
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesome Story Driver Beta-Testing reports  (Read 225017 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Awesome Story Driver Beta-Testing reports
« Reply #225 on: 2009 August 19, 23:36:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no particular code to try to maintain singles. Do people specifically try to remain single for you in real life? No, they don't. They ignore your miserable existence and go about their business without regard for what you want. If you fail to successfully compete for a mate, then you draw the short Ta Puun stick of evolution. As even the most immature encrustling knows, there must always be one Spathi that picks the short Ta Puun stick. Now, some sims are in somewhat less of a hurry to do so, perhaps because they are less attractive as candidates, or because they don't consider it a major priority of their to-do list, but otherwise? It's up to YOU to take action. Failing that, there's always russianbrides.com.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Simulate
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2009 August 20, 02:06:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Failing that, there's always russianbrides.com.

I have tried all the options on my sims  computer - but can not find "russianbrides.com".  Smiley Wink
I can hear the thunder clouds forming.  Grin

J. M. Pescado: "Closing this one as an ID: 10T error."
simokon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2009 August 20, 02:54:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have the driver mark anyone with the Loser trait unworthy of a partner and then you will have real life.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2009 August 20, 03:49:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado didn't you mumble something a while back about inadvertently created something akin the Jeffistani find a mate crystal ball? Was this just the code ASM uses to decide who is a good match for who or is there really some object for the lazy who don't want to look for mates and want them to fall out of the sky or knock on their door?

Maybe this could be an option for Twallan's supercomputer Order a bride/groom. Wink

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2009 August 20, 03:57:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By the way, RussianBrides is HOT!1!!11  I tell you, when I get desperate enough to marry somebody by email-order, it will be them.  Aw, shit, who am I fooling?  I'm desperate enough now.  But I can browse, can't I?  And the coolest thing is they're all white!  I know, that might sound racist or shallow, but shit, all the whores on Hollywood Blvd are all Hispanic and black, so white would be a welcome change of pace.  The whole Russian Mafia boyfriend pimp kicking your ass and robbing you thing is a bit of a turnoff though.

As the traits work now, there is so much overlap that there is no point in trying to be synergistic with traits.  For instance, Flirty + Hopeless Romantic is a waste of a trait, because they both get almost all the same socials.

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2009 August 20, 04:08:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My on conception of hopeless romantics are people who wish on starts and sit at home and wait for their prince or princess to ring their doorbell and sweep them off their feet and turn their life into a perfect Hollywood storybook fairy tale.

I imagine them as not making very good mates as they'll inevitably come crashing down to reality hard when their mate belches or digs through the trash or leaves dirty dishes around. Then they will assume that they just found the wrong one and will resume wishing on stars and waiting for the one true love ®

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2009 August 20, 04:29:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have the driver mark anyone with the Loser trait unworthy of a partner and then you will have real life.

Most of the losers I've met in my life - and as I live in Vegas, I have met many - are partnered. Losers should be partnered with Hopeless Romantics (so the HR can spend all his/her time trying to "fix" the Loser), Unlucky or other Losers. Now THAT would emulate life.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2009 August 20, 05:53:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I think I know what is causing the random affairs. Apparently, these are sims the sim previously hooked up with in the past and are now tagged as "romantic", allowing this to continue. I will add a sweep loop to clean up past-relationships in a manner similar to old TS2 drop-old-loves in Story Mode to discourage it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Blurpinstein
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2009 August 20, 06:21:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you considered modifying the moodlets in story mode. I don't know if this is possible, but I always find it annoying that sims don't seem to give a shit if their whole family dies, unless they witness it. I haven't seen any other mods (on various modding sites) that modify the moodlets and it puzzles me, because everything else seems to be able to be modified and I see moodlets as one of the most important things in the game, because mood modifies how people react.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2009 August 20, 06:51:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd consider it, except I really don't care to listen to their whiny and pathetic snivelling, so meh.

ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: 2009 August 20, 07:49:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I have a Russian husband at home, which has worked out very well -  I can recommend them Tongue I did find him IRL on location in Moscow though, before the internets era. Cheesy
In sims, I have nothing against the unmarried YA/A:s romancing, but its a bit much when the married sims, just after having a baby, go straight to the graveyard (hot romance spot!!) to meet up with old lovers.. so I think some cleaning out of the old loves would be a good idea.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2009 August 20, 07:53:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not a question of whether it's a good idea or not, I'm saying that this is what is causing it and that is what I have done to fix it, which will be in the next version. Tongue

NameGame
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2009 August 20, 08:21:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I agree.  They typically are "grand gesture" types; and I would think, loyal & steadfast, as opposed to this running around.  The main female in the family I actually play also has the Hopeless Romantic trait, but she doesn't run around meeting others in the rabbit holes.  Rather she invests in her marriage.

The drama that Doc Doofus has suggested would provide entertainment and added gameplay options.

If I were awesome, which I'm not, I'd make a stalker hidden trait. Hopeless Romantics, Insane, and Inappropriate Sims would have a random chance of tagging a sim they interact with as the target of their stalking. They then follow that sim around and attempt socials (Hopeless Romantics = romantic socials, Insane = friendly/mean socials, Inappropriate = any). If the focus of the stalk is below best friend level, they would get the creeped out moodlet.
Solmyr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2009 August 20, 10:50:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't seem to have excessive marrying in my game - in fact there are tons of singles in my neighborhood right now who could have hooked up but don't seem to want to.

One funny thing though, my original sim's daughter married a Landgraab son who is flirty. Whenever I leave him on his own for a moment he goes to flirt with his mother-in-law. Roll Eyes

As for family members dying, my sims generally do the cheering animation right after the death sequence plays out, so I assume they don't really care about the deceased buggers. Grin

EDIT: I also have a question. If I make a household sim a non-selectable NPC via EA debug command, will it start using AM story mode like a non-household sim?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2009 August 20, 10:56:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The active household is never affected by Story Mode, so you would have to kick them out of the house in some way. The Special Service NPCs household is also permanently unaffected by Story Mode, just like with EAxis, as they are essentially a special container for special sims, and not a real fambly.

Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2009 August 20, 13:47:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My on conception of hopeless romantics are people who wish on starts and sit at home and wait for their prince or princess to ring their doorbell and sweep them off their feet and turn their life into a perfect Hollywood storybook fairy tale.

I imagine them as not making very good mates as they'll inevitably come crashing down to reality hard when their mate belches or digs through the trash or leaves dirty dishes around. Then they will assume that they just found the wrong one and will resume wishing on stars and waiting for the one true love ®
Story of my life.
When I make a household not sacred, they keep the chosen trait, and when they move too. Does it do anything, should I drop it?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2009 August 20, 13:54:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I make a household not sacred, they keep the chosen trait, and when they move too. Does it do anything, should I drop it?
You're certain they keep it, and it's not just a simology panel caching lag? Because the presence of the Chosen trait is what MAKES them sacred. And yes, they keep it when they move, unless you kick them to an NPC house.

Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2009 August 20, 16:10:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Their house is not sacred anymore, but most of them keep Chosen, and you can't drop it. And of the few that did not, I noticed some strange new traits in its place, that I had to change.
When I cick on the sim with different combinations, I can't find the make sacred I used to.
And I had a sim die in my absence, and his inventory disappeared. Nothing is in his wife's, I lost the moodlet modifier.

Edit: tried again, control doesn't do more than simple click, same for alt. or ctrl/alt. ctrl/shift= nuke.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 20, 17:17:02 by Indiasong » Logged
Jens
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2009 August 20, 16:57:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't seem to have excessive marrying in my game - in fact there are tons of singles in my neighborhood right now who could have hooked up but don't seem to want to.

I've just completed another 4 week wolfrun because I was getting very few marriages despite having lots of singles romancing. Of the marriages occurring during this time at least 1 of the couple had flirty, hopeless romantic or family orientated traits except in 2 cases. In these 2 cases the only common trait I could find was unflirty.
simwit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2009 August 20, 21:29:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And now for something completely unexpected. I moved Agnes Crumplebottom into my neighborhood, wondering if AwesomeStory would find her a suitable husband.

I guess not, lol, Agnes just married the town slut, Becky Baker.  Shocked

Thanks to AllowOverstuffedHouses AwesomeStory gave me a household of nine also. I never counted on that either.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: 2009 August 20, 21:31:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep getting popups like "FindHome moving Dawn into" and "Dawn couldn't create FindHome"

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
stormygsa
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2009 August 20, 22:21:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started a fresh Riverview and made Skip Broke sacred, but he is aging.  I want to be able to marry him off to Brandi Broke, but He'll be a senior before they even meet at the rate he's going.  Do I need to use a different code to stop him from aging (that won't affect everyone else in the hood)?
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2009 August 20, 22:40:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Their house is not sacred anymore, but most of them keep Chosen, and you can't drop it. And of the few that did not, I noticed some strange new traits in its place, that I had to change.
When I cick on the sim with different combinations, I can't find the make sacred I used to.
And I had a sim die in my absence, and his inventory disappeared. Nothing is in his wife's, I lost the moodlet modifier.

Edit: tried again, control doesn't do more than simple click, same for alt. or ctrl/alt. ctrl/shift= nuke.

I cannot make anyone who I have active control over sacred by clicking on them, either. I have to do it through neighborhood view or with the console command. I can click on other people and make them sacred, though, so if I'm controlling a family there's a work-around.

Does droptrait <Sacred> work to remove the sacred trait? I haven't tried to remove it from anyone so I haven't seen the problem where the trait remains, I was just curious if that would work.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2009 August 21, 00:16:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can droptrait it individually, but it's easier to use the clicky menu.

Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2009 August 21, 05:39:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the focus of the stalk is below best friend level, they would get the creeped out moodlet.

I like that idea, too, a "Creeped-Out" moodlet.

And another idea: Hopeless Romantics should die of a Broken Heart.  After X number of rebuffs from an ex-lover, they drop dead on his/her porch leaving a ghost of some color. (Pink?  Whatever.  Maybe better to keep it simple and make it an existing color.)  A ghost that still hits on the house owner.  All very Wuthering Heights.

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: