More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 17:54:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesome Story Driver Beta-Testing reports
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesome Story Driver Beta-Testing reports  (Read 225867 times)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Awesome Story Driver Beta-Testing reports
« Reply #200 on: 2009 August 18, 04:59:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to enable it in the config. Also if you want to see the messages then you need to enable to debug story mode popups too.

Alternately you can go into the console and type in:

setconfig UseAwesomeStoryDriver true

and

setconfig InformOnStoryAction true

But you will have to do that EVERY time so it is better to just set them in the config.

Also, if you want to check and make sure the Awesome Story Mode is on type showconfig.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2009 August 18, 05:59:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But a while ago I downloaded a Michael Jackson sim at MTS. He doesn't look like any other sim in the neighborhood. He has two kids, a boy who is a clone of him, and a girl who is a clone of her mother.

Echhhhh....  *shudder*.  Man, that was like running a popsicle stick over a sensitive tooth.

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2009 August 18, 06:19:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Firstly, although the vast majority of married sims initiating romances had either the flirty trait or committment issues, I saw at least 1 with hopeless romantic trait doing this. I've read previously this isn't supposed to happen but I'm not sure if a fix has been attempted yet. Secondly, the only singles initiating romances have either flirty, family oriented or hopeless romantic traits. I realise traits should affect romances and I wouldn't like to see married sims without flirty or committment issues having affairs but I would like to see singles with a much wider range of traits initiating romances.
Should be fixed now.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Solmyr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2009 August 18, 12:13:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like for married sims whose traits are completely opposite of each other to have some chance of divorcing. Also would like to see teens romancing as well, so they can get some boy/girlfriends for the future.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2009 August 18, 12:18:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like for married sims whose traits are completely opposite of each other to have some chance of divorcing.
Exists already. Sims with incompatible traits can lose rel in a romance event instead of gaining it. If they lose enough, the relationship collapses.

Also would like to see teens romancing as well, so they can get some boy/girlfriends for the future.
This falls under the category of "actions that would serve no purpose", because 12s cannot make any real progress that will not be dissolved when one of them becomes 18. Therefore, we have opted to simply abandon them to the vagaries of autosocialization in the field. AwesomeStory is not concerned with simulating events that are completely inconsequential, since this simply wastes processing time without generating any results that would produce progress. Remember: Story PROGRESSION. Not story-churning-wheels-in-mud.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: 2009 August 18, 13:13:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like for married sims whose traits are completely opposite of each other to have some chance of divorcing.
Exists already. Sims with incompatible traits can lose rel in a romance event instead of gaining it. If they lose enough, the relationship collapses.

Yes, that way is better.  I wouldn't want them to be arbitrarily split up just because they have incompatibilites.  Mature people can make a marriage work in spite of incompatibilities.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2009 August 18, 13:43:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, maturity involves accepting responsibility for your mistakes, so you suffer in stoic silence for the benefit of the kids you unwisely spawned. Of course, it would have been more mature not to impulsively jump into things in the first place.

Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2009 August 18, 18:13:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pes - Everything seems to be working very well with the latest update.  I have not noticed the Hopeless Romantic Sims hooking up in rabbit holes with illicit love interests, so at this point I believe you've successfully stomped that out.  Any more testing of new features going in #grah?

Edit:  Spoke too soon, I'm afraid.  Went back into game after posting and the Sim in question, Brad Parrish, had two more assignations with Agnes Crumplebottom.  The only trait that could cause this in him is Hopeless Romantic.  Again, he is married to Blair (nee Wainright).  They had a child together, in addition to the two daughters he had from an unknown previous relationship.  His wife is expecting again.

Let me know if you want a save file.

Also, the game hung on entering CAS via mirror and had to end via Task Manager.  Have since used the console commands (Mirror, Dresser) and haven't had a problem with those.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 18, 20:43:20 by coconnor » Logged

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2009 August 18, 23:22:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sure, pass the save file.

Naples
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2009 August 18, 23:38:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All of my YA's are floozies, and when they finally do hook up (marry) they continue their flirting with their previous romantic interests. I did check to see if there were a bunch of sims given the flirty trait by chance, but not one of them has it, but about 1/4 of them are hopeless romantics the rest are random traits.

How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg. Abraham Lincoln
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2009 August 19, 00:30:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sure, pass the save file.

How do I send it to you?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2009 August 19, 00:43:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can transfer it to my FTP, or in grah.

Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2009 August 19, 02:51:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can transfer it to my FTP, or in grah.

In case you missed it in #Grah, here is the link to the hair (Miss Mean) which was converted by Krisan Thyme.  

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,16079.msg472092.html#msg472092

Also, his links to the file:

http://www.mediafire.com/?4mznzdtkf3t
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WQMOV0YI
« Last Edit: 2009 August 19, 04:28:37 by coconnor » Logged

chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2009 August 19, 03:47:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

coconnor, I don't think that link leads to where you think it does.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2009 August 19, 04:24:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

coconnor, I don't think that link leads to where you think it does.

Thanks, chaos!

Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2009 August 19, 04:43:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I think Hopeless Romantics should be stalkers.  They should fixate on one romance or especially an ex-romance to the exclusion of all else, even to the point of showing up on their doorsteps at 3am in nighties, leaving teddy bears on their beloveds doorstep, calling them up all the time.  And they should have some special actions like, "Why did you REALLY dump me?"  And "I know you still love me, you just won't admit it!" And "I'm going to kill myself with rat poison and haunt you forever."

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2009 August 19, 04:57:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, that would be soooooooo awesome. Hopeless romantics strike me as being the "grand gesture" types.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2009 August 19, 06:03:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I agree.  They typically are "grand gesture" types; and I would think, loyal & steadfast, as opposed to this running around.  The main female in the family I actually play also has the Hopeless Romantic trait, but she doesn't run around meeting others in the rabbit holes.  Rather she invests in her marriage.

The drama that Doc Doofus has suggested would provide entertainment and added gameplay options.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2009 August 19, 07:02:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally I thought it would be more interesting if some behaviors were combinational behaviors that only resulted when two or more traits simultaneously interacted. Right now, the game has only one-trait behaviors, which makes the trait system almost as limited as the old Personality Bars, except with AwesomeMod you can take an arbitrary number instead of 5.

Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2009 August 19, 07:27:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally I thought it would be more interesting if some behaviors were combinational behaviors that only resulted when two or more traits simultaneously interacted. Right now, the game has only one-trait behaviors, which makes the trait system almost as limited as the old Personality Bars, except with AwesomeMod you can take an arbitrary number instead of 5.

I would LOVE to see this implemented !  Cool

And Doc... so many of your scenarios are absolutely hilarious and would be great to see in-game !   Grin

"Life is not about surviving the storms but rather how to dance in the rain" ~

Luther Vandross ~ Forever, For Always, For Love ~ 2005

Genius - Flirty - Friendly - Good Sense of Humor - Great Kisser ~
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2009 August 19, 08:01:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be even more interesting, true.  There would probably be many combinations, as well as variable outcomes.  The game can get boring and tedious after awhile, so anything to give it more twists and interest are great.  By the time you've finished with AwesomeMod, it will be like you've truly rebuilt the entire game, adding many features we were hoping for out of the box and more as we go along.  Truly wouldn't want to play without it.

simokon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2009 August 19, 19:49:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tried out the story driver for the first time last night and sent a single female out on the prowl to find a spouse.  Had a heck of a time trying to find an 18+ male that stayed single long enough to woo - the driver seemed intent on marrying them all off ASAP.  Is the driver making any effort to maintain a population of singles?  Am I doing this rong?

(Contemplating befriending a teenager, inviting him over to age him up, then put the moves on him before the driver can get a hold of him...)
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2009 August 19, 20:21:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any chance in changing the Awesome Story marriage dialog so that it shows the maiden name of the sim who got married.  It currently tells me the new married name which can make it difficult to identify the sim that had their name changed.

Tried out the story driver for the first time last night and sent a single female out on the prowl to find a spouse.  Had a heck of a time trying to find an 18+ male that stayed single long enough to woo - the driver seemed intent on marrying them all off ASAP.  Is the driver making any effort to maintain a population of singles?  Am I doing this rong?

(Contemplating befriending a teenager, inviting him over to age him up, then put the moves on him before the driver can get a hold of him...)

Control click on the sim you want and 'make sacred', this will stop the sim being included in the Awesome Story mode.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2009 August 19, 20:44:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think there are still some bugs with sims who shouldn't be cheating on their spouses still cheating:

Here we see proof that Leighton is in fact married:

Here we see his traits.  Note that he is neither flirty nor Commitment Issues:

eta:  I do in fact have the very latest version of awesomemod available as I just checked.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
simokon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2009 August 19, 20:49:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Control click on the sim you want and 'make sacred', this will stop the sim being included in the Awesome Story mode.

Ah, thanks.  Guess I ain't an Asinine Airhead for nothing.  I'll try that next time I find a single.

Still curious if the driver is maintaining a singles population though.  At the rate that sims were marrying off in the time I tried it, I fear that breaking up marriages and trolling 12s will soon be the only mate-finding options.  I think my 'hood has too many females, which may be making it worse.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: