More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:48:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesome Story Driver Beta-Testing reports
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesome Story Driver Beta-Testing reports  (Read 224922 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Awesome Story Driver Beta-Testing reports
« Reply #175 on: 2009 August 15, 13:21:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"fixromances" removes all "MarriagePostMortem" links.  Is it intended effect?
No. Send a saved-game with this condition for further analysis.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Eliste
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2009 August 15, 14:24:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is one of the townies reported to have bad links. His spouse has recently died. The save is made before "fixromances" was used after her death but I used it before her death and other townies were reported then.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2009 August 15, 14:51:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should be fixed now.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Eliste
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2009 August 15, 15:59:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is what happened the next day after broken links were removed (before you fixed it). He-he.

Marriage PostMortem indeed  Grin

I'll try fixed version now.
carpediem
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2009 August 15, 16:33:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am sorry, I read this topic since first, but, can somebody tell me exactly what the awesome story driver will change in my game ?
you speak a lot off about cribs, I have a hack witch allow sims make baby by themselves, even they haven't a crib.
I will thanck you to explain me the interest off this new story driver .
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2009 August 15, 16:54:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't understand why people are so confused about this. It does the same thing the EA Story Mode does more or less or Indie Stone. It just does it with more logic based rules instead of completely random (ie ISM assigns a sim a random job while ASM has them go get one based on their lifetime want etc).

And what is this no crib hack business? Are there hacks for hacks now? If such a thing does really exist though I want it. Tongue

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
carpediem
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2009 August 15, 18:15:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thank you to explain me,
but my english is to bad to explain
Are there hacks for hacks now? If such a thing does really exist though I want it.

Just, when I play in a house, like ACR for sims 2, my sims can make whoohoo by themselves, or choose to "make a baby " .

But in fact it's perhaps a bad thing, since I read Pescado say that we could have many babies , and too many people in the neightborough ..(I never note if this hack is also for non playable sims ), since I was also playing with indiemod .

I am sorry, but thanck you again, I will try it next time i will play ! Wink
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2009 August 15, 18:19:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ISM assigns a sim a random job while ASM has them go get one based on their lifetime want
ISM was supposed to assign jobs based on traits, not at random.  However, the huge flaw with that system was assigning my sim who had the want to max the Cooking Career to Science because she was a Genius and my sim who wanted to max Medical to Millitary because she was Brave.  ASM is far supperior.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2009 August 15, 18:36:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The crib thing is for sims you're not playing. Autonomous woohoo is usually for sims you are playing.

INFP or something
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2009 August 15, 18:39:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ISM was supposed to assign jobs based on traits, not at random.  However, the huge flaw with that system was assigning my sim who had the want to max the Cooking Career to Science because she was a Genius and my sim who wanted to max Medical to Millitary because she was Brave.  ASM is far supperior.

Ah okay, I didn't know that. I would notice things like a sim getting fired from his job and then joining a different one and neither was the career he actually wanted for his LTW so it just seemed random to me.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Eliste
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2009 August 15, 19:11:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is what happened the next day after broken links were removed (before you fixed it). He-he.

Marriage PostMortem indeed  Grin

I'll try fixed version now.
Right.
The previous version in which the screenshot was made and "bad" links removed by fixromances was actually really fixing things. Because I never used to get those marriage links after death and this appeared only after they remarried after death and fixromances.
You did fix the removal of postmortem marriage info. Message now says that nothing wrong was found. But as I understand now, it never worked correctly in the first place. I specifically tested now that it applies to both AS driver townie marriages and player sims made in CAS and married in game: after death siblings have broken links in family tree and spouses do not show their dead half at all.

Tested in the same game I sent you with the awesomemod redownloaded today after your post.
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2009 August 15, 19:50:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AM 8-14-09 version, 1:50am. Two neighborhood families have been playing musical houses. It goes like this:

Wednesday 2PM
    Romance: Ly family moves to Peep's Peek for spawning
    Find Home: Tinsley family moved to Large Family Home

Wed. 11PM
    Romance: Tinsley moves to Peep's Peak
    Find Home: Ly moves to <blank>

Thurs. 2:53AM
    Romance: Ly moves to Peep's Peak
    Find Home: Tinsley moves to Large Family Home

Thurs. 11:01AM
    Find Home: Ly moves to Modernhaus

Thurs. 3:26pm
    Romance: Ly moves to Peep's Peakl

Thurs. 11:20PM
    Find Home: Ly moves to Stalwart Mission

Friday 5:05AM
    Romance: Ly moves to Peep's Peak

I stopped keeping track after that since it was getting exhausting. Except for the Ly family trying a few new houses, they're mostly battling it out between Peep's Peak and Large Family Home. It's like Romance actions and Find Home actions are sort of cancelling each other out.

After a few Sim days I also noticed that my Sims were not aging. I clicked on the cell phone and got a message that 'Indie Stone data now loaded' or something to that effect. So then I checked the IS options and Stasis was enabled. I disabled it and exited the game and when I checked my aweconfig file, here's what I had enabled:

<Current_Tuning>
    <UseIndieStoneDriver value="False">
       <!--ISM: Check for IndieStoneMod Driver. The next section will be ignored if enabled and ISM is installed.-->
    </UseIndieStoneDriver>
    <UseAwesomeStoryDriver value="True">
       <!--EXPERIMENTAL: Uses AwesomeMod's own storydriver: The next section will be ignored if enabled.-->
    </UseAwesomeStoryDriver>

ETA: Downloaded and installed 8-15 7:31 version of AM, took out the IndieStoneMod, and restarted the game; no more Indie messages or functionality occurred. Ly and Tinsley families were still fighting over Peep's Peak, though. I know you said to give it time and they would work this stuff out, but does this just keep going on day after day until one of them finally cries "uncle!"?   Tongue
« Last Edit: 2009 August 16, 11:03:02 by Tangie » Logged
Figwit
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2009 August 16, 12:13:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am sadly getting the odd freeze.  It happens usually after hours of gameplay and nothing obvious seems to trigger it.  I also get a random crash to desktop.  This is really rare but once again, nothing seems to trigger it and no error message. The screen just goes black and then the desktop pops up again but TS3 has closed itself down.

One more thing I noticed, sims seem to reset themselves when they are picnicking at the tables at the park.  I don't know if they always did this because I rarely take much notice but I did tonight.  It seems if a group is at the table and one wants to leave they all suddenly jump away from the table.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2009 August 17, 06:25:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The picnic table jump has been around since the unpatched base game. The freezing and crashing after a long playing session is probably from the memory leak that has also been present from the beginning.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
mutchka
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2009 August 17, 06:58:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not entirely sure if this is due to ASM but around the time I started using the driver, most of my sims have been having offspring that more or less are clones of one of the parents (regardless of gender) except for their skin tone, eye color, and hair color.  So basically, there has been practically no variation in facial structure of new sims, except a few who are somewhat a more realistic combination of both parents (i.e. a clone of dad but with mom's lips only.)  I know this sort of thing can occur to an extent in reality, but as it's on such a scale it's getting a little too much.  I'm pretty sure that in the past there had been more mixing going on in my game, as playing around and following genetic lineages are half of the game for me :p  I just wish I could remember where I started noticing this, but it took a while for my sims to age and now I've forgotten.

Also, any new NPCs and townies generated all have the same default faces, though they also have the weight/skin/eye/hair differences.  This I noticed started when I began using IM to repopulate my dead towns, but I've since removed the package and now use ASM on my new hood, and now all new sims are having this problem. 

Really loving the features of ASM though!  I'd rather live with this than have to play vanilla, but I'm hoping someone else has this problem or knows what to do about it. 
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2009 August 17, 08:35:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<snip>
Really loving the features of ASM though!  I'd rather live with this than have to play vanilla, but I'm hoping someone else has this problem or knows what to do about it. 

This is EAxian in nature - poor genetic mixing. I'm on the 5th generation of one family. I've married in handymen, maids, firemen, townies and more. Every single female looks the same, just with different hair colors. I have some more variation in the males. I have a portrait of each person and I have to do the "view" action to tell who it is because they all look so alike.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2009 August 17, 08:42:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA: Downloaded and installed 8-15 7:31 version of AM, took out the IndieStoneMod, and restarted the game; no more Indie messages or functionality occurred. Ly and Tinsley families were still fighting over Peep's Peak, though. I know you said to give it time and they would work this stuff out, but does this just keep going on day after day until one of them finally cries "uncle!"?   Tongue
What's so interesting about Peep's Peak, anyway? Is that the ONLY house in the game with a crib or somethng?

Figwit
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2009 August 17, 11:01:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am using the 16.08.09 9.02pm version.  My families are all failing at school and work.  The first day the school bus didn't turn up.  The second day only the kids from the family I was controlling went to school.  I haven't got to the third day yet Smiley
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2009 August 17, 11:33:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The school/work thing REALLY isn't a part of the Story Driver. This is an endemic EAxian problem.

Jens
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2009 August 17, 15:53:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a long time lurker and user of Awesomeware but never previously had a reason to post.

I've just completed a 8 sim week wolfrun using the latest ASM build on a pre existing neighbourhood. There was a couple of things I noticed concerning romances.

Firstly, although the vast majority of married sims initiating romances had either the flirty trait or committment issues, I saw at least 1 with hopeless romantic trait doing this. I've read previously this isn't supposed to happen but I'm not sure if a fix has been attempted yet. Secondly, the only singles initiating romances have either flirty, family oriented or hopeless romantic traits. I realise traits should affect romances and I wouldn't like to see married sims without flirty or committment issues having affairs but I would like to see singles with a much wider range of traits initiating romances. The way it is at present means only a very small number of sims will marry and breed therefore leading to a population decline and a rapidly decreasing gene pool without player intervention.

On another note, I know the freezing issue has been mentioned a few times and Pescado said he doesn't want to hear about it if it can't be reproduced. Since starting to use ASM on a few occasions I've experienced a freeze where everything stops except the plumbbob keeps moving and birds fly over the lot which can only be shut down using task manager. During this wolfrun, this occurred roughly every 9 sim days it was random and couldn't be reproduced when the save was reloaded. If I don't have ASM enabled and use EA story mode or ISM with AM instead, this never happens so seems to be in some way connected to ASM. Sorry I can't be more specific but thought I would mention anyway please ignore if unhelpful.

Thankyou for a great mod and a story mode with alot of potential.

« Last Edit: 2009 August 17, 16:17:27 by Jens » Logged
LauraW
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2009 August 17, 16:29:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same freeze. Oddly, if I went out of the game and moved something in my hacks folder out of the folder, the game unfroze when I went back in. I could then put it back in. It makes no sense, but it worked every time. I actually wonder if its simply the alt-esc and going in and out of the game that works.
mutchka
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2009 August 17, 19:58:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<snip>

This is EAxian in nature - poor genetic mixing. I'm on the 5th generation of one family. I've married in handymen, maids, firemen, townies and more. Every single female looks the same, just with different hair colors. I have some more variation in the males. I have a portrait of each person and I have to do the "view" action to tell who it is because they all look so alike.

Well shoot, I just did some searching on the official BBS and discovered that there are plenty of people complaining of the same problem as me.  I just assumed it had to do something with my own actions (as in installing mods) since my game wasn't always like this.  I have a suspicion that this actually started around the patch release, since it fits into the range that the first sims I noticed this happening to were born in.  I wonder if there is anything to be done about this other than waiting for EA to screw up the game in little ways some more.  Though, for me, this is no longer little.  I need genetic mixing if I'm going to play this game  Embarrassed  It's that or I'll be playing my newest 4th gen sim, who when turned female through CAS is an exact replica of his mother, grandmother, and great grandmother, only with lighter hair and blue eyes.
simwit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2009 August 17, 20:36:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here, but handymen, maids, firemen, etc. are all clones of each other already, so they're only going to make the problem worse. But a while ago I downloaded a Michael Jackson sim at MTS. He doesn't look like any other sim in the neighborhood. He has two kids, a boy who is a clone of him, and a girl who is a clone of her mother. Typical TS3 genetics.

I have a suspicion that this actually started around the patch release, since it fits into the range that the first sims I noticed this happening to were born in.

It already happened right after the game was released. I played Jamie Jolina then (no mods) and her daughter was a clone of her, and so was her granddaughter.

Back in 1980 Alice Cooper already wrote the soundtrack for The Sims 3.  Grin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abYhYuYp2Is
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2009 August 17, 20:43:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA: Downloaded and installed 8-15 7:31 version of AM, took out the IndieStoneMod, and restarted the game; no more Indie messages or functionality occurred. Ly and Tinsley families were still fighting over Peep's Peak, though. I know you said to give it time and they would work this stuff out, but does this just keep going on day after day until one of them finally cries "uncle!"?   Tongue
What's so interesting about Peep's Peak, anyway? Is that the ONLY house in the game with a crib or somethng?

This is a brand new neighborhood and for the first time ever I used the destroyallhumans command. After that I went around to most of the houses in town and nosed around (this provided an interesting opportunity to see the homes up close but I don't think I would want to do it every time I started a neigborhood!) and put cribs in at least a dozen houses. I never actually counted them but there's definitely more than one house with a crib. It might be one of the largest homes with a crib, though. Maybe I should REMOVE the crib in that house!

The Romance actions seem to be making each family move into Peep's Peak. The Move In actions are alternately sending one of these two families into the "Large Family Home". The Large Family Home is actually one of the "apartment" style homes near town that I remodeled/renamed to be more family friendly since most of the homes are way too small, but maybe there's a good game design reason for that. Tongue

I tend to just play one family at a time so I don't switch around a whole lot but when I start up the game again I'll try to take a look to see if I can get any more in-game information if you think that would help. As of yesterday evening the two families were still moving about 3 times per day, alternating between Romance and Find Home story actions.

ETA: The Tinley's were a family of 7: parents, 2 teens, 2 kids, 1 toddler. The Ly's were a family of 5; parents, 1 teen, 2 kids, 1 toddler. The Find Home actions were putting both families into a 4 BR 2 Bath home with 2 twin beds, 3 full beds, and 1 crib. The Romance actions were putting them in Peek's Peak which had 1 double bed, 3 twin beds, and get this: TWO CRIBS. I deleted one of the cribs and thereafter recieved no additional story action messages with the two families swapping houses 3 times a day. I'll try to play some more tomorrow to makes sure they've really stopped, but at this point it appears that both wanted to be in Peek's Peak for Romance actions so they could spawn again and needed the two cribs so that their toddlers also had a bed.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 18, 03:12:38 by Tangie » Logged
Blurpinstein
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2009 August 18, 04:15:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I enabled awesome story mode but I can't see any results. None of my sims seem to be doing anything except satisfying needs and talking to people they run into. Every time I check the paper, their are no indications of progression, aside from EA's stupid jokes. I thought that perhaps I had to also turn it on in the options menu (as it was unchecked) but after I enabled it I could tell it was EA's old story progression (i.e. sims becoming intimate partners with strangers when I stop playing them for a few hours, handouts, etc). Is there something else I have to enable for it to work? My awesome mod version is from 2009 August 14, 15:07:46 but my config file was downloaded before that date.
BTW I love what you've done. Thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: