More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:06:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesome Story Driver Beta-Testing reports
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesome Story Driver Beta-Testing reports  (Read 224908 times)
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
Re: Awesome Story Driver Beta-Testing reports
« Reply #150 on: 2009 August 13, 21:42:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gunther immediately paired up with one of the gay guys and moved in with him.
Old Gunther is one of the easiest Sims to "turn."  He's got a hot little number with him right now but you have to watch him because he wants to flirt with the ghost of Simon Crumplebottom when his main squeeze is sleeping.

I have just started playing with the story mode on and using the AS driver.  I have found some unusual hookups and shock regarding genders in my game.  I am setting up a new hood and have not made anyone "gay" or straight.  I went through the hood using the save game editor and made sure everyone's gender preferences were set to 0, both male and female.    Now I HAVE removed all females from the game except the ones the game will now generate but I'll keep those in the game.  I've removed all previous spouses which is why I reset everyone's gender preference to 0.  While I've been working on lots building and furnishing, I've noticed a couple that has really shocked me.  Dave Ramsey and Christopher Steel hooked up and I was surprised because they had a kiss moodlet and romance heart by their relationship after they had gone to tour the science lab.  I went into the save game editor and saw their gender preferences were 1005 for males and -1005 for females, this is game generated.  That is quite a spread.  I was really surprised at that kind of a spread, usually you'll find straight couples with a preference in favor of 5 - 9 maybe and a dislike at -2 - -5 but 1005 to -1005 was a real surprise.  I don't even edit a gender preference that low for dislike, I might change a preference but I always leave the other number at 0 and let the game adjust it, I find it odd the game adjusted this couple with such high numbers—neither one has the flirty trait but I do need to check and see if one of them has hopeless romantic.  Hell, what happened in that rabbit hole anyway?   Grin

Solmyr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2009 August 14, 00:06:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What exactly determines whether someone is going to be gay/lesbian/bi? So far I have not seen anything like that in default Sunset Valley. Interestingly enough, Gobias Koffi who is "strongly hinted at" being gay always happily marries and produces tons of kids in my games.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2009 August 14, 01:24:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dave Ramsey and Christopher Steel hooked up and I was surprised because they had a kiss moodlet and romance heart by their relationship after they had gone to tour the science lab.
That's funny, because one of the townies, Molly French, actually married Christopher Steele in my game (when I wasn't looking), they produced a larvae, and she is the one running around town "hooking up" in the rabbit holes with everyone else.  Perhaps she is annoyed that he really prefers men and is getting even!  Ha-ha!

What exactly determines whether someone is going to be gay/lesbian/bi? So far I have not seen anything like that in default Sunset Valley. Interestingly enough, Gobias Koffi who is "strongly hinted at" being gay always happily marries and produces tons of kids in my games.
Gobias Koffi married another female townie in my game, and they also produced a larvae. Then I caught him running off to meet another woman in City Hall.  However, his female counterpart does the same thing.  He also has the childish trait, and was running out into the yard to go on the swings.  When I prevented him from doing that, he went to the larvae's room and played with the toy boat from her toy box.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2009 August 14, 01:29:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He was committed, he is married to Blair Wainright.  In fact, they just moved to another house for "breeding room".
Then something weird is going on. I will take a look. In the meantime, you can try running "fixromances" to see if it can pick up any bad links.

Basically, the odds of it happening are the same as the present percentage of it in the game, if not set, or the same internal markers apparently used in TS2. Despite the strong hints in the bio, Gobias Koffi doesn't actually have any attributes set and could therefore go either way.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2009 August 14, 06:00:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He was committed, he is married to Blair Wainright.  In fact, they just moved to another house for "breeding room".
Then something weird is going on. I will take a look. In the meantime, you can try running "fixromances" to see if it can pick up any bad links.

Tried "fixromances".  The report is that "nothing wrong was found".  I personally don't really care, but just wanted you to know in case you don't want this happening and wish to "stomp" it.  It looks like it could be tied in somehow with "Hopeless Romantic".  Let me know if you want a copy of the particular save.   You most likely don't need it though.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2009 August 14, 06:25:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Basically, the odds of it happening are the same as the present percentage of it in the game, if not set, or the same internal markers apparently used in TS2. Despite the strong hints in the bio, Gobias Koffi doesn't actually have any attributes set and could therefore go either way.

I haven't really looked extensively at the pre-created sims in the neighborhood, but I believe newly rolls sims and those born in the game start out at neutral gender preference.

The thing is though I have tried all 3 available story mode drivers (EA, ISM, ASM) and with sims at neutral gender preference the story mode will 100% of the time push them into engaging in romantic behavior with sims of the opposite gender.

I have never had any story mode driver push a sim into romantic behavior with a sim of the same gender unless I have previously directly intervened to swing that sim in that direction.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 14, 06:57:25 by Motoki » Logged

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2009 August 14, 06:47:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing is though I have tried all 3 available story mode drivers (EA, ISM, ASM) and with sims at neutral gender preference the story mode will 100% of the time push them into engaging in romantic behavior with sims of the opposite gender.

The thing is though I have tried all 3 available story mode drivers (EA, ISM, ASM) and with sims at neutral I have never had any story mode driver push a sim into romantic behavior with a sim of the same gender unless I have previously directly intervened to swing that sim in that direction.
That's how the basic game is designed to function, yes. I didn't really see a good reason to change that, nor did I want to invent another new system people would complain about, so I just ran with what was already there.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2009 August 14, 07:01:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh, it's a CYA don't ask don't tell-ist policy on EA's part so as to not have to deal with the issue and people flipping out over it, no doubt.

Personally, I'd like the option to set the percentage of which way they will go if at neutral in the config, but I'm not going to hold my breath for it. Tongue

Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2009 August 14, 07:05:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing is though I have tried all 3 available story mode drivers (EA, ISM, ASM) and with sims at neutral I have never had any story mode driver push a sim into romantic behavior with a sim of the same gender unless I have previously directly intervened to swing that sim in that direction.
That's how the basic game is designed to function, yes. I didn't really see a good reason to change that, nor did I want to invent another new system people would complain about, so I just ran with what was already there.
So why is it that I am seeing "Romance" events firing btwn two women quite often in my games ever since I started using ASM?  I have never, ever directed any sims in these saves (or any of my saves for that matter) to do any same sex romantic actions.  Not that I have a problem with these parings showing up.  Just that what I am seeing in my game does not seem to match up with what you are saying here.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Figwit
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2009 August 14, 09:08:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using the latest AM (13 ‎August ‎2009, ‏‎11:52:52 PM) and my sims are just standing around like they have no free will.  They make small movements but cannot fulfil any orders.  I visited several houses and it is the same thing.  I tried switching off storymode progression but it didn't make any difference.  I popped in the AM from yesterday and all is well again.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2009 August 14, 09:11:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using the latest AM (13 ‎August ‎2009, ‏‎11:52:52 PM) and my sims are just standing around like they have no free will.  They make small movements but cannot fulfil any orders.  I visited several houses and it is the same thing.  I tried switching off storymode progression but it didn't make any difference.  I popped in the AM from yesterday and all is well again.

That's the wrong file.  It's not the latest update.  There were problems with the download links.  Try again.

Figwit
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2009 August 14, 09:22:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks coconnor.  I tried the second mirror and we have movement again. Grin
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2009 August 14, 09:37:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're welcome, Figwit!  Panic ensues when the links break down!  We need our updated AwesomeMod!

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2009 August 14, 14:41:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So why is it that I am seeing "Romance" events firing btwn two women quite often in my games ever since I started using ASM?  I have never, ever directed any sims in these saves (or any of my saves for that matter) to do any same sex romantic actions.  Not that I have a problem with these parings showing up.  Just that what I am seeing in my game does not seem to match up with what you are saying here.

Possibly they acquired a preference for the same gender either through some you did directly or indirectly? Otherwise I don't know. In theory that shouldn't happen the way the game is currently setup if you do nothing to bring it about. Not that it's so bad. I would personally prefer some of that in my game without me having to micromanage it. Tongue

Lioe
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2009 August 14, 15:16:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the story mode driver initiate adoption for same-sex couples?

In my game, so far, although there have been ASM intitiated same-sex romances, some of the involved sims then paired off in female/male couples, married and started breeding.
twoftmama
Blathering Buffoon

Domestic Goddess

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2009 August 14, 21:12:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using the latest AM, 8-14-09 1:50am, my married sims still have multiple romantic interests/girlfriends or boyfriends. I thought they couldn't do that if they were commited. Am I wrong? I tried to take a screenshot, but either my print screen button doesn't work or my PC ate the pic, cause I can't find the damn thing on my HD.

If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left handed people are in their right mind.

TFM'S Naughty Sims Asylum
Spotty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: 2009 August 14, 21:21:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried to take a screenshot...

Fraps is your friend.
twoftmama
Blathering Buffoon

Domestic Goddess

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2009 August 15, 00:36:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh that's cool! Thanks!

If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left handed people are in their right mind.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2009 August 15, 00:40:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you still have a legacy holdover corruption from older versions, try using "fixromances".

twoftmama
Blathering Buffoon

Domestic Goddess

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2009 August 15, 00:45:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried using fixromances, it said there were no problems. That's why I was confused. Just downloaded the newest AM, will try again.

IreneDAdler
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2009 August 15, 05:25:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using the latest AM, 8-14-09 1:50am, my married sims still have multiple romantic interests/girlfriends or boyfriends. I thought they couldn't do that if they were commited. Am I wrong? I tried to take a screenshot, but either my print screen button doesn't work or my PC ate the pic, cause I can't find the damn thing on my HD.
I think multiple Romantic Interests are ok, but I think the game doesn't allow you to have more than one Boyfriend/Fiance/Husband.  I don't suppose you have other mods installed that allow polygamy?  I personally have not seen this happen at all through the last few weeks of AwesomeMod updates.

I'm also seeing a slightly disproportionate number of lesbian romance events versus gay events.  I made two YA Females and two YA Males and put them in my neighborhood, with pretty much the same traits (i.e. one of the girls has the same traits as one of the guys, and the other girl has the same traits as the other guy), and the first thing the two girls did was to get it on, while the two guys pretty much ignored each other.  The only thing I can think of is that I had "initialized" Lesbian interactions with two other females before I put the 4 new sims in the neighborhood, but I didn't do the same for gay interactions until after the sims were in already.

Also, what is the best set of traits to give to neighborhood pollinators?  I gave my sims Flirty and Hopeless Romantic to make them romance multiple sims, and then Charismatic to help them along, and I gave them Family-Oriented in the hopes of making them Try For Baby a lot, but it backfired because they got married almost immediately and don't seem to be pollinating sims other than their spouses.  I'm trying to shake up the genetics of my neighborhood a little so I'd like a bunch of sims to have kids with as many other sims as possible.  Is there any way to do this short of house-hopping around to prod my sims by hand?

varmint
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2009 August 15, 06:32:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm also seeing a slightly disproportionate number of lesbian romance events versus gay events.  I made two YA Females and two YA Males and put them in my neighborhood, with pretty much the same traits (i.e. one of the girls has the same traits as one of the guys, and the other girl has the same traits as the other guy), and the first thing the two girls did was to get it on, while the two guys pretty much ignored each other.  The only thing I can think of is that I had "initialized" Lesbian interactions with two other females before I put the 4 new sims in the neighborhood, but I didn't do the same for gay interactions until after the sims were in already.

Yep, this is the opposite of what happened to me, but considering what people have said here, and the way the game seems to track gender preferences, I've concluded that you have to initiate same-sex romance for each gender separately. If awesomemod finds men who like men in the hood, storymode will initiate man-on-man action about as frequently as the percentage of such men existing in the neighborhood, same for women.

Also, what is the best set of traits to give to neighborhood pollinators?  I gave my sims Flirty and Hopeless Romantic to make them romance multiple sims, and then Charismatic to help them along, and I gave them Family-Oriented in the hopes of making them Try For Baby a lot, but it backfired because they got married almost immediately and don't seem to be pollinating sims other than their spouses.  I'm trying to shake up the genetics of my neighborhood a little so I'd like a bunch of sims to have kids with as many other sims as possible.  Is there any way to do this short of house-hopping around to prod my sims by hand?

I think that storymode only makes babies with couples in a committed relationship who live together. While I like the idea of neighborhood pollinators littering the neighborhood with their freaky bastard spawn, I'm guessing it's a bit of a nightmare to code for it. Plus, it removes the built-in limitations that keep ASM from turning into a neighborhood-crashing baby factory like ISM.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2009 August 15, 07:43:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The neighborhood is giving you what you gave it. If you gave it a disproportionate number of something, it will give you that back.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 15, 13:21:01 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Eliste
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2009 August 15, 12:39:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"fixromances" removes all "MarriagePostMortem" links.  Is it intended effect?
Enelen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2009 August 15, 12:48:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that storymode only makes babies with couples in a committed relationship who live together. While I like the idea of neighborhood pollinators littering the neighborhood with their freaky bastard spawn, I'm guessing it's a bit of a nightmare to code for it. Plus, it removes the built-in limitations that keep ASM from turning into a neighborhood-crashing baby factory like ISM.

That's pretty much what I got, yes. But I think the accidental pollination should be simply accidental: give a very low percentage of TFB for rabbithole escapades, and do not check for cribs. You don't check your family background before you accidentally get knocked up, do you? Let them worry about the babies after.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: