More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 08:16:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesome Story Driver Beta-Testing reports
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesome Story Driver Beta-Testing reports  (Read 224890 times)
Eliste
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Awesome Story Driver Beta-Testing reports
« Reply #125 on: 2009 August 12, 11:51:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never seen households split other than through marriage. When they have money in the beginning they move to a bigger house straight away and struggle with the bills, then downsize.
That is because the usual motivations for being able to split a house are rarely met. In order for a house to split, it has to consist of at least two fambly units. A sim that splits off will take its spouse, and non-adult children with it. The original fambly must have enough funds to support purchasing an appropriate house, otherwise, for obvious reasons, they can't do it. To motivate the desire to do so in the first place, the presently existing house must have become inadequate. This is tricky to arrange, as they wouldn't have moved into the house in the first place if it was inadequate to start, so the only event that can cause a house to suddenly become inadequate is 0s growing up to become 6ses, or the player sabotaging the house.

I understand your rules and I agree that they are reasonable. My problem is with realism.

Newlyweds would never move in with parents in the first place if one of them already owns a house for himself/herself.

And when two family units are living in a mansion I don't necessarily want them to split as soon as they can afford another house. They are most likely a married heir with kids waiting to inherit and grandparents looking after kids for free.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: 2009 August 12, 12:16:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the multigeneration household scenario, if the house is getting too small for them all, and there are elders, what about the idea of moving the elders out into a smaller house instead?  Can the mod work out how many floor levels there are in a house?  It could try to get the old guys into a bungalow.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
kimmyfrmtx
Asinine Airhead

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2009 August 12, 12:20:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the multigeneration household scenario, if the house is getting too small for them all, and there are elders, what about the idea of moving the elders out into a smaller house instead?  Can the mod work out how many floor levels there are in a house?  It could try to get the old guys into a bungalow.

I have had that happen twice now in game.  I left a few small (1 bedroom) houses without cribs.  All the babies drove the elders out into those houses.

STFU already NoobTard, you are disturbing my lurking.

Then and than are different words with different meanings; look up the correct usage.  I am running out of furniture polish.  [slams head on desk]
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2009 August 12, 14:15:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Newlyweds would never move in with parents in the first place if one of them already owns a house for himself/herself.
The kicker here is that computers are exceptionally bad at determining things that humans can notice instantly. For a COMPUTER to decipher such a twisted web of possible relations would involve massive computational expense. The fundamental nature of a computer is that a computer can only look at a single thing at a time. It can look at single objects very quickly, but at any given time, a computer can only see one thing. The wife says computers are like extreme versions of men, and somewhat less flattering things.

And when two family units are living in a mansion I don't necessarily want them to split as soon as they can afford another house. They are most likely a married heir with kids waiting to inherit and grandparents looking after kids for free.
They don't split unless the house becomes overcrowded. As long as the house is not overcrowded and nobody has a negative relationship, the household does not split up unless someone is pulled out by being married off.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: 2009 August 12, 16:23:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Attaching a FSE I get often.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 13, 12:23:34 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2009 August 12, 19:45:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About those shared houses, would it be possible to stop the game from automatically renaming them to the family name of the eldest member living there? As it is Single Moms gets renamed to Kimura every time, Working Friends to McGraw, etc.

Are you using Indie Stone?  I havn't seen this since I switched to Awesome Story Mode from Indie.  And who in Single Moms is named Kimura?  With ISM, that household always got renamed to McIrish.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
quetzilla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2009 August 12, 23:00:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question about family splitting -- if one of the splitting sims has kids with a non splitting some (e.g. they remarried someone else), does the splitting sim always take the kids with them?  Or can there be custody battles?  Family-oriented wins and commitment issues loses etc?
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2009 August 13, 00:47:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is it with poor Koffi: he chooses a job, quits the next day, then another, and when he has tried all of them, starts again.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2009 August 13, 05:24:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is it with poor Koffi: he chooses a job, quits the next day, then another, and when he has tried all of them, starts again.
Okay, that's not normal. He's supposed to do that, but isn't supposed to quit until he reaches level 5. Should be fixed now.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2009 August 13, 11:16:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, everything appears to be working fairly well in my game with the latest updates, using AwesomeStory driver.  Sims are moving and splitting households autonomously.  Sims are "pollinated", babies being born.

I have noticed that some Sims will arbitrarily quit their jobs, but I guess that's to be expected.  It's not everyone.  However, one thing I am still noticing with the romance occurrences is that married Sims (sometimes recently, i.e. newlyweds) are meeting other Sims at various locations for "hook-ups".  Not sure if this was intentionally left in or not. It's not excessive, and so I guess it goes to realism.

Loading the game (via 3-booter) is now taking more time also.  Not sure what to chalk this up to, but it does load.

Thanks for all your work.  It's become difficult to know whether you have updated, so I'm now just downloading a new AwesomeMod each time I play to compare the time stamp to the previous version.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2009 August 13, 15:16:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Story mode had a sim marry a single parent of a toddller, and the toddler was kicked out of the house by the new male.  There was enough bed/crib capacity for the new wife & her toddler.

Now the toddler is in a homeless family all by herself, with §0 so she will slowly starve to death as she can't earn.  The mother can't call the toddler to invite her over.  How do I reunite the toddler with her mother?  If I familyfund the toddler some money will ASM put her in a house, so that I can then merge her back with her mother?

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: 2009 August 13, 15:57:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't you merge the toddler with a family, in Edit Town mode?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2009 August 13, 15:59:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

However, one thing I am still noticing with the romance occurrences is that married Sims (sometimes recently, i.e. newlyweds) are meeting other Sims at various locations for "hook-ups".  Not sure if this was intentionally left in or not. It's not excessive, and so I guess it goes to realism.

Oh, I hope this is a feature and Pescado doesn't touch anything. My flirty/charismatic sims are having a ball, and I am waiting for the big blow up. Moar fight, please!  The only thing that I wish that the spouses don't stay home while their husband/wife is out playing. I need them to catch the do.

Story mode had a sim marry a single parent of a toddller, and the toddler was kicked out of the house by the new male.  There was enough bed/crib capacity for the new wife & her toddler.

Now the toddler is in a homeless family all by herself, with §0 so she will slowly starve to death as she can't earn.  The mother can't call the toddler to invite her over.  How do I reunite the toddler with her mother?  If I familyfund the toddler some money will ASM put her in a house, so that I can then merge her back with her mother?

Can't you evict the toddler and merge in with the mother's new household from "Edit Town"? It is not an attractive way to do move-ins, but that is the only way I can think to do it.

Inge beat me to it.   Cheesy

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2009 August 13, 16:14:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have noticed that some Sims will arbitrarily quit their jobs, but I guess that's to be expected.  It's not everyone.  However, one thing I am still noticing with the romance occurrences is that married Sims (sometimes recently, i.e. newlyweds) are meeting other Sims at various locations for "hook-ups".  Not sure if this was intentionally left in or not. It's not excessive, and so I guess it goes to realism.
If the sims in question are Flirty, Commitment Issues, or worse, both, they tend to do this. If they aren't, the partnering code is still bugged. But if they are, this is working as designed. Those sims cheat.

Story mode had a sim marry a single parent of a toddller, and the toddler was kicked out of the house by the new male.  There was enough bed/crib capacity for the new wife & her toddler.
Sounds like this is working as planned, albeit in a corner case that was probably not supposed to ever trigger unless you prodded it that way. As is typical, the new male drives out the spawn of the previous weak, unfit male. Had she perhaps gotten one of those effete weaklings not in touch with their male instincts, perhaps this would not have happened, but this is life. Let it play out and let me know how it goes. I am curious how you managed to trigger a corner-case subroutine that was not intended for service at this stage, but let's see what happens.

brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2009 August 13, 16:55:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the sims in question are Flirty, Commitment Issues, or worse, both, they tend to do this. If they aren't, the partnering code is still bugged. But if they are, this is working as designed. Those sims cheat.

I have one male sim with the flirty, good-kisser, commitment issues, and inappropriate that have been with every female of age in my game. I have seen him hooking up at least 2 times a night, til I got a message that there were no victims to romance one night. I had fun following his escapades.

Will the storymode allow him to pollinate some of the women he is messing with or only with his spouse? Also is the code written for the spouse to stay home while he is out?  I would really love to see him caught, or at least in trouble with other spouses.  Really I have 2 males and 1 female that are cheating all over town cause of their traits, and all of them are married.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2009 August 13, 17:34:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't you merge the toddler with a family, in Edit Town mode?

If the toddler hadn't become a homeless family, then yes, I could have merged.  But as a homeless family she was nowhere to be seen on the Edit Town screen.

Let it play out and let me know how it goes. I am curious how you managed to trigger a corner-case subroutine that was not intended for service at this stage, but let's see what happens.

I family funded her the money to purchase a lot.  I got a message about a move in and took note of the name of the lot she'd moved into.  I went to edit town mode, and she wasn't in the lot she'd been moved into, nor was she in any other lot.  I assume the social worker took her as soon as she moved into the lot.  I've heard that the TS2 method of adopting & getting the last sim to go into the adoption pool doesn't work in TS3, so I haven't tried adopting her back.

I'm not sure how it happened.  I started this hood a few days ago, when none of the sims were having babies under ASM.  To fix the lack of spawn I started forcing pregnancies following some of the rabbit hole visits.  This is where the toddler came from - the offspring of a single woman and a married man.  Today I was playing the toddler's father's lot when I got the messages that the mother had married and that the toddler had been driven from the nest by the new male.  The really strange thing is that the new stepfather had married another sim about an hour or so before he married the single mother, and his other wife is still alive, still married to him, and still has a good relationship with him.

I've been getting some FSEs today, which appeared to be related to romance activities, but I didn't screenshot them as I know I'm oldversioned since I didn't update AM before I started playing today.  I was going to update AM, but I noticed there were reports of further CTDs, so I figured I'd stick with the version I downloaded yesterday as that wasn't crashing for me.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 13, 17:40:36 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
ProfPlumbob
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2009 August 13, 18:30:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to get updates on what's going on around town that isn't through the newspaper?  I never get any updates when reading it.  I noticed in the config you can enable story progression notifications, but from what I remember enacting it a few weeks back, it was a popup checkbox.  I was thinking more along the lines of updates like ISM on the right side of the screen.  

My observations; a gay couple moved into my neighborhood.  Wasn't sure if EA or AM had included a chance of this occurring, guess so! One family had twins with only one crib.  There seems to be a contagious urge to tour the town hall or science facility with someone.  I think they should now correctly be labeled "cruising spots" which brings me to...

my sims have become massive whores which is amusing but kind of odd.  I wouldn't expect unflirty sims to be so willing to hook up with someone.  Same with those that are hopeless romantics.  I typically think of a HR as someone who's very monogamous.  Because of all this whoring, my sims are starting to clash big time with one another.  It has become one giant soap opera with octagonal love triangles.  Which again, amusing and loving it, but odd...it wouldn't be so bad if a sim in one room didn't know that in the other room his/her wife was makin' out with the gardener, but somehow these sims have xray vision.  Any way to fix that?  I wouldn't mind the whoring if they couldn't magically see into the next room.

it is quite hilarious finding out about new affairs when you throw a big party and so many -'s pop up reacting to romantic interactions.  
« Last Edit: 2009 August 13, 18:39:01 by ProfPlumbob » Logged

Imagination will often carry us to places that never were. But without it we go nowhere.  -Carl Sagan
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2009 August 13, 19:27:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My observations; a gay couple moved into my neighborhood.  Wasn't sure if EA or AM had included a chance of this occurring, guess so! One family had twins with only one crib.  There seems to be a contagious urge to tour the town hall or science facility with someone.  I think they should now correctly be labeled "cruising spots" which brings me to...
The number of births is not controlled by the number of cribs. Sims can end up with more than they expected! I intentionally chose not to make them ultra-cautious like I would play things, so a single crib is enough...although once they find out they have TWO, they're going to look for someplace that fits them better. If they fail, those children may end up a bit messed up.

my sims have become massive whores which is amusing but kind of odd.  I wouldn't expect unflirty sims to be so willing to hook up with someone.  Same with those that are hopeless romantics.
Hopeless Romantics receive a bonus to rolling Romance actions. All sims tend to play the field a bit early on: Just because a romance action fired does not necessarily mean it was successful, or even resulted in a romantic relationship: The success or failure of the action is not indicated because that information is not known until the action resolves. If they were not able to achieve a status in a given run, they are not committed. As I intentionally did not make the thing lock on to the perfect match every time, there is some amount of randomness involved in the early stages of romance.

Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2009 August 13, 21:04:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All but one of the Sims in question had at least the Flirty trait.  The other Sim has:  Bookworm, Easily Impressed, Friendly, Genius & Hopeless Romantic.  Could Hopeless Romantic also trigger this?  This Sim had two daughters from a previous relationship (not clear if this was a previous wife, girlfriend or how he got the children, but subsequently married Blair Wainright.  His other "love interest" was none other than Agnes Crumplebottom! 

In any event, I amused myself by making them actively disllike their illicit love interests; in some cases, changed their traits, etc.  Hopefully, that will curtail their philandering (in cases where the spouses aren't also indulging in extramarital affairs).  An abbreviated form of the "Wrath of Pescado", perhaps?  Punishment of sorts, in fact.  He also has quit his job at least three times.  But then I keep forcing him to get a new job!  And these are not families I created or play regularly, just townies.

Anyway, just reporting back on the status so you can check it out if Hopeless Romantic is not a trait that could or should trigger this.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2009 August 13, 21:07:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hopeless Romantic should definitely not trigger it, but it's still possible to be chosen as a target if not committed.

Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2009 August 13, 21:14:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hopeless Romantic should definitely not trigger it, but it's still possible to be chosen as a target if not committed.
He was committed, he is married to Blair Wainright.  In fact, they just moved to another house for "breeding room".

varmint
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2009 August 13, 21:24:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My observations; a gay couple moved into my neighborhood.  Wasn't sure if EA or AM had included a chance of this occurring, guess so!

In my neighborhood where I had previously initiated romance between two males, it seems storymode has decided that all the men in town are bisexual-- there is hot man-on-man action in the rabbitholes on a regular basis, often followed a couple days later by one of the participants wooing one of the local ladies. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It was pretty hilarious actually, old lady Goth croaked, and Gunther immediately paired up with one of the gay guys and moved in with him. Should have chosen Gold Digger for his LTW, eh?

I remember reading that in TS3, once you initiated same-sex lovin', it basically made the whole neighborhood potentially bisexual. I didn't realize it was gender specific though, but it seems to be, because there are no lesbian couplings happening at all. If I wanted to get the ladies in on the gay action, would I just need to initiate some female-to-female romance on my own and that would bring on the lesbianisms?
« Last Edit: 2009 August 13, 21:35:06 by varmint » Logged
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2009 August 13, 21:29:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my games with ASM, I have not seen any male-male parings at all.  I have seen quite a bit of lesbianism, though.  And I as the player have never innitiated any same sex parings of any kind.  I was beginning to wonder if the ASM coding specifically dissallowed male-male parings, but I guess not.

simwit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2009 August 13, 21:33:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I moved in two gay couples, one male and one female, and AwesomeStory has happily created more of them. I have more lesbians, but I suppose that's because I had more women than men in my neighborhood. And I've also noticed some bisexual behavior, but it all adds to the fun.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2009 August 13, 21:37:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose I should have mentioned, nearly all the lesbian parings I have seen have included at least one bisexual sim.  I think part of that is also because the town has more females, which also might be why I havn't seen any male-male parings now that I think of it.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: