More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:41:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesome Story Driver Beta-Testing reports
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesome Story Driver Beta-Testing reports  (Read 224957 times)
alyria
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Awesome Story Driver Beta-Testing reports
« Reply #25 on: 2009 August 07, 16:25:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Added cribs around town and still no autonomous pregnancies in my town either.
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 August 07, 17:19:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have one particular "romantic interest" couple (no commitment) who seem intent on "Romance: Every Possible Rabbithole in Town" a couple times every day, but no pregnancy there yet either. When I checked them once on the radar, they were just "touring" and didn't seem to actually be doing any woohoo/try for baby, but I may have missed it. Other times I looked at the science lab or place in question and they didn't seem to actually be there. Maybe they hadn't arrived yet?
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 August 07, 19:26:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was tired of no babies in my hood, so I switched btwn a few families to see if I could help things allong.  Weird thing is, the first two couples actually flat out refused to TFB due to "too bad a mood" even though the mood was showing as fair/happy (mid range).  Finally got Hank Goddard to impregnate Pauline Wan, so a baby is on the way, but obviously not one triggered by ASM.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
alyria
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 August 07, 19:47:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did the bounce around and reseed thing for about 7 couples.  Now everyone in my town is old or dead except for the 7 kids I made which are now teens and the family I play, which is actually two old people and a teen (Ha!). I'm contemplating starting over, the nice thing is the game runs great with so few people. Well, minus the freezing bug.
Eliste
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 August 07, 20:08:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Added cribs around town and still no autonomous pregnancies in my town either.
Same story here. I played new hood edited to have empty beds and cribs in most houses for a generation. Not a single pregnancy except for premade.

Married couples seem to move to a more crowded house every time despite available room in groom's house. Ex-spouses of the sims my flirty sim asked to break up never move out nor kick out their cheating halves. When ex-spouse remarries she brings her husband to live in ex-husband's house as well. Lovely!!!
When first marriage happened and new wife sold her house to move in with husband and his parents it was all right, the bigger house wins I presume (although IRL newlyweds would have preferred to live in their own house).
New husband in question - Frio - moved from a more expensive house with only his brother left and 2 free bed-slots to a house with 3 adults (including ex-husband) and only 1 bed-slot available.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 August 07, 20:27:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a RTFM for the Awesome mod story driver?  I haven't seen one.  I also haven't had any births, but my game was over-loaded with children during the other story driver.  It would be like JM to check to make sure the number of children in you game is a sane number.  Maybe there will be more children when you need them?? 
alyria
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 August 07, 21:36:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope.  I didn't bounce around enough times to reseed my population and my town is virtually a ghost town.  I just moved in a few new families so my sims would have people to talk to.
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2009 August 07, 21:41:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a lot of romance in my restarted hood, it seems like thats their fav pastime - especially at the different rabbit holes. No babies though, as far as I can see - I hopped around a bit and made them TFB. I always switch a lot between houses.
speedreader
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 August 08, 17:01:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Loving ASM.  I am interferring in about 50% of newly wed couples forcing TFB.  I put cribs in the other's houses and will leave them  to their own devices and see what happens.  I am a neighborhood player, not single family player, so this fits well with my style.  I'm just happy they are finding mates on their own! 
Viscountess
Gelina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 August 08, 19:30:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Married couples seem to move to a more crowded house every time despite available room in groom's house.
I'm seeing the same thing in my test hood.  I started off with 3 families - 1 with 8 single unrelated young adult males, 1 with 8 singled unrelated young adult females and my Botwin family.  It's been about 30 days and in that time, 1 family has moved in (a couple), 1 male/female pair married and moved into an empty house, 1 male/female pair married and moved into the boy house and 1 male/female pair married and moved into the girl house.  Absolutely no babies. 

My neighborhood is going to die out very quickly.  There are 20-25 empty houses that have 1 double bed, 3 single beds, 2 cribs, 2 bath/showers and stove/fridge for under $16k and 10-15 houses that have 1 double bed, 6 single bed, 3 cribs, 3 bath/showers and stove/fridge for under $20k.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 August 08, 19:33:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't believe he has written the spawning part of ASM yet, so far now I think we either have to nudge them along or swap in Indie Stone and watch the babies fly!

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
alyria
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 August 08, 20:17:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't believe he has written the spawning part of ASM yet, so far now I think we either have to nudge them along or swap in Indie Stone and watch the babies fly!

Wait, if there is no spawning AT ALL where did this whole "You have to have a crib in their house" crap come from?  I wish someone had told me this BEFORE I placed 20 freakin cribs.
simwit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 August 08, 20:25:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, in my neighborhood everyone has a fancy house with two or three cribs, but I haven't played for the past 36 hours or so, even though I have nothing better to do.

I hope someone (more likely several people) will eventually build Pescado City, a fantastic neighborhood with a gigantic statue of El Presidente in the main park.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009 August 08, 20:37:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait, if there is no spawning AT ALL where did this whole "You have to have a crib in their house" crap come from?  I wish someone had told me this BEFORE I placed 20 freakin cribs.

That is the design plan I guess. That's what I gathered from speaking with him, it's the eventual plan that will be implemented at some point with regards to spawning, but that they currently take cribs into account when moving if the fambly has a kid.

But I don't want to be accused of being his wife again  Roll Eyes so you clarify with him.

At any rate, ASM is a work in progress and not all features have been implemented yet. Unless I misunderstood, I was told the actual spawning mechanism is not in place yet but will be at some point.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2009 August 08, 22:06:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lack of a crib in any GIVEN house is not going to stall them necessarily, though: They will migrate to seek an appropriate house suitable for spawning in, and will even displace an existing occupant (who migrates to their own house), in doing so as a chained event, essentially buying that sim's house.

Wouldn't it make more sense for the spawning sims to simply buy a crib to put in their existing house?

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009 August 08, 22:27:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wouldn't it make more sense for the spawning sims to simply buy a crib to put in their existing house?

I asked before. Apparently there is no way to have sims autonomously place a crib in a way that is logical or make any source of sense of a normal house layout (ie they might randomly shove it on the lawn or in the middle of the bathroom or whatever).

I then thought well can't they just shove it in their inventory and just say they have it, but that did not meet the rigorous Pescado standards so instead the plan is (as I understand it) that if they don't own a crib instead of, you know, buying one, they will move out of an otherwise perfectly good house into one that has one.

Lum
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009 August 08, 22:50:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Two questions: where is the manual for AwesomeStory? I don't see it anywhere.

And two, does AwesomeStory have notifications? The only thing I really miss from IndieMod is the news that so-and-so moved, had baby, ect.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009 August 08, 22:51:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Two questions: where is the manual for AwesomeStory? I don't see it anywhere.

No.

And two, does AwesomeStory have notifications? The only thing I really miss from IndieMod is the news that so-and-so moved, had baby, ect.

Yes. You turn on the story mode debug notifications from the config.

Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009 August 08, 23:13:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I have been slaving away adding cribs and beds to SV.  So far, there are a total of 52 cribs in occupied houses and I am in the process of adding cribs to unoccupied houses.  I have managed to place at least 2 cribs in most houses (some only have one), and the maximum in any house is 3.  I realize that sims could quite easily need 4 or more cribs if they had a couple of sets of twins/triplets, but honestly I couldn't find the room for more than 3.  I tried to place more cribs in houses that had more than one AF or YAF, or in a house where one or more of the possible spawners were Family Oriented.  In houses with only guys (ie Steel, Frio, Alvi, Kofi), I only placed one crib (even that looks out of place, but if a guy marries and brings in a wife, they'll need the crib and probably will need additional cribs eventually).  Sekemoto got one crib in addtion to the one that already exists, since the current one is already in use.  And Ursine only got one crib since I don't think she's planning on have a lot more kids, and Kennedy only got one because I couldn't figure out how to add any more than one without remodeling the whole place.  I also didn't add any cribs to the Working Friends or Roomies households, since they don't seem like "family" homes to me, and anyone who gets married and/or wants to spawn can move elswere.

At current count, my template hood has 84 sims (all SV premades plus most of the family bin sims and some custom ones I added) including 34 YAF/AF (two of whom are currently pg due to EAxis starting them that way).  I gassed all NPCs and Homeless.  Please tell me 84/86 sims isn't approaching the "critical mass" where the hood will implode from overpopulation, because that would be stupid for the number to be that low.  I would like to use this template hood for starting all my new SV games (hense, all the hours of work I am putting into setting it up).

magnamundian
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009 August 08, 23:52:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I asked before. Apparently there is no way to have sims autonomously place a crib in a way that is logical or make any source of sense of a normal house layout (ie they might randomly shove it on the lawn or in the middle of the bathroom or whatever).

I then thought well can't they just shove it in their inventory and just say they have it, but that did not meet the rigorous Pescado standards so instead the plan is (as I understand it) that if they don't own a crib instead of, you know, buying one, they will move out of an otherwise perfectly good house into one that has one.

How about a rule that: if the currently occupied house has an unused single bed, this can be replaced with a crib.

Seems a simple swap-out, if the bed is in a valid position then so would the crib.
alyria
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2009 August 09, 00:38:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No it wouldn't, single beds are three squares, cribs are 4 squares.
BrokenRobot
Dimwitted Dunce

sekrit Republican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2009 August 09, 01:10:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would seem to me that having to switch to each individual household and manually place a crib just to give the family a chance of having kids defeats the whole purpose of a story driver.  If I'm going to be messing with each and every house, I might as well just have them Try for Baby while I'm there and be done with it.  I need a story driver that will keep the non-played families going without my input, which is why I'm still using the Indie Stone driver.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009 August 09, 01:32:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would seem to me that having to switch to each individual household and manually place a crib just to give the family a chance of having kids defeats the whole purpose of a story driver.  If I'm going to be messing with each and every house, I might as well just have them Try for Baby while I'm there and be done with it.  I need a story driver that will keep the non-played families going without my input, which is why I'm still using the Indie Stone driver.

Not to support the whole crib thing (heh, cribs in non-played houses in my game are often on the lawn), but you've missed an obvious point in your argument.

Once the crib is placed you never need to go back to that household.  The sims will spawn again once the crib is empty, and the crib will still be there for subsequent generations.  If you don't place cribs and want the household to have another baby (whether that generation or a next generation) then you'll need to go back to try for the next pregnancy.  Placing a crib is set & forget, you only have to do it once.  Manually making non-played sims TFB is something you have to repeat.  BTW, the shift-click option "make pregnant" is faster and easier than getting sims in the mood to TFB.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Lum
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009 August 09, 02:30:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since IndieMod is abandoned, why not swipe that code that allows the sims to breed regardless of cribs? That's how it worked when I had it. I liked reading how so-and-so got married and had kids. Since it happened to sims I didn't care about, they hooked up all the time.

(There should be some sort of change log or description to AwesomeStory. Yeah, there's the old Awesomemod manual, but that doesn't really explain the logic behind the moves. Like, how do we get new sims? Breed them? Do they move away sometimes? Like, what are the rules for the whole immigration thing? I understand that this is still being worked out, but there should be an faq eventually.)
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009 August 09, 02:34:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BTW, the shift-click option "make pregnant" is faster and easier than getting sims in the mood to TFB.
Yeah, I'll have to remember to do that next time I'm trying to force a few babies amoung my inactive families.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: