More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:39:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesome Story Driver Beta-Testing reports
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesome Story Driver Beta-Testing reports  (Read 224915 times)
Eliste
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Awesome Story Driver Beta-Testing reports
« on: 2009 August 05, 16:18:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. In current build Polygamy is allowed. Some of my sims marry every day to a different person and move in with them. Abandoned spouses still count themselves married to the polygamist. This bug is not dependent on gender. I've got both multiple wives and multiple husbands situations. If it is a feature I would like it optional please.

2. In current build spawns did not happen so far (about 6 hours of gameplay). Not even attempts are reported, unlike in previous build : "SimA and SimB are unable to spawn at this time". This message never happens.

3. For some reason Mortimer Goth moved in with Bunch(!!!) after marrying Darlene. All other siblings were still there. Granted there is a second double bed, but Goth Manor has more beds for future breeding. Does your cod check for sanity?
Lissa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Awesome Story Driver Beta-Testing reports
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 05, 18:49:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A brother and sister famaily I made and placed in the neighborhood moved out--into the ether, as far as I can tell.  Even sims I thought knew them no longer have them listed as acquaintances.  I thought this behavior had been stomped?
dilpill
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 05, 18:58:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. In current build Polygamy is allowed. Some of my sims marry every day to a different person and move in with them. Abandoned spouses still count themselves married to the polygamist. This bug is not dependent on gender. I've got both multiple wives and multiple husbands situations. If it is a feature I would like it optional please.
Are you sure you have the latest version (EST August ‎04, ‎2009, ‏‎12:30:58 PM)? Pescado said that he fixed that issue.

Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 05, 19:01:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That issue has indeed been fixed in latest build.
Eliste
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 05, 19:53:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, my bad. I did report yesterday's bug it appears. I did not redownload today because the main thread did not change.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 05, 20:17:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, my bad. I did report yesterday's bug it appears. I did not redownload today because the main thread did not change.
Just so you know... Most of the time when he fixes 1 or 2 things he just uploads it without making another post about it.  If he did... his thread would probably be 30 pages long by now.

Personally... I just redownload it before I play so that I know I'm playing with the truly newest version.
alyria
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 05, 22:21:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims have turned into Mega Whores.  I don't mind, I find it kinda funny, but I don't think that's what was intended. Ruby Broke is madly in love with almost every guy in town. LOL.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 06, 01:09:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ruby Broke is madly in love with almost every guy in town. LOL.
That's because she's Flirty.  Apparently Flirty=Slutty (who knew?).

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 06, 01:24:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my first game-play session using AM Story Mode, Ruby Broke married Don Lothario, then over the next week all I heard about were all the other sims the two were "romancing".  Apparently it wasn't much of a honeymoon. Tongue
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 06, 01:27:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the non-slutty version is "Hopeless Romantic". At one point in the dev process, there was a "wanton" trait, which specifically covered slutty without anything else, but prior to the release of the game, EAxis dropped it. The actual trait icon is still apparently present in the game.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
alyria
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 06, 02:00:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ruby Broke is madly in love with almost every guy in town. LOL.

Well the way the game works flirty is pretty much slutty, cept they couldn't call it that.  Since I'm seeing these endless hookups while playing a different active family I had no idea this behavior was trait related. It funny cause she marries one guy, and then she's all over the place with every other guy.  As long as everyone in my game isn't a skank I can deal.  Though from the romance updates I get it feels like they all are skanks.  Maybe the Riverview default sims have a lot of flirts.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 August 06, 02:14:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims who haven't achieved the level of a committed relationship tend to play the field a bit. A romance event firing doesn't necessarily guarantee a romance instantly starts, it has to build up a bit first before the hearts start to appear, after which the weighting will increase so that sim will focus in a bit more. But it's not until they hit Partnered status that they really focus.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
alyria
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 August 06, 02:39:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I looked around and it seems like the ones with flirty have 4 or 5 maxxed out people they are in love with and everyone else has none.   And I just finished playing through a generation on normal age and not a single child was conceived the entire time. For me that's the most important function of story mode, so my town doesn't die out in a generation.  Now that I think of it, there was no immigration either.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 August 06, 02:44:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the non-slutty version is "Hopeless Romantic". At one point in the dev process, there was a "wanton" trait, which specifically covered slutty without anything else, but prior to the release of the game, EAxis dropped it. The actual trait icon is still apparently present in the game.

I'm sure it was deemed not PG13 enough and they were afraid the BBS kiddies might ask their parents what wanton meant. Tongue

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 August 06, 02:46:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I looked around and it seems like the ones with flirty have 4 or 5 maxxed out people they are in love with and everyone else has none.   And I just finished playing through a generation on normal age and not a single child was conceived the entire time. For me that's the most important function of story mode, so my town doesn't die out in a generation.  Now that I think of it, there was no immigration either.
Immigration only happens if you NEED a new person in town.  Like if you get a boss but no bosses are valid... one will immigrate into your town to become the boss.

As far as babies go... Try putting some cribs in houses... They need a crib to store the larvae before having kids.  They might also need an extra bedslot so that when the kid grows up he can sleep somewhere.  I'm not sure about the bedslot thing though.

It is kind of a pain in the ass... but the upside is in theory you can control how many kids are born or how few.  If you test it out and it works (or doesn't work)... let us know so Pescado can continue making adjustments.
alyria
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 August 06, 02:56:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the info.  Since I'm playing the town exactly the way it came there are zero cribs.  I'll jump around and add some.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 August 06, 05:34:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the info.  Since I'm playing the town exactly the way it came there are zero cribs.  I'll jump around and add some.
Does Riverview literally have 0 cribs?  I know SV starts with one in Goth Mannor, one at Crumplebottom's house, one in Single Moms, one at the  Keaton's, and on at the Sekemoto's.  I think that's it.  I've played SV a lot more that RV, obviously.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 August 06, 06:45:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as babies go... Try putting some cribs in houses... They need a crib to store the larvae before having kids.
Lack of a crib in any GIVEN house is not going to stall them necessarily, though: They will migrate to seek an appropriate house suitable for spawning in, and will even displace an existing occupant (who migrates to their own house), in doing so as a chained event, essentially buying that sim's house.

They might also need an extra bedslot so that when the kid grows up he can sleep somewhere.  I'm not sure about the bedslot thing though.
They don't. A baby or toddler requires only a crib, not a bed as well. However, when the toddler becomes a 6, the house will then become unsuitable and overpopulated. At that point, the sims will automatically seek to rectify this problem by moving. I considered this idea, but I figured you people would whine that I was being way too strict.

Solmyr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 August 06, 11:05:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be much easier to add all those cribs if you could edit the houses without having to evict the family first... any way AM could disable that check?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 August 06, 11:10:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CRTL-Click, Select?

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 August 06, 15:39:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They don't. A baby or toddler requires only a crib, not a bed as well. However, when the toddler becomes a 6, the house will then become unsuitable and overpopulated. At that point, the sims will automatically seek to rectify this problem by moving.
I considered this idea, but I figured you people would whine that I was being way too strict.

We would. :p

It would be much easier to add all those cribs if you could edit the houses without having to evict the family first... any way AM could disable that check?

Yes, it could be added.

CRTL-Click, Select?

Or you could just, you know, add a config option to turn the crib check off.  Roll Eyes

Anyway, doesn't going to all their houses force them into high detail mode? Or are all the townies in ASM running in high detail anyway? I know it forces them to roll wants they didn't previously have and then save and track them all.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 August 06, 15:46:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway, doesn't going to all their houses force them into high detail mode? Or are all the townies in ASM running in high detail anyway? I know it forces them to roll wants they didn't previously have and then save and track them all.
High-detail mode isn't something that is permanent, it turns itself off when you stop looking. And no, it doesn't force them to roll wants. It just responds to their main LTW.

simwit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 August 06, 16:11:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About those wants, every time I restart the game my guitar player wants to earn §25 in tips again, which means that the progressive wants are reset. Is that an AwesomeMod bug or am I responsible for it? And is there anything I can do to avoid it? I have never used 'refreshdnp' by the way.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 August 07, 02:30:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's just how EA does things. Anytime you deselect the sim, it will rebuild the controller. The alternative is that all wants available in the game are quickly depleted.

simwit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 August 07, 15:15:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any pregnancies yet with AwesomeStory?

I've carried out my own plan from another thread and have edited my current neighborhood, Riverview, which I consider a test-neighborhood for AwesomeStory, so that every house has several beds and at least two cribs. Also good stoves/fridges/showers or tubs. Nearly all households in the neighborhood are also filthy rich because the devil made me use the 'freerealestate' cheat while I gave them a better house.

Every house is inhabited, but I have no more starter houses, because I got a little carried away, heh. I still have several empty lots though, so I can add cheap houses if necessary.

There have been several marriages, but no AwesomeStory pregnancies so far. Still early days, of course, and after getting babies delivered by ISM all the time (in the past) the neighborhood isn't exactly underpopulated yet.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: