More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 21:42:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  New EP & still no Hood Editor!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New EP & still no Hood Editor!  (Read 16839 times)
charbok
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: New EP & still no Hood Editor!
« Reply #25 on: 2009 August 11, 17:32:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cities XL looks exciting.

And if what Pescado suggests is true (a 3rd party neighborhood editor), then I'm also excited about that.  Really, the one thing I miss most about TS2 is that I can't build a neighborhood up from scratch anymore.  Well, technically I guess I could, but it would always just be another version of Sunset Valley.  I think if they ever made an OFB pack, a neighborhood editor would fit in perfectly, but of course it's EA, so logic can be thrown out.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 August 11, 18:02:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's never going to be a neighborhood editor from EA, but elements in the community are making good progress towards the capability, from what I gather.
That's truly exciting. Wasn't it Mootilda who made or was part of the team that made the 'hood replacer? Also, I remember a tool for SC4 or Sims2 (I think it was SC4) that would do terrain editing out of the game, created by the community. It wasn't pretty, but it got the job done.

I've been so blah lately where the game is concerned because all of the cc that's out keeps reminding me that I'm still stuck playing what EA thinks a neighborhood should look like...a small idyllic suburb populated by 80% upper class residents.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 August 11, 18:34:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HoodReplace wasn't a neighborhood editor, though... it just allows you to copy neighborhood elements between two different TS2 hoods.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
moondance
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 August 11, 19:19:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, I remember a tool for SC4 or Sims2 (I think it was SC4) that would do terrain editing out of the game, created by the community. It wasn't pretty, but it got the job done.

The SC4 Terraformer. Wonderful thing, because it made it simple to terraform an entire map at once, rather than having to do it town-by-town and then deal with reconciling the edges.

EA probably figures that if they don't provide a 'hood editor, they can use "includes a new neighborhood!" as a selling point for each EP. That would be typical of EA, right? Attempting to get us excited about paying for things that should have been included in our original purchase. 
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 August 12, 01:57:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's never going to be a neighborhood editor from EA, but elements in the community are making good progress towards the capability, from what I gather.

ProfPlumbob
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 August 12, 09:13:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, I remember a tool for SC4 or Sims2 (I think it was SC4) that would do terrain editing out of the game, created by the community. It wasn't pretty, but it got the job done.

The SC4 Terraformer. Wonderful thing, because it made it simple to terraform an entire map at once, rather than having to do it town-by-town and then deal with reconciling the edges.

EA probably figures that if they don't provide a 'hood editor, they can use "includes a new neighborhood!" as a selling point for each EP. That would be typical of EA, right? Attempting to get us excited about paying for things that should have been included in our original purchase. 

and World Adventures comes with THREE brand spankin' new neighborhoods! WOOH!  They're breaking ground here folks. 

Imagination will often carry us to places that never were. But without it we go nowhere.  -Carl Sagan
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 August 12, 17:07:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly, I don't even care about completely new neighborhoods. I just want the ability to put down new lots wherever I want them just like we could in TS2. For some reason the lot placement in both SV and RV bother me. I want to be able to place whatever sized lot I want where I want. Actually, this was the reason that I quit playing Castaway Stories after getting through the story just once. When I found out you couldn't add any empty lots, I didn't want to play anymore.
moosemonk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 August 12, 17:45:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I,for one,am glad EA have decided not to release a neighbourhood editor.Given the almighty mess they made of the base game,I think I'd rather let the modding community have a bash at it.Can't wait for the EP horror stories to begin,though.
Krib
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 August 12, 19:48:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly, I don't even care about completely new neighborhoods. I just want the ability to put down new lots wherever I want them just like we could in TS2. For some reason the lot placement in both SV and RV bother me. I want to be able to place whatever sized lot I want where I want. Actually, this was the reason that I quit playing Castaway Stories after getting through the story just once. When I found out you couldn't add any empty lots, I didn't want to play anymore.

That's 90% of it for me too. If I could add and move lots, I'd still want a full editor...  but I'd be mostly satisfied. Although it would be really nice to be able to plant a shrub someplace that isn't a lot, too. Fine, you don't want to give me a real editor? At least let me move that retarded dome next to the Landgraab facility! It doesn't look right now that I put a murdering, satan-worshipping cult headquarters there. Satanists and murderers have no need of geodesic domes!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: