More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 18:16:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Criminal Career and Getting Arrested
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Criminal Career and Getting Arrested  (Read 5729 times)
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Criminal Career and Getting Arrested
« on: 2009 August 04, 02:43:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any pattern to this?  I have a family of sims, two of them in the Criminal Career, who keep getting arrested about, uh, about 40% of the time when they go to work.  One got arrested the first day and her progress bar went so red I just had her quit and re-join the career.  I don't want to fix it.  I just want to know if there are any particular things you do or don't do that affect the chances of this.  I have read that the Lucky trait can reduce your chances.  Anything else?

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Criminal Career and Getting Arrested
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 05, 00:04:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think there's something to your theory about the Lucky trait. I also have two sims in the same household who are both in the criminal career track, and the one with the lucky trait seems to get arrested less often. This could be pure coincidence, however.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 05, 01:29:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm starting to think there's something borked.  My sims got arrested again twice last night.  This can't be meant to have been this frequent.  I'm using AM+ISM mods. 

One of the sims is a klepto ex-maid, and the other is her grown non-klepto daughter.

I googled a thread on some other forum that suggested that arrests might be sparked by the presence of stolen goods in the family inventory.  So I purged that, but still was arrested.

I've found a nice workaround, though.  If you give your criminal sim the Vacationer reward, they don't lose any job progress while they are in jail.  But they still come home the next morning dead tired.

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 05, 02:12:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could be worse. At least they managed to avoid coming back sore. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 05, 02:41:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe having a high athletic skill helps reduce the odds of getting caught.  Although I haven't played the criminal career since the patch. 
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 05, 06:26:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ha yeah!  I thought about your "sore" comment while I was playing that last night.  It would be interesting to have an X percent chance of getting a popup message: "Mortimer Goth was just skull-fucked during a jailhouse gang initiation.  He would have passed, but he scored too poorly on the written portion of the exam."

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 05, 07:00:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...I already put that in the game, you know. It's not quite so verbose. I opted to simply show you the moodlet, with cause. You can draw your own conclusions as to why your sim is now Sore.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
HazelEyes
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 07, 13:39:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Police brutality?

Yes, yes, I know. You probably meant the other thing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 07, 13:55:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like I said, you can draw your own conclusions.

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 09, 11:28:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if that moodlet has an higher probability if you choose to "Meet Friends" instead of "Playing Domino". It would make sense  Wink.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
diskoh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 09, 18:00:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of the criminal career, I'm trying to have a town where everyone is either a criminal or a cop.

I deleted all the other rabbit-holes... that just makes nobody able to go to work, but they still join the other careers.

I assume it would take a mod to remove careers altogether?
Olivia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 August 13, 14:51:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got an elder sim who's been in the criminal career since he aged into an adult. He's never been arrested. Not a single effin time. I have no awesomeness, and no other mods or hacks. Just a coincidence?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: