More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 00:15:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Weird Crash --- can't find any sort of solution.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Weird Crash --- can't find any sort of solution.  (Read 35099 times)
jriggs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Weird Crash --- can't find any sort of solution.
« Reply #50 on: 2009 August 14, 22:17:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are running Awesomemod then you need to patch. 
Blaze Ives
Asinine Airhead

I'm in yo forum eating yo white boxes with red x's

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: 2009 August 14, 22:22:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are running Awesomemod then you need to patch. 
really??? I seriously didn't know that.

TO THE AWESOME MOD THREAD!

Ur mum lulz :]
jriggs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 August 14, 23:24:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And you should get rid of that sig.  It is huge, animated and bright.  That is like 3 strikes around here!
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009 August 14, 23:35:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just installed the Awesome Mod today, for the first time as I've only just returned to the sims 3. I have the same annoying error on my iMac.

Blaze Ives
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: 2009 August 14, 23:52:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And you should get rid of that sig.  It is huge, animated and bright.  That is like 3 strikes around here!
But why?

It's violent.

Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009 August 14, 23:57:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah and it's also annoying, and has already derailed this thread. Anything that slows the solving of this fucking annoying crash needs to be removed.

Blaze Ives
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: 2009 August 15, 01:32:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah and it's also annoying, and has already derailed this thread. Anything that slows the solving of this fucking annoying crash needs to be removed.
It hasn't derailed it
The fact people have reffered to it has.

Plus, my problem is that I haven't updated my game...have you tried deleteing all your CC?

Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009 August 15, 09:12:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have any CC. I have literally just reinstalled the the sims 3 and put the very latest AwesomeMod in as I have only just returned to the sims 3 have a month return to TS2.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2009 August 15, 14:06:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have any CC. I have literally just reinstalled the the sims 3 and put the very latest AwesomeMod in as I have only just returned to the sims 3 have a month return to TS2.

Did patch? Please tell me you patched. It's all over this thread that running awesomemod not patching or having a borked patch install will crash the damned game and I will be forced to beat you upside the head with a fish if you read this thread and still did not patch.

Also, if you did make sure the patch took. I have no clue what version the Mac exe file patched is, but you could try checking the game version in the launcher at least.

Honestly there is a lot of talk and suggestions about what to do if you get crashes and I even started a whole thread about it. I suggest you try all those various suggestions and if you still are having issues, well then report back and we'll see what we can do.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2009 August 16, 18:10:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got it working now. Downloaded the patch but it still took the deletion of the script cache 6 times before it would work. But it's working now, and that's all that matters.  Cool

Thanks for the reminder to check the patching and read the thread again. I fail at common sense sometimes  Grin

Finally got AwesmodMod for the first time now and thoroughly enjoying using The Rapture.

Juleru
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2009 August 21, 13:14:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As we've said several times, awesomemod does not work with the unpatched game. Done. Period. End of story. Thank you drive thru.

Oh, ok.
Which patch do i have to get? 1.4 or does it work with 1.2?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2009 August 21, 13:24:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1.3/1.4 is the currently supported patch. (There were no script changes from 1.3 to 1.4).

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
chazzhay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2009 August 21, 15:27:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay so apparently I also am having the CTD problem when selecting a save to load. The only thing is it wasn't doing it yesterday, and I haven't changed anything. The only thing I may have done is update Awesomemod! I am patched up to 1.4. Angry

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."
Dr. Zoidberg
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2009 August 27, 21:47:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay so apparently I also am having the CTD problem when selecting a save to load. The only thing is it wasn't doing it yesterday, and I haven't changed anything. The only thing I may have done is update Awesomemod! I am patched up to 1.4. Angry
I'm also having this problem. Just did a fresh install (having uninstalled the game awhile back) and put in the latest version of AwesomeMod . No dice. I saw this thread and installed Patch 1.3, and I'm still having the same issue. I'm not sure what to do.
earthshoes
Asinine Airhead

Older and Meaner than You

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2009 August 29, 18:54:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before I go any further, I want to thank Pescado for the auto save feature. Without it, I would have uninstalled this turkey yesterday and been done with this entire EA fiasco. The auto save feature makes the CTDs bearable. At least until something changes or I figure out what the hell I'm doing to contribute to the problem.  I'm inclined to think it's my computer at this point. I have a Celeron Processor (yes, I know, I know. But the price was right at the time). It's only a few months old and I have plenty RAM and a compatible video card with adequate board memory. The game generally plays smoothly, without lags, the graphics look great, and, until this started, I had no real problems with it other than the rare error 13 code and the now rectified 1am freeze.  Everything is patched and all drivers are updated.

That said, since it's begun crashing semi-regularly, I've (finally) noticed a trend. The last several times the game CTDed the characters were in the park in Sunset Valley.  I've been tracking my CPU temperature and it doesn't appear to be any warmer after the crash than it was before. I'm using the 3booter and the fpslimter and last night I turned on Vsync just to be on the safe side.  After emptying all the cache files I played for a blissful couple of hours without a snag. This morning it ran smoothly during the thirty minutes or so I had to play it in. This afternoon it crashed just ten minutes into the play--minutes after I sent a character to the park.   

I'm just reaching here because I'm only just now beginning to understand some of this. Could this have something to do with the frame rate?  The park is a big place with a lot of activity--running water, cars passing, sims running around, etc. If I slow down my frame rate (and I'll have to look up how to do that)--do you suppose it will help?
pandazarehawt
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2009 September 19, 05:37:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i had this EXACT same issue, It was my other CC conflicting with the mod, go into your cc and Move EVERYTHING except awesome mod and run the game. If it works then its trial and error, slowly keep adding stuff untill you get to where it crashes again and try to weed out which download caused the issue, Luckily I have all my cc organized so It was easy for me to fnd out which thing was causing the problem.
!
GOOD LUCK  Wink

I suffer from Obsessive Compulsive Sims Disorder.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: