More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 18:38:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Weird Crash --- can't find any sort of solution.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Weird Crash --- can't find any sort of solution.  (Read 35199 times)
starfreak
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Weird Crash --- can't find any sort of solution.
« Reply #25 on: 2009 August 09, 08:05:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So you have to have 1.3 patch to install AwesomeMod? That is bull. Because for some people, including me, the stupid patches are what make the game crash not custom content. i have no patches installed at all because the first one made my game crash and the second one wouldnt install at all. Is there an older version of AwesomeMod that will work without any patches?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 August 09, 08:32:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you don't HAVE to, but there is no information on how well the Unholy Hybrid will run.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
starfreak
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 August 09, 18:24:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So if I install AwesomeMod, and my game crashes, I should be able to just take out the AwesomeMod files and my game should be back to normal right?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 August 09, 18:34:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So if I install AwesomeMod, and my game crashes, I should be able to just take out the AwesomeMod files and my game should be back to normal right?

If the crash is being caused by Awesomemod (being used on an old version of the game) then logic would follow that statement yes. Anyway it's easy enough to test it and find out.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
alyria
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 August 09, 18:43:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you don't HAVE to, but there is no information on how well the Unholy Hybrid will run.

There is actually tons of information on how well the Unholy Hybrid will run.  It doesn't.  It crashed on the neighborhood screen. The End.

With the addition of expiration dates, people have the option to patch or just not use awesome mod.  That's it.
azahiel
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 August 09, 19:08:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, I recently have a similar problem.

Awesome mod wouldn't work with patch 1.3 at all. The first loading screen just froze.
I had a full system crash and had to reinstall windows from scratch. The Sims 3 directory in my documents was saved, because I moved my documents to a different partition.

Anyway, I reinstalled Sims 3, it successfully updated to patch 1.4.
Now the game simply crashes to the desktop on the first loading screen. If I add scriptterror it manages to load, but crashes exactly like explained before - right after choosing a family.

It turned out that I have a mod conflict with: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=356510

So if you have this crash and use other mods remove all of them and try to run the game with only awesome.
Juleru
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 August 09, 19:36:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same problem here!

I'm playing with the unpatched version of the game (no cc except Riverview and two cars/two sets from the store, so no other mods) and it works pretty fine but when i use AwesomeMod it crashes to desktop.
Since July 20th the game always crashed when i tried to use the mod - but it worked fine with the mod of July 15th.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 August 09, 19:48:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same problem here!

I'm playing with the unpatched version of the game (no cc except Riverview and two cars/two sets from the store, so no other mods) and it works pretty fine but when i use AwesomeMod it crashes to desktop.
Since July 20th the game always crashed when i tried to use the mod - but it worked fine with the mod of July 15th.

As we've said several times, awesomemod does not work with the unpatched game. Done. Period. End of story. Thank you drive thru.

azahiel
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 August 09, 21:09:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Allright...
What SEEMED like a mod conflict (because the game worked after deleting that mod) transformed into the "do not report" crash now every time I try and run the game...damn :<
and it worked fine on 1.2
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 August 09, 23:43:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some stuff to try:

Check the version in the launcher and/or on the ts3.exe. Make sure the patch really did take. In the launcher the version in the lower left corner should be listed as 1.3.24.00001, 1.3.24.00002, 1.4.6.00001 , or 1.4.6.00002. The TS3.exe version should read 0.2.0.18.

Take all other mods and custom content besides awesomemod out and see if it still happens.

Keep trying. How many times is every time? The standard crash on loading screen has been known to happen 5 or 6 times in a row for me, but if you're loading 20+ times and still no dice then definitely something is wrong.

Make sure you have the very latest version of awesomemod (updates that provide fixes but aren't a full new version are frequently posted without being announced)

Make sure your framework installed correctly when you reinstalled the game. Be sure you have d3dx9_31.dll in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin, a resource.cfg in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. A mods\packages\hacks bla bla folder directoryC:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. awesomemod.package in either C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\mods\packages or C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\mods\packages\hacks

Check here for more troubleshooting tips.

azahiel
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 August 10, 00:47:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some stuff to try:

Check the version in the launcher and/or on the ts3.exe. Make sure the patch really did take. In the launcher the version in the lower left corner should be listed as 1.3.24.00001, 1.3.24.00002, 1.4.6.00001 , or 1.4.6.00002. The TS3.exe version should read 0.2.0.18.

Take all other mods and custom content besides awesomemod out and see if it still happens.

Keep trying. How many times is every time? The standard crash on loading screen has been known to happen 5 or 6 times in a row for me, but if you're loading 20+ times and still no dice then definitely something is wrong.

Make sure you have the very latest version of awesomemod (updates that provide fixes but aren't a full new version are frequently posted without being announced)

Make sure your framework installed correctly when you reinstalled the game. Be sure you have d3dx9_31.dll in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin, a resource.cfg in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. A mods\packages\hacks bla bla folder directoryC:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. awesomemod.package in either C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\mods\packages or C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\mods\packages\hacks

Good tips. I'll definitely try looking for conflicts, because that's the only thing I can do really ;p
TS3.exe version is correct and I have the framework installed by the monkey helper.
And "every time" last I checked was 10 or so times. Which is weird, because when I posted that I had a mod conflict the game ran fine. In fact I don't have any core altering mods so all theoretically should be compatible.
azahiel
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 August 10, 01:31:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sorry for double posting, but I can't edit.
An update for my adventure with awesome mod:
It finally works...5 out of 5 tries and the game loads correctly...so far.

I searched for more conflicts and removed one that may have caused the problem. Awesome mod seems to choose at random with which mod it's incompatible now, because last time I removed a possible conflicting mod it loaded correctly.

BUT I also placed a cracked exe instead of the original TS3.exe. I doubt that this was the solution, but maybe maybe...
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 August 10, 02:04:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's probably voodoo, but hell if it works who cares?

Just keep a backup copy of your original TS2.exe or any future patches or expansions will refuse to install.

katiebignuts
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009 August 10, 03:49:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What version info is it giving? Where are you getting the patch from, the launcher/EA updater or direct download? If the latter, which link/file are you using? If you run the launcher, what version of the game does it say you have in the lower left corner?

I'm going to jot down my findings to help other people with possible mod interaction problems.

I'm on a PC. I have a No-CD Razr cracked .exe
I've patched my game and I have all the information listed earlier in this post concerning version info exactly as listed.
I always remove my cache after adding any new mods to my game.
My game used to crash at the loading screen. That seems to have stopped after I updated my Awesomemod and Awesomeconf several times.
After that it crashed at the Neighborhood loading screen as soon as I picked a 'save' and hit LOAD.
In order to figure out why I went through the process of removing and re-adding all my MANY mods one at a time.
Here are my findings.

The bare game runs.
CC (Without Awesome or Indie Mods) runs.
Indie Mod alone runs.
Awesome Mod alone runs.
Indie Mod plus CC (No AwesomeMod) runs.
Awesome mod and Indie Mod (without other CC) together run.

MOD's that made the game crash on the loading screen:
ATHLETIC ENVIRONMENT MOOD MULTIPLIER mod
All of the MORE FUN mods (cooking, reading, writing, etc)*
the zpocalypse_jfoodswpack mod
Solace in Sound's MOVE IN mod
More than 8 Queue slots mod
Simply Lockable Door*

Further Note:
Removing INDIE STONE MOD seems to have stopped the game from crashing when these mods are re-integrated into the packages folder.
Even though they have nothing to do with each other, and mod entirely different XML, they just seem to not want to work together.
Though mods marked with *s refuse to work with the latest (as of August 09) AwesomeMod at all and the latest SIMS3 patches, with or without Indie Mod.
Hair, Clothing, Make up, Pattern packages don't seem to affect game play/crashing in the least. It's only the fine tune mods that affect crashes with Indie and Awesome mod installed.

I have not, on the other hand, been able to replicate or figure out exactly why the game was dying at the Neighborhood screen, since I moved the mods around for this test.
I'll do a follow up if it happens again.

Hope this helps people.
Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2009 August 10, 04:22:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some stuff to try:

Hm.
I'm in a really fun and amazing situation. Today I:

Uninstalled from PC (RZR version).
Re-installed on PC (RZR version).
Patched to 1.4 (using a single patcher) <---------GUH??!!!?
Re-installed Delphy's Monkey Thing.
Played the tutorial.
Switched around houses all while being warned I'd lose things.
Saved and Quit.
Added AwesomeMod from TODAY 8/9/2009 @ 11pm...

And finally, my game crashes when attempting to select a neighborhood.
I have nothing else in my game (no Mods and no CC because I haven't been able to get that far).

Also, looking into the Versions of the EXE's, I found another problem: I am patched to 1.4.6.00002 but, my EXE version is still 0.0.0.11195. Can someone send me their EXE version 0.2.0.18? Maybe that will kick something in the nuts. The Launcher is the correct current version. I just tried installing patches, but of course I get a message stating patches are already installed.

At this point, I just want to try getting a EXE version 0.2.0.18 and see if that remedies things. If not, then I'll start that sick cycle again.

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009 August 10, 04:33:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm.
I'm in a really fun and amazing situation. Today I:

Uninstalled from PC (RZR version).
Re-installed on PC (RZR version).
Patched to 1.4 (using a single patcher) <---------GUH??!!!?
Re-installed Delphy's Monkey Thing.
Played the tutorial.
Switched around houses all while being warned I'd lose things.
Saved and Quit.
Added AwesomeMod from TODAY 8/9/2009 @ 11pm...

And finally, my game crashes when attempting to select a neighborhood.
I have nothing else in my game (no Mods and no CC because I haven't been able to get that far).

Also, looking into the Versions of the EXE's, I found another problem: I am patched to 1.4.6.00002 but, my EXE version is still 0.0.0.11195. Can someone send me their EXE version 0.2.0.18? Maybe that will kick something in the nuts. The Launcher is the correct current version. I just tried installing patches, but of course I get a message stating patches are already installed.

At this point, I just want to try getting a EXE version 0.2.0.18 and see if that remedies things. If not, then I'll start that sick cycle again.

Did the patch definitely say it went through or did it give some sort of error? It seems the problem some people are having is that they think they patched when in fact they have not or have not all the way. Your exe should definitely not be 11195 if you patched successfully, but I am not sure that just replacing the exe is good enough since the patch modifies other files as well.

What version of the game does the launcher say you have if you look in the lower left hand corner?

Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2009 August 10, 05:06:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...and once again I am stung by the fucking Launcher. I opened it earlier while I was replacing and moving files and things and the version did say 1.4.6.00002 (the patch was successful because I saw the successful plumbob screen). BUT, I ran into some other problem, something to do with Riverview not showing up in the drop down, and some where in switching files or something, I don't know.

I haven't opened the Launcher since then but I just opened it (8/9/09 @ 12:45AM) and SOME HOW SOME WHERE the version reverted to the first game version, the very first version. I got a pop asking if I wanted to patch and I said YES. Then another message popped saying something like, "I see you have some files with the version 1.4.6.00002 already. So you do not need this patch because it is already installed. BUT would you, perhaps, like to install it anyway?" I said YES. And now it's done. Game is back working, along with my beloved AwesomeMod.

Conclusion: the Launcher is like a retarded dog you just wanna kick, but is so cute you can't help but love it.

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
TwoToot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009 August 10, 05:46:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or you cound not use the crapsure and get the installer replacement tool, and run the direct exe (for the game and updates) <_<
Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2009 August 10, 06:44:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or you cound not use the crapsure and get the installer replacement tool, and run the direct exe (for the game and updates) <_<

I used a standalone patcher to begin with. I use the 3Viewer and Delphy's Multi Pack Installer on a regular basis. Not everything works with those tools. Sometimes you have to suck it and use the, Crapsure...did you say?

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009 August 10, 13:54:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What version info is it giving? Where are you getting the patch from, the launcher/EA updater or direct download? If the latter, which link/file are you using? If you run the launcher, what version of the game does it say you have in the lower left corner?

I'm going to jot down my findings to help other people with possible mod interaction problems.

Why did you quote Motoki asking for information and then not give any of the information that was asked for?

INFP or something
Blaze Ives
Asinine Airhead

I'm in yo forum eating yo white boxes with red x's

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: 2009 August 14, 00:18:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know if this has been answered but...

i have the same crash too.

and it all started when i updated it!

But when i updated it the crash started. I fear my deleed CC is haunting me and some mentioned that the ones in our mod folder are only backups...where is the real files?

Ur mum lulz :]
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009 August 14, 18:52:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

some mentioned that the ones in our mod folder are only backups...where is the real files?

Whoever told you this is incorrect; the files in your Mods folder are the real files.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Blaze Ives
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2009 August 14, 21:27:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

some mentioned that the ones in our mod folder are only backups...where is the real files?

Whoever told you this is incorrect; the files in your Mods folder are the real files.
oh I see, my game continues to crash though. I even deleted my mods...ALL OFF THEM.

Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009 August 14, 21:33:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you delete your caches?  They can contain temporary copies of your CC, which are used even when you've deleted all of your mods.

You say that the crash started when you updated "it".  What did you update, AwesomeMod?  Is your game patched to 1.3 or 1.4?
« Last Edit: 2009 August 14, 21:43:35 by Mootilda » Logged

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Blaze Ives
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: 2009 August 14, 21:58:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you delete your caches?  They can contain temporary copies of your CC, which are used even when you've deleted all of your mods.

You say that the crash started when you updated "it".  What did you update, AwesomeMod?  Is your game patched to 1.3 or 1.4?
I Deleted the caches to make way for 3booter which i thought would help

No Patch

and Yes, I updated the AwesomeMod

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: