More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 18:55:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Weird Crash --- can't find any sort of solution.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Weird Crash --- can't find any sort of solution.  (Read 35194 times)
Daz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Weird Crash --- can't find any sort of solution.
« on: 2009 August 03, 23:57:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey everyone, I've been searching foreverrr for a solution to this, but I can't find one that 100% applies to me and solves my problem.  Well, my game crashes to the desktop every time I get to the main menu and choose my neighborhood. It won't even try to load the neighborhood, it automatically closes.  It's not random or anything it does it every single time and I've restarted the game about 50 times at least, and it always finishes loading at the first screen.  I have the 1.3 patch and I play from the CD.  My game is not a crack.  I have tried installing enablescripterror and it didn't fix anything either, so I deleted it and still no good. I've deleted the caches about a billion times and still nothing. It's absolutely driving me insane! I have been everywhere and nothing has been a help.
 Thank you so much Smiley
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Weird Crash --- can't find any sort of solution.
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 04, 00:11:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It has been talked about many, many, MANY times here in numerous other threads.

DO NOT USE THE SCRIPTERROR package. It does NOT fix anything. It never did. It never will. It ONLY gives a log of some errors. If you are not a coder or reporting your findings back to one it will do you zero good and in fact has been reported to cause problems for people with the patch.

Again, if you don't have a specific reason for using it, don't use it!

As for the crash, I have seen 80 bazillion people kermitflailing on and on about it but I have yet to come across anyone who claims to know the reason for it. I and many other of us are not getting it.

First off are you using PC or Mac version? If the latter I have no clue about Mac and cannot speak for it.

What I would try is taking out ALL custom content. Everything.

Move your resource.cfg and mods folder somewhere. Move your My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 folder somewhere.

See if you can still get the game to start. Don't worry about your saves just try a new neighborhood.

If that works then something you downloaded is causing the issue. If not maybe it's a bad patch job, I don't know.

Next time try to search as probably every 5th post here lately is about this particular issue.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Daz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 04, 00:24:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I knew about the scripterror, but I heard it occasionally solved an issue, so I thought by trying it no harm done.

I am using a PC and I have already tried taking out all custom content (which is only hair) and the Resource.cfg

It won't even let me create a new neighborhood without closing down.

Most people who had this issue, that I saw did NOT have the patch, but I do...so that's why I posted. 
Sorry for the annoyance. I really didn't mean to just take up space.  Again, the ones I saw didn't have the same things that applied to me.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 04, 00:39:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are getting crashes on the base game patch with absolutely no mods or custom content running then it is not an awesomemod issue and you probably should inquire with EA support or at sims3.com or modthesims.info etc.

Daz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 04, 00:41:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, the base game works absolutely perfectlyy.
wildbill
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 04, 06:26:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the base game is working absolutely perfectly then the answer to your problem is obvious. It has to be your cc. Try placing your cc back in the game one package at a time until you narrow it down to the one that is causing the crash. Then you'll know.
Daz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 04, 14:26:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've already done that, too :/ My game works fine with all my cc, and without it, but when I download the awesome mod (with or without cc) my game no longer works.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 04, 17:03:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've already done that, too :/ My game works fine with all my cc, and without it, but when I download the awesome mod (with or without cc) my game no longer works.

You are telling me your game runs fine w/o awesomemod, with awesomemod and no other mods or custom content whatsoever it doesn't work?

Did you take everything else out of your mods folder and also yank out the entire My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/ folder? You can't just take out the downloads because those are only backups. It stores them in the DCCache and backups in the DCBackup etc.

It also is doing this even if you try to start a new game and not restore a save?

You are using the latest version of Awesomemod? (It's updated a lot) Have definitely patched your game to 1.3 and the patching was successful? I know you said you got the patch but just clarifying.

If that truly is the case then there must be something wrong with your configuration because it's working for us and we cannot reproduce that.

DentedLemons
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 05, 00:24:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the exact same issue. Crashes to the desktop as soon as I choose a neighborhood with Awesomemod installed. Without it, all works fine. I've tried numerous times, and it is absolutely consistent. Thought I might have a corrupted file and I've tried re-downloading. Crash is always the same. Crashes both with and without my custom config file.

I always clear out my caches between taking out / putting in awesome too.

I just uninstalled and reinstalled the game, because I wanted to go back to my game before the horrible 1.3 patch. So I'm patched up to 1.2 or whatever it was. I was plenty happy with my game before that patch so I'm trying to get back there.

I really do not want to play without awesome. Sad
danaemichele
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 05, 00:31:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the exact same problems.
Exact.
And I, too, have reverted back to just the 1.2.7 patch because the 1.3 was awful.
I really don't know what to do....
bottles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 05, 01:00:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just uninstalled and reinstalled the game, because I wanted to go back to my game before the horrible 1.3 patch. So I'm patched up to 1.2 or whatever it was. I was plenty happy with my game before that patch so I'm trying to get back there.
And I, too, have reverted back to just the 1.2.7 patch because the 1.3 was awful.

Are you using current awesomemod with the 1.2.7 game? Don't do that.

DentedLemons
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 August 05, 01:12:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Er.. seriously? Sad I guess no awesome for me then. My game was completely unplayable after 1.3 patch. I will not put it back on till all the stupid standing around is cleared up one way or another - it took hours just to make a meal or do a little gardening.

Does anyone have an old copy of awesomemod from just before the 1.3 patch?
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 August 05, 01:43:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Er.. seriously? Sad I guess no awesome for me then. My game was completely unplayable after 1.3 patch. I will not put it back on till all the stupid standing around is cleared up one way or another - it took hours just to make a meal or do a little gardening.

Does anyone have an old copy of awesomemod from just before the 1.3 patch?
The old version wouldn't work anyway since it is expired.
DentedLemons
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 August 05, 10:59:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I guess I'm toast either way then.  Cry thanks all.

Doesn't fix the person who started the thread tho, they have the newest patch.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 August 05, 17:01:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only other things I can think of are Daz thought the patch went through but it actually errored out on something and didn't, there's some lingering conflicting file still somewhere, or there's something particular about Daz's specific configuration that the rest of us don't have that is causing the problem. Thing is, we can't solve something we can't reproduce.

To Daz or anyone else having this issue and who has patched check your TS3.exe file located here C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Right click on it, select properties (the last option on the menu) and then look and see if the file and date information match this:

Then go to the Version tab at the top and see if your version info matches this:

If you patched successfully all that info should match.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 05, 18:36:45 by Motoki » Logged

ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 August 05, 17:51:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Daz, the last resort is always reinstalling the game. Maybe a file became corrupted.

I'm just curious, what operating system do you have?
Daz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 August 05, 18:21:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok  I compared the properties for my Sims 3 to the picture of what it should be, and apparently it looks like my patches didn't download right.  My computer won't let me download the patches from the Download Manager so I have to always find the manual links to download it so I guess it apparently didn't patch it correctly.  

My verison says it's version 0.0.0.11195 which severely needs to be updated.  Does anyone have a link to the patches that will actually download correctly?

EDIT: I have also already reinstalled the game, and still doesn't work :/

Also I have gotten the patch links from MTS and it still won't update my game...what do I do now?
« Last Edit: 2009 August 05, 18:30:24 by Daz » Logged
bottles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 August 05, 18:28:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have experienced this crash on my game, where you select a save game or a new game, and it CTDs.

I have a Mac.

My crash has additional things, though:

When I have all my CC in except patterns, the game makes it to the choose a game crash. With patterns, it hangs on the black screen before the intro starts. I sorta think that may be a problem with too much CC, because I checked, and they are all patterns. I took one out that I noticed was something.beauty.package instead of just .package, but that didn't help any. It just seems odd that only ~500 patterns would kill my game.

Anyway, when I made it to the choose a save game screen, I tried to make a new neighborhood, but Riverview was unavailable. According to the launcher, it's installed, and I found its file in the SavedWorlds folder.

I reinstalled the game and repatched up to 1.3, and that has fixed exactly nothing.

Removing all CC fixed the CTD, but Riverview is still not showing up for me.
Removing awesomemod and keeping all other CC (except my patterns) fixed the CTD, but Riverview is still not showing up for me.
Removing all CC except awesomemod fixed the CTD, but Riverview is still not showing up for me.

So my Riverview problem is a vanilla issue, and my choose neighborhood screen CTD appears to be a CC conflict issue.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 August 05, 18:34:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Daz: What version of the game do you have? US English or Worldwide?

0.0.011195 is the base unpatched game so your attempt at patching definitely didn't take.

Get this file for Worldwide:

http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/sims3_1.3.24.00002_from_1.0.631.00002.exe

Or this one for US English:

http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/sims3_1.3.24.00001_from_1.0.631.00001.exe

Watch the patching program carefully to see if it errors out and if so look for a log to see what file is the problem or just use Delphy's patch log viewer

Remember, if you changed or removed any file from the original base game install the patch may complain and refuse to install. This includes but not limited to, no-cd cracks, some versions of the censor blur removal, camera changes, possibly even removing default library families or mp3s or any of that.

Daz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 August 05, 18:38:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I finally have updating my game successfully.  I'm now going to try the awesome mod, and pray that it works.

EDIT: IT WORKS! Cheesy Thank you so much Motoki! I owe you one biggg time. I was seriously considering to quit playing Sims 3 if it hadn't have worked.  Oh my goodness, thank you, I really appreciate it. Smiley
« Last Edit: 2009 August 05, 18:44:38 by Daz » Logged
Edana ni Emer
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 August 06, 18:06:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got the same weird crash issue:  Previous version of Awesomemod worked fine.  Got the "UPDATE YOU MORON" message, updated.  Game would then load, but when I tried to choose a savegame or create a new one, the game crashed to desktop with no warning (though I could choose to copy a game with no problem).  Deleted caches, no effect. reinstalled game, no effect but I had forgotten to delete the leftover folders.  Reinstalled game again, tried running game with a cracked .exe and without Awesomemod, game worked fine.  Replaced cracked .exe with original, tried putting Awesomemod back in, crash to desktop when I tried to choose a neighborhood.

From what I can tell, it's something AM-related. But only with the new one, the old one worked fine.  I'm patched and have no other CC.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 August 07, 06:12:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Be absolutely certain you updated. That behavior is symptom of running an old version of the game with the current version of awesomemod.

Look at the images above and check your TS3.exe in the C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin directory and be sure the properties on it match those in the picture. If you aren't showing File Version 0.2.0.18, DEBUG version 2009-07-23-1859 (by codebuilder on SIMS-BUILD124) then your patch did not take and you need to patch again and make sure it goes through this time.

Edana ni Emer
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 August 07, 16:28:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I've run the updater *three times*, every time I do it says the game is already patched... but the .exe info never matches up with what you've shown.  I'm working off the Razor1911 version.

Edit: And I've run the patch log reader, and it says everything installed successfully.  WTF?   Huh
« Last Edit: 2009 August 07, 16:35:34 by Edana ni Emer » Logged
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 August 07, 16:34:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What version info is it giving? Where are you getting the patch from, the launcher/EA updater or direct download? If the latter, which link/file are you using? If you run the launcher, what version of the game does it say you have in the lower left corner?

Edana ni Emer
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 August 07, 16:47:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, finally figured it out.  I'd skipped a patch.  >.<  I hadn't even known that the new one was out, I was still using the last one.  *facepalm*
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: