More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 17:10:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Sims 3 Hates my Skin Choices?!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims 3 Hates my Skin Choices?!  (Read 5610 times)
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
Sims 3 Hates my Skin Choices?!
« on: 2009 August 03, 00:15:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded the Aikea Guinea Male Full Body Barbie Skin replacement, and I already know where to put it (root sims3/mods/packages), I also have the Installer Monkey installed.
But my problem is it's not showing. I had a skin on before for the male, papercat's, and I deleted the file and deleted the CAS caches, which I beleive there's three cache files that people say you have to delete for it to show but so far the papercat skin is still on there! I've tried mulitple times to delete them and restart the game or/and redownload the Aikea skin and restart the game but everytime the papercat skin is still there!

ANY? Ideas, I'm really getting impatient with it...  Angry
« Last Edit: 2009 August 03, 00:27:17 by deathsoup » Logged
asmadasrabbits
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Sims 3 Hates my Skin Choices?!
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 03, 00:36:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does it show up in CAS? If not, then you're doing something wrong. If it is, then are you certain you deleted simCompositorCache.package?
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 03, 00:52:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just restarted the game and went into CAS and it's still there. I know because of the papercat face has major freckles on the nose and the guy had major freckles on his nose.
I've deleted simCompositorCache multiple times. Now is that the only file I should delete? Because I was also deleting CAS Part Cache and Compositor Cache.

Krisan Thyme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 03, 02:25:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you've uninstalled the original skins you were using, and deleted the compositor caches.. the new skin should show up in CAS. If this isn't the case, you might want to double check that you properly uninstalled the original skin. Also, as far as the skins not showing up ingame correctly goes.. Try deleting the files under the "WorldCaches" folder. For some odd reason the game actually caches the skin textures on a Sim by Sim basis for each neighborhood.. As a result, old Sims would still show-up with the old skin you had installed, while only the new Sims you created in CAS or the freshly spawned Townies would have the new skin you installed. Deleting these cache files should force everyone to use the new skin, though.
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 04, 03:14:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well allright thanks so much for your help, it finally showed up Smiley I pretty much tried what you said and after a while it finally showed *falls out of chair from exhaustion*

For me I'm not really liking the new coding setup for TS3, it seems to be a lot of game coding (which others have said slows down finding mods). Not to mention you get one skin tone and the installing and uninstalling of cc is kind of sticky. But I'm not going back to TS2, I'd feel too left out. :/
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: