More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:51:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  TSR Merlin !!! (magicaly giving TSR information about your downloads?)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Merlin !!! (magicaly giving TSR information about your downloads?)  (Read 13284 times)
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
TSR Merlin !!! (magicaly giving TSR information about your downloads?)
« on: 2009 August 02, 22:32:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.thesimsresource.com/news/view-post/post/12559

I guess this is how TSR is going to start at tracking their downloads ...
chann
Corpulent Cretin

TS3: an "eye-opening tour de farce" (sic)

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR Merlin !!! (magicaly giving TSR information about your downloads?)
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 02, 22:51:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know about tracking...I'd have to err on the side of doubt because it basically looks like a TSR-branded version of 3Viewer. Of course, if it interacts at ALL with the Net there's reason for suspicion.
Fat D
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 02, 23:07:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know about tracking...I'd have to err on the side of doubt because it basically looks like a TSR-branded version of 3Viewer. Of course, if it interacts at ALL with the Net there's reason for suspicion.
Actually,
Credits: Jfade for development and Echo for letting us use her libraries.
it most likely is. Now did they buttrape the program or do we have a defector?

brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 03, 01:47:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am seeing buttrape and defector, but jfade does work with TSR, right?

I am curious about the framework they are referring to the program, not java. Isn't that from the free-community and where are the sharing that Thomass promised?  Internal blocking my ass, they are just practicing the same old bull.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
crunk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 03, 04:17:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would someone be willing to quote the text here? I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to rubberneck but doesn't want to go to TSR at all. (If I am the only one, nevermind...)
little_lark
Asinine Airhead

Smashing idiots with hammers since 1989

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 03, 04:23:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We are very proud to announce the beta of TSR Merlin. This will soon be your best friend when it comes to Custom Content and The Sims 3.

This tool lets you quickly and easily install custom content, mods and other creations in both .sims3pack and .package formats for The Sims 3. You can just as easily uninstall the same content through Merlin's easy to use Download Management facility.

To make installation safer you have the option to view the content of a file before you install it, giving you complete control over what you install into your game.

Points of note:

* It's very fast. Installing/uninstalling a .sims3package file takes seconds instead of up to a minute with the Sims 3 Launcher.
    * Supports both Mac and PC. Since Merlin is written in Java it supports both platforms, making sure noone is left behind. You will need the latest framework of Java available here: http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp.
    * Full preview of the content. You will see all contents of a package including images and every file included, making it easy to decide whether to install it into your game or not.
    * Keeping your downloads organized. With the Download Management facility you have full control over the content installed into your game.
    * On the first run the required framework for installing and using .package files is automatically completed, making sure all you need to worry about is what content to install or not.

Post beta feedback, questions and requests in our Merlin forums here: http://forums.thesimsresource.com/forumdisplay.php?f=690

Coming soon:

* Detailed information about installed content types, such as a Sim's traits, an object's behavior, a clothing type's age groups etc.
    * An icon in Downloads Management that indicates whether a file has been installed or not.
    * The possibility to install files using the right click option on a file.

Download the tool from here and read installation instructions here. Enjoy!

Credits: Jfade for development and Echo for letting us use her libraries.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 03, 05:08:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The odd thing is that most of these "tools" make things more difficult than it would be without them. I have a shit-ton of textures, a few custom hairs, custom skin, custom eyes, and some beta objects. Not once did I use Delphy's Monkey or 3Viewer. Drag-n-drop = not that hard. Merlin sounds like a hybrid of the two, with more pictures and unnecessary information.

Bleh.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 03, 05:21:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am curious about the framework they are referring to the program, not java. Isn't that from the free-community and where are the sharing that Thomass promised? 

I'm assuming that's just a fancy description of setting up the file structure for dummies so that you get the \Mods\Packages\ folders and whatnot.  In fact, this thing basically just looks like it's going to be a clone of 3Viewer, except with TSR's label slapped on it and only a half-assed incidental nod to jfade.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 03, 09:52:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, okay thanks, Rufio.

I guess that the ones that disagreed sharing with the free-community developers have told Thomass  (as he said in the MTS thread) to move on and forget about it.  I wouldn't be surprised, never had faith in that mularky.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
crunk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 03, 14:08:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks lark. I wouldn't be surprised if they think that releasing tools like this will get non-members to trust them and sign up. I know that for me, I started out at TSR from following a link on the official site, and never would have even heard of MTS except for needing to download the CEP and other tools in order for CC to work. By TSR cutting out the need for programs from other sites, they'll be cutting down on the number of sheep who have contact with the outside sims world, which in turn with increase profit and site growth for them. The less people need to leave TSR, the less people will learn about the booty, and the slimy things TSR has done.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: