More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 10:09:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Help with the Homeless
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Help with the Homeless  (Read 7213 times)
BooHooBooBoo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Help with the Homeless
« on: 2009 August 02, 07:10:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A family I'd like to play is listed in the homeless population.  Is there a way to get them into a house where I can control them?  I'm using the newest AM with the IS mod, and I do have the latest EA update installed.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Help with the Homeless
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 02, 07:34:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try searching this topic before starting a new thread? There's plenty of information on this, if you'd bother to look for it.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
BooHooBooBoo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 02, 08:16:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try searching this topic before starting a new thread? There's plenty of information on this, if you'd bother to look for it.

Yes, thanks, I did.  I wasn't finding what I was looking for.  Can you guide me?
Tenjho
Blathering Buffoon

ENTP. Shall I run now?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 02, 08:31:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You didn't search properly. Took me 5secs to find the information.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15885.0.html

Don't do half arsed work and expect someone here to do it for you.

The wolves will eat you next time.

What\'s the use of happiness? It can\'t buy you money.
minidoxigirli
Feckless Fool

ESFP- I'm a speshul snowflake

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 02, 08:31:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You gotta search from the main page.  Maybe that was the confusion.

My claim to Sims fame?  I was featured as a Sims 2 fan on an MTV show about The Urbz.  I'm badass like that.
BooHooBooBoo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 02, 09:20:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You didn't search properly. Took me 5secs to find the information.

Don't do half arsed work and expect someone here to do it for you.

The wolves will eat you next time.

Thanks for the assistance.  It's appreciated.  Obviously I didn't search correctly.  Not that I was expecting anyone to do my work for me.  I just thought some knowledgeable simmer might be willing to help me out.  My bad, eh?

Thanks again.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 02, 10:00:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You perhaps (hopefully) already found it, but this thread is a good place to start.

If the methods outlined there don't work for you then read through the rest of the thread (it's not very long) as at least one alternate method is discussed.

Also be advised that Indie Stone has been reported to cause mass quantities of homeless. I don't know if they are fixing this issue or when but you may want to check into it further on their board at ModTheSims.

One thing you can do to try and prevent that is to not have any sim families in your library bin, not even the defaults. Delete any custom families in your bin (make a copy somewhere else if you want) and also the families in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Library (Baker, Funke, Glover-Wozny, Lum, Martinez and Williams).

NOTE: It has been reported by multiple people that they could not patch with these families removed and had to restore them back to their original directory. Do not delete them but rather move them to another directory so you have the option to move them back at a later date if some future patch gets picky.

Or you could wait for the Awesomemod update with Awesome Story Mode due out very soon.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
BooHooBooBoo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 02, 11:22:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You perhaps (hopefully) already found it, but this thread is a good place to start.

Or you could wait for the Awesomemod update with Awesome Story Mode due out very soon.

An Awesomemod update with Awesome Story Mode?  Now, that sounds truly Awesome!

So far, nothing I tried from the thread worked, but I found one family who still had a friendship with the homeless family.  I invited the father over, had him move in with his whole family, and seriously borked my game  LOL.  When I tried to move the "new" family into a house, they took all the old family's furniture and money, and for a while, it was a mess.  

After a restart everything seems fine except that I have one very poor family.  I'm blaming it on their poor investment strategies, and in time, they'll recover.  But I'm not going to make any further attempts at bringing back any homeless families.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: