More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 04:05:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Custom eyebrows
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Custom eyebrows  (Read 14061 times)
Cmar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Custom eyebrows
« on: 2009 August 01, 19:12:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's three sets of eyebrows: Vulcan/Spock/Elf brows, no brows at all, and 'jewel' brows done mostly as an experiment. These were judged Not Worthy by MTS (poor quality and 'not useful') so I would appreciate any criticisms and suggestions. They are new and will not replace any of the game eyebrows.

Elf and None brows are all ages. Jewel are teen/YA/Adult. The jewel brows must be colored a very light color in-game or they'll look like ugly dark blobs.

http://timelinefiction.net/pictures/Brows/CMAR_eyebrows.zip
Larku
Corpulent Cretin

Why is a raven like a writing-desk?

View Profile
Re: Custom eyebrows
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 01, 20:55:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They look okay.

Never heard of MTS turning down content though... Sorry to hear that.
minidoxigirli
Feckless Fool

ESFP- I'm a speshul snowflake

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 01, 21:20:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MTS turned down a house I made that I thought was spectacular.  The one I did get approved required three rounds of changes to the screenshots before they accepted it. 

I'm not crazy about the gem ones- they're a little big.  Smaller and more gems would look better.  But the rest of them are good.

My claim to Sims fame?  I was featured as a Sims 2 fan on an MTV show about The Urbz.  I'm badass like that.
SIMplyLisa
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 01, 21:45:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the Spock ones but will pass on the gems.  MTS's are idiots!
Roxxy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 01, 23:13:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Considering these are not default replacements, It think with a little bit of tuning they could be useful to people creating unique sims.  I also think the Jewelled/dots need to be smaller slightly.

A high post count, proves nothing... your behaviour and actions speak much louder.
Larku
Corpulent Cretin

Why is a raven like a writing-desk?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 02, 00:30:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it's because I think you can turn the eyebrows to almost look like the Vulcan ones in game as is.
And that maybe the gem one didn't look so good to them?

Eh, Still hard to believe MTS is being picky like that. Never knew that.
crunk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 02, 00:57:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MTS has a history of being slightly prejudiced against "alternative" uploads. How much neon do you see there, for example? I'd pimp these out at GOS if I were you.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 02, 02:47:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, MTS is pretty picky sometimes, but then it's amazing what actually is allowed sometimes.  I mean, I have found some pretty useless and argueably low-quality stuff on there.

The vulcan brows look cool, but since we don't have pointed ears, I don't think I'd use them.  They don't look "low quality" to me, though.  As for the jewel ones, I agree with the others: smaller ones would look nicer.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Cmar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 02, 13:16:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the comments, guys. I see what you mean about the jewel brows and I'll probably just drop them; they were just a whim. (One that took a lot of time and work, but still a whim.) I didn't realize you could almost make Vulcan brows in the game. BTW, I have a couple of ideas for making pointy ears as well.

I might try for a set of varied realistic brows. When making Sims to look like a couple of actors, I thought none of the provided brows was really close.

Gotta say, I'm still baffled how these are less useful than a lot of the stuff I see on MTS.
jmtmom
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 02, 14:39:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad to have the no eyebrow option. That alone should have made it MTS worthy.
witchzenka
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 02, 18:41:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MTS2 judged my George Raft Sim unworthy the same week they accepted pretty much the scariest Hugh Laurie I've ever seen.  *shrugs*
I love the Spock brows.  That child's scary as heck with them, and that's what my neighborhood needs, more creepy children.  (They're also perfect for my Elves.)
Roxxy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 August 07, 23:46:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess the mods had a change of mind, as I noticed today there is a 'no eyebrow' look available for download.   I think more styles and even defaults to the existing one's would be more than welcome by the community.

A high post count, proves nothing... your behaviour and actions speak much louder.
Eva
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 August 08, 00:05:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey! I think your Spock eyebrows are absolutely great. Love them!

Your Spock brows were just showcased on this blog, by the way:
http://bestsims3finds.blogspot.com/
You're famous!
Cmar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 August 10, 21:16:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eva: Thanks for pointing me to that! Cool!

Roxxy: Yeah, I saw that. It's what got me to protest the rejection. Not aimed at the creator who uploaded the shaved brows - totally not her fault. At the MTS mods who (it turns out) rejected the entire upload because they didn't like the jeweled brows, and gave a completely misleading reason. I would like an apology, that's all. And I'm going to pout until I get one.
BobDob
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 August 10, 21:39:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I had to guess, there are a few artifacts in there that make it seem a tad bit unnatural, like they were painted on.  In the second picture of the little blonde boy, there's an uneven dark region or indentation near the inner part of the eyebrow that looks like a cut and paste or cloning tool gone awry.  And, in the third picture, some of the top edge isn't even with a few small blobs sticking out that makes it look a bit unnatural.  Those things seem pretty minor, but that's what I would guess they were looking at.

I've attached a picture with the areas that I was looking at circled.  Hope that helps.

* eyebrows.rar (20.87 KB - downloaded 213 times.)
Cmar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 August 13, 21:40:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see what you mean, and will try to improve those areas.
AlexanderMorgan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 August 19, 18:23:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow what cool eyebrows. I'm defo gonna place a vulcan or two in the hood. High logic skill goes without saying of course lol. Great work. Don't blink about MTS. Many of the original creators of that site are retired nowadays and the site is being ran by 12 year old schoolgirls with a shitty criteria for quality. I still visit the site but sure as hell never gonna post my creations in there again. I used to make awesome presentations there, but ever since the girlies took over i just mooch downloads Cheesy Again thanx for the share Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: