More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:50:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  I CANNOT install the new patch (1.3) UPDATE: skuversion.txt
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I CANNOT install the new patch (1.3) UPDATE: skuversion.txt  (Read 62855 times)
leopoldstotch
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
I CANNOT install the new patch (1.3) UPDATE: skuversion.txt
« on: 2009 August 01, 15:13:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I run the setup, all goes well until the very end when it says 'invalid file' and forces me to close it without finishing the procession.

WTF?? I really want to play Sims 3, and I know AM isn't compatible if you don't have the new patch...

Help would be nice. And btw, my copy of the game is ARR'ed and for some reason I couldn't download from EA.com (perhaps because I signed up 'without an account'?) so I had to try to download somewhere else.

EDIT: I did uninstall AM before trying to set up the new patch. I'm frustrated as I've tried fruitlessly to bypass my game crashes and I haven't deleted any EA-made families except the annoying couple in the expensive beach house who loved partying. They weren't in the bin and I didn't modify the camera.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 02, 14:35:28 by leopoldstotch » Logged
Leticron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: I CANNOT install the new patch (1.3)
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 01, 15:28:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The failing patch process has nothing to do with AM or any other MOD. It's all about altered original files which fail the CRC-test.
Find your most recent rtpatch.log, read it, understand it, act accordingly.

-le
« Last Edit: 2009 August 01, 15:35:50 by Leticron » Logged
leopoldstotch
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 01, 15:32:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only patch I'd installed was inside of my Razor folder, named Final Version. I'm sorry but I'm not good at this shit so... Can someone spoonfeed me the instructions like a good little kid?  Cry
lilmissmanderson
Asinine Airhead

as lazy as a rug on vallium

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 01, 15:38:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can someone spoonfeed me the instructions like a good little kid?  Cry

Not likely.  Did you patch to 1.2 first?  I would assume you need to.
cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 01, 15:39:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't even find the patch on the sims3 website!  But I'm still experiencing the same problem as everyone else.

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
leopoldstotch
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 01, 15:40:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, alright then.
I'm seriously contemplating moving my Mod folder somewhere else as it might just be a mod there I can't find right now that is conflicting with the download....

EDIT: Motherfucker! It actually said Invalid File when I was trying to install patch 1.2.
mieley
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 01, 15:41:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was having the same exact problem so I called EA and found out that the patch is no good. The representative told me that I should just ignore the patch because they are working on a new one. Hope this helps.
leopoldstotch
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 01, 15:46:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really? Hmm, I don't know if the new patch would install on my computer anyway as my Sims 3 game is so fucking buggy that I cannot even install items via the launcher, only using the monkey installer unless its a TS3.package file anyway  Roll Eyes

This is so irritating. Perhaps Pescado would make it so we don't need to install this new patch but I really, really doubt that. Someone said he wouldn't, so... Whatever?
Leticron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 01, 15:59:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...Motherfucker! It actually said Invalid File when I was trying to install patch 1.2.
Leave your Mod folder alone. You don't get it,right? There are altered files in your installation which are rejected by the installer. Of course if 1.2 already chokes there is no way in hell, 1.3 would run through smoothly.
That leaves you with 2 options: either identify and acquire the files in question (that's why you're suppose to read rtpatch.log) or go out and buy an original TS3 DVD.

-le
leopoldstotch
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 01, 16:05:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, then, I will. At the risk of sounding 12, if you will... Where can I find this log?

Answer first, flame later please  Cheesy
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 01, 16:15:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, did a search on rt.patch.log and look at all the results of threads with the instructions written over and over again, something you so desired?

Please use search, MOAR!

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
leopoldstotch
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 August 01, 16:45:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm? I did search for this, but no results came up. I'll be trying again.

I honestly have no idea of what rt.patch is, and I've searched every subfolder in my Sims 3 folder and even on the internet. Nothing. I guess I'll have to wait until someone else's topic has an answer posted to it that will help me aswell.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 August 01, 17:25:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay let's try this approach. Have you downloaded the no censor blur patch? Anything that messes with the camera? Otherwise any sort of 'mod' that was not a .package file (ie it replaces a game file).

Do you have a nocd crack?

If you modified any file from the original install then you need to restore the original file. Like if you used a cracked TS3.exe and TS3Host.dll then you need to put back the ones that were there before you put the crack in.

Honestly, if you still have the original install disc/files I would just reinstall the game. You'll still have your saves as long as you choose to keep them when it prompts you when you uninstall.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
leopoldstotch
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 August 01, 17:29:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gotcha. Will be trying those, thanks.  Smiley

And Update:
I found the rt.patch file and it said, "  Applying DFC Update for 'Game\Bin\skuversion.txt'
  DFC Update Complete!
  Applying DFC Update for 'Game\Bin\TS3.exe'
  DFC Update Complete!
  Applying DFC Update for 'Game\Bin\GraphicsCards.sgr'
  DFC Update Complete!
  Applying DFC Update for 'Game\Bin\GraphicsRules.sgr'
  DFC Update Complete!
  Applying DFC Update for 'Game\Bin\Default.ini'
  DFC Update Complete!
  Applying DFC Update for 'Game\Bin\Sims3.ini'
  DFC Update Complete!
  Applying DFC Update for 'Game\Bin\Sims3Launcher.ini'
  DFC Update Complete!"

Anyone kind enough to tell me what this could mean?
And I have long since overwritten the original .exe and dll.host files (as was instructed in the Razor torrent) so is there a download to retrieve the originals?

I have not downloaded the no censor patch; What I do have installed is the Delphy's Slider hack, Ingredient Override from MTS2, a set of default skins/eyes, hairs... I think AM is the only 'mod' I had on it but hey, I'm computer illiterate.  Lips sealed

Plus. I also found a whole set of rt.patch files in folders like.. C2457-C40569 or whatever the hell they were named. I also found a Disk1 file but couldn't open it. After searching I found a Sims 3 Forum thread about this but the instructions seemed vague and pointless. :||||

Is this the faulty file?
Applying DFC Update for 'Game\Bin\skuversion.txt'
Error: err0031 - Invalid file found

If so, how to get that shit off?
« Last Edit: 2009 August 01, 17:41:57 by leopoldstotch » Logged
leopoldstotch
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 August 01, 18:27:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Due to my bad luck I also cannot reinstall, the Uninstall setup pulled the 'Program is still in use' bullcrap.

Shocked
So, How do I fix the ... Corrupt file or whatever the hell it is (:
Leticron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 August 01, 18:32:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now you're on the right track. In case you have multiple rtpatch.log files only the most recent one counts. The oddly named folders are the reason why nobody could give you an exact location.
I suggest, you get the BIN.rar from witch
and replace the faulty files from there. If the patch process already chokes so early in the process there will be more "defective" files

And remember : Double posting is BAD
leopoldstotch
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 August 01, 18:47:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks. Hehe, and I forgot about the double posting! -feels like a noob- Thanks for reminding  Wink

It really wasn't choking on it so early though, fortunately, the fact it died on me when it was 99 percent complete tells me the sku. file was the only faulty one but I'm not sure....

UPDATE: It says access is denied and I got the error file on Bin.rar. Hmm... I'll need to try again. I honestly am not sure why there are so many problems. If I didn't have common sense I'd have been paranoid EA was out to get me by now.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 August 01, 19:03:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gotcha. Will be trying those, thanks.  Smiley

And Update:
I found the rt.patch file and it said, "  Applying DFC Update for 'Game\Bin\skuversion.txt'
  DFC Update Complete!
  Applying DFC Update for 'Game\Bin\TS3.exe'
  DFC Update Complete!
  Applying DFC Update for 'Game\Bin\GraphicsCards.sgr'
  DFC Update Complete!
  Applying DFC Update for 'Game\Bin\GraphicsRules.sgr'
  DFC Update Complete!
  Applying DFC Update for 'Game\Bin\Default.ini'
  DFC Update Complete!
  Applying DFC Update for 'Game\Bin\Sims3.ini'
  DFC Update Complete!
  Applying DFC Update for 'Game\Bin\Sims3Launcher.ini'
  DFC Update Complete!"

Anyone kind enough to tell me what this could mean?
And I have long since overwritten the original .exe and dll.host files (as was instructed in the Razor torrent) so is there a download to retrieve the originals?

I have not downloaded the no censor patch; What I do have installed is the Delphy's Slider hack, Ingredient Override from MTS2, a set of default skins/eyes, hairs... I think AM is the only 'mod' I had on it but hey, I'm computer illiterate.  Lips sealed

Plus. I also found a whole set of rt.patch files in folders like.. C2457-C40569 or whatever the hell they were named. I also found a Disk1 file but couldn't open it. After searching I found a Sims 3 Forum thread about this but the instructions seemed vague and pointless. :||||

Is this the faulty file?
Applying DFC Update for 'Game\Bin\skuversion.txt'
Error: err0031 - Invalid file found

If so, how to get that shit off?

It means somewhere along the way your either modified those lists of files or downloaded some mods that replaced or modified them.

Anytime you mess with a mod that is not a .package and in some way shape or form modifies or replaces an original file the game installed always make a backup copy.

The patches are very picky and expect all the files in the games directory to be the same versions it expects in a fresh install. If you even make minor tweaks to an ini file (a configuration text file that allows you to modify various settings) it will complain and refuse to install.

That razor patch in the directory updates 1.0.631.00002 to 1.0.632.00002. I'm not even sure it's necessary. It may do more harm than good. The first patch Sims3_1.2.7.00002_from_1.0.631.00002.exe and then the second one is sims3_1.3.24.00002_from_1.2.7.00002.exe. I don't even know if you can patch from 1.0.632.00002.

Again, if there is any way on god's green earth you can reinstall the damned thing, even if it means installing a second copy of the game to another directory and then moving your saves over, I would opt for that. You've modified too many files, perhaps have not backed them up, and are not tech savvy enough to wade through all the headache of getting it to work. You need a clean slate and DON'T mess with anything after you reinstall. Do a fresh install. Do not apply the razor patch, don't change anything. Apply the first patch, then apply the second patch. Then if and when you modify things afterwards keep a back up copy.

Also don't do unnecessary things. Don't get a nocd crack or a no censor mod if you are using awesome mod. It already provides that functionality without changing any of the games files. In general if at all possible stick with package mods and try not to mess with mods that change the game's original files unless you know what you are doing and make a backup copy.

leopoldstotch
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 August 01, 19:15:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I'm not exactly what you call tech savvy. I feel like I screwed up majorly...  Sad Sucks as I liked the Sims in that game but I knew something was wrong when the launcher would always stay at zero percent while installing sim.packages.

I'm now re torrenting Razor but I know it won't take too long. /facepalm I deleted both of the spots where I had the EA folders, although for some bizarre reason Sims 3 won't uninstall from Control Panels. I hope that doesn't influence a new Sims 3 download but I have the feeling it will... It never goes as I want, after all.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 August 01, 19:21:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well if you can't uninstall it but just delete the files then it's still going to leave entries in the Windows registry but hopefully it will let you reinstall.

leopoldstotch
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 August 01, 19:27:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If not, then how to do a hard reset or whatever it is called? I'm fairly young (NOT 12) and confused.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 August 01, 19:39:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If not, then how to do a hard reset or whatever it is called? I'm fairly young (NOT 12) and confused.

Reformat your hard drive and reinstall Windows? Well yes there's that but it's rather a drastic step to take. Tongue

leopoldstotch
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 August 01, 19:52:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks so much  Grin

This has been a big help. I'm going straight to AM and download a google'd 1.2 patch then 1.3 after reinstalling. I really hope this works out.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 August 01, 20:00:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Get the patches first then worry about Awesomemod.

Do NOT install the patch that comes with Razor. Just install the Razor version of the game itself.

1.2 patch

http://na.llnet.eadownloads.ea.com/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/Sims3_1.2.7.00002_from_1.0.631.00002.exe

1.3 patch

http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/sims3_1.3.24.00002_from_1.2.7.00002.exe

Or you can let the EA Download Manager via the Sims 3 Launcher do it. You don't need to log in or a CD in the drive to use it.

leopoldstotch
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 August 01, 20:14:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I earnestly hope that if possible, they can remove the faulty FV patch in the Razor torrent. I understand it was meant to use before the screwing-game-up official 1.3 patch came out, but now I'm unsure of their meaning/point and why they were there in the folder in the first place....

But thanks for the link! Although I know if I click the thank button a bleating sheep will come out at me on my screen. From lurking for awhile, I think I know what Pescado hides around  ..sometimes Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: