More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:21:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Patch ponderings...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Which version are you trying to patch:
Reloaded - 1 (1.1%)
Razor - 13 (14%)
Legally bought - 71 (76.3%)
Hybrid (bit's taken from all different versions) - 8 (8.6%)
Total Voters: 92

Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Patch ponderings...  (Read 25220 times)
gesine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Patch ponderings...
« Reply #25 on: 2009 August 01, 23:07:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Razor, installed both patches and many mods, no problems at all.
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 August 01, 23:20:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a legal version. I had to put in a copy of Rick's scripterror to get the patched game to load. (I have a Vista x64.)
Enelen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 August 01, 23:28:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

RLD, running smoothly now. Only problem was with the families, replaced them, the patch installed without error. Then I had the not aging problem and the route failures with the first compatible AM - Pescado admitted the not aging was AM's fault and corrected it - but with the newest AM the route failures went away, too.

Oh, and I had a brief problem with AM not working at all and game asking for CD, but I somehow managed to put another core mod in override... Roll Eyes

I'm inclined to agree with him that most all the errors are user created. 
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 August 01, 23:37:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to do the unthinkable and download the EA manager to get the patch to install on a nice fresh clean install of the game , otherwise it was bullshit.

Mooingloudly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 August 02, 01:10:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Legal and the only problems I had were my own Brain Cheese getting the better of me. I had forgotten I had a camera hack in. Once I had the new version of awesome mod things went swimmingly
gelfling
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 August 02, 01:30:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Legal: didn't have any problems installing the patch but did think something had gone wrong when I fired up the game having forgotten to remove the old copy of Awesome mod but it took .00001 seconds to realise and 2 seconds to fix.
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 August 02, 02:33:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Razor. I had problems after the patch and it absolutely was not due to incompetence. I solved it because of competence. It was the game that screwed itself up.
jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 August 02, 03:04:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Legally bought.  Booted fine after I removed the old incompatible mods.  Did not run well with the ISM/Awesome hybrid, and no wonder, because ISM wasn't updated yet.  Got two small errors* running just the AwesomeMod, and surprise surprise, they're still there in the unmodded story mode with AwesomeMod removed.  I'm lucky that the patch only broke two such minor things as far as I can tell.

*Sims that were seated upon saving, are standing and interpenetrating the seat they were in upon reloading, but escape just fine when told to move; and the little Opportunity notification tune sounds weird.  I am sure that others have found and reported these errors already, and have yet to look for any solutions, since I have bigger fish to fry at the moment.
Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 August 02, 03:10:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I originally had reloaded, but when I tried to patch up to 1.27 (or whatever it was called), it failed, no matter what I did, so I backed up my saves and CC and uninstalled it, replacing it with the Razor final version. From that I had no problem patching, but then again, the only mod I have in my game is Awesomemod, along with a little CC.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 August 02, 04:29:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

jwaas, the Awesome-compatible Indie Stone mod shouldn't have been affected by the patch, because it's not a core mod. It was probably just the usual voodoo that caused your game to run better after taking it out.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2009 August 02, 05:04:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Legal now (because before 1.2.7, I figured any potential patches might cause a BFBVFS situation with Reloaded, so I caved in and bought it).  I initially had problems because of my own stupidity, yes; I'd forgotten about a few altered ini files, but after replacing with the original files, I still had to uninstall and reinstall because the bastard kept hanging on the Launcher for whatever reason.  No big deal; I hadn't had to uninstall and reinstall a game because of corruption since the days of TS1, so it was just minor aggravation.  I've yet to see any of the freakish problems that people are reporting after patching.  Everything runs as smoothly as a baby's bottom.

Too many retards
cum heer n tipe jus liek dis
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

INTP, if you care about that.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 August 02, 05:36:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Razor.   Had no problems... I was lucky since I had previously replaced my changed files to the originals when tuning mods came out to get rid of the blur and awesomemod got rid of the cd check.
moondance
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 August 02, 07:56:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Razor. I had deleted the EA library sims, and had to return them to the library before the patch installed. Immediately after patching, I had to reset a batch of sims that were stuck in some kind of work/home limbo.  After that, no problems, *no issues, no pathing problems, no lag, no invisible sims, no obvious changes, other than the fact that random sims now visit the sims I'm playing.  I didn't necessarily want this, but whatever.

*Well, I wasn't having any issues, until tonight when I ran CCleaner, finally got around to letting some Vista updates install after putting it off for months, and upgraded my video drivers, which I had purposely not been updating because the older drivers worked better with TS2. I didn't add or delete anything from the game itself.  NOW I have what Pescado referred to as the "Old Car Syndrome" crash, after not having had that problem in weeks. The peculiarities of this game amaze me. 
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009 August 02, 09:46:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Razor. I had problems after the patch and it absolutely was not due to incompetence. I solved it because of competence. It was the game that screwed itself up.

It's amazing what a little competence will do. It doesn't necessarily take incompetence to cause a problem but it almost always takes competence to solve it.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009 August 02, 10:41:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally applied the patch tonight.  It worked fine.  I'm using the retail box version (arred), and the patch version that goes directly from base to 1.3 without the intermediate 1.2.7.

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009 August 02, 11:13:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Legal bought from legal shop. Installed on a computer without internet connection and I have to wait for downloadable versions from another computer. Never had problems.
All my claims are on the game self.
unknownlUser
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009 August 02, 16:40:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Razor with booty!!. Problems not with patching, but with playing the patched version.
Count
PajamaRick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009 August 02, 16:57:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Legal Copy here!!
Patch installed without any problems.  I did have one problem with the game hanging after the intro movie...but deleting all the cache files and (ironically) installing the updated enablescripterror.package solved it (Voodoo Debugging FTW)!  Cheesy
Alorana
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009 August 02, 17:50:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd been dreading patching my game, but this thread gave me the courage to finally give it a try this morning.  My razor copy patched just fine and is playing okay so far.  Even have a resurgence of wants on a couple of sims.  (Just running awesomemod/indi combo with a few CC items.)
Elanorea
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009 August 02, 18:35:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Legal. Haven't encountered any problems yet.
forbiddenjoy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: 2009 August 02, 18:37:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a legal version of SIMs 3 on two different computers. My original that my husband built played the game fine with all the patches and all of my CC. It lagged a little with settings on high when I played for many hours, not a big deal.

My husband built me a new system that looks like a tower full of fans. He built it with gaming in mind for me for my SIMs game. I have had a lot of problems getting it set up. It kept crashing and I went back to my old system while he worked on the new one again. Last week I installed it on the new system again. It worked fine with the first patch, but when I tried to add the second patch the game crashed before it would even load. I tried everything to remedy it but nothing worked. I did a reinstall - it would load until I tried to add the framework, then I got a red city. Again I tried everything other than throwing the kitchen sink at it - nothing worked and I reinstalled the game over and over yesterday (spent my entire day). I found out that my problems started with the framework, so I manually added the necessary files. The download Monkey works with my setup, so that's no problem. I loved the Awesome mod, it works wonderful on my other computer but it does nothing, and changes nothing on my new system. I wanted to try that IndieStone I have been reading about, but same thing. It's like my computer just ignores that it is there. The files were put in the right place. I'm too tired to see if the second patch will work, and I have no intention of messing with it as of now. I would like to actually play my game. I have had to start my legacy family over for the 3rd time now. I have had to reinstall it every time she finally was able to buy a toilet, a bed and a tub.

I don't understand it, because this system was built to play the Sims.  My old system met the requirements but my processor and graphics card are not nearly as good as my new one is suppose to be.

It's my wanting certain CC in my game that has caused my problems, not the patches themselves. My problems were done by me.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Those who are easily shocked...should be shocked more often\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" ~ Mae West
Cerridwen
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009 August 02, 18:46:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Legal copy - no core mods, several non core mods.  Never replaced any of the original game files, just .package files in my Mods folder.

Left my mods folder where it was- patch installed just fine.  

Only issue to report is now my music is hit or miss.  Before the patch, music would play in buy/build mode and the stero would play music.  Now its random.  One game load I had no music from the stereos or buy/build, I exited and reentered the game and this time I can hear the stero music but still no buy/build music.    
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009 August 03, 04:57:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hybrid.  Played the game for two weeks pre-release using one of the pirated versions, then replaced it with the legal version once it was released and I was assured SecuROM wouldn't get its sticky fingers in my hard drive.

I had two issues with patching, both were due to my own actions.
- The patch stalled on the missing Baker family so I had to unzip the library families.  I'd zipped them up when I removed them, in case they were needed when patching.
- I had to remove an outdated file to fix the "CTD upon attempt to load household" issue.  My fault - I should have removed enablescripterror before attempting to patch, as by the time I got around to patching I already knew it was outdated (and that there is an updated version should I still require the file).

Given the number of people who are reporting no problems or only user-caused problems, I would say that if people are having problems patching or running the game post-patch, then their problems are most likely caused by user error, and not by mods, EA, or the possible use of pirated versions.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
CharleeRose
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009 August 03, 12:08:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Legal - No problems.  I just moved any altered files off to my desktop and replaced them right from the disk.  Patch installed fine and I just plopped everything that would still work back where I wanted it.
Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009 August 03, 12:52:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Legal, put all modified/removed files back before patching, went nice and smooth and have had no problems whatsoever to date.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: