More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 21:18:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Patch ponderings...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Which version are you trying to patch:
Reloaded - 1 (1.1%)
Razor - 13 (14%)
Legally bought - 71 (76.3%)
Hybrid (bit's taken from all different versions) - 8 (8.6%)
Total Voters: 92

Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Patch ponderings...  (Read 25454 times)
jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Patch ponderings...
« Reply #50 on: 2009 August 03, 14:39:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

jwaas, the Awesome-compatible Indie Stone mod shouldn't have been affected by the patch, because it's not a core mod. It was probably just the usual voodoo that caused your game to run better after taking it out.
I see, I was thinking that maybe the non-core part of Indie Stone also needed updating.  Either way, I still see no problems to date besides the two extremely minor problems I mentioned earlier, and the occasional graphical glitch that occasionally happens anyway.  I have yet to run the patched game completely vanilla and see how that works.

I forgot to mention that the best bug that I got when running Awesome and IS together was when my family's 6 met himself at school.  Apparently something interpreted "Make genetic offspring from bin Sims and sometimes use them to populate the hood" as "Take the exact Sims in the bin and plop them in the hood as often as possible, multiple times, including copies of the playable Sims."

Not wanting my computer to turn into the fabled BFBVFS, I deleted that hood in a hurry and started over with Awesome alone, then with the unmodded story mode.

Finally, I had to respond to your post because it's the first time in months, maybe years, that I've seen both affected and it's spelled and used correctly in the same sentence on an internet forum.  I guess the high standards kept here, and the P&L engaged in when said standards aren't met, really do make a difference for the better.  Smiley
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Patch ponderings...
« Reply #51 on: 2009 August 03, 23:12:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I removed the ISM for the same reason you did. My 'hood wound up with multiples of the bin families that were exact clones of each other, both in houses and in the homeless bin. My game lagged like ass. Something had to go, so I deleted the clones and uninstalled ISM. Problem solved!

[/off-topic tangent]

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: