More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:24:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is this bad?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is this bad?  (Read 17017 times)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Is this bad?
« Reply #25 on: 2006 January 30, 19:58:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How can you tell?  All I can see is a bunch of tiny boxes and a bunch of lines.   Huh
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 January 30, 19:59:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How can you tell?  All I can see is a bunch of tiny boxes and a bunch of lines.   Huh

The top node is a pink square, the following nodes are two more pink squares and it spreads out from there.

Instant gratification takes too long.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 January 30, 20:09:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still need to do this. I'm scared.  Tongue
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 January 30, 20:28:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The top node is a pink square, the following nodes are two more pink squares and it spreads out from there.
Oh I see.  I wasn't looking at the colors.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 January 30, 20:30:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could barely make out colors, either. I see them now. *squints*
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 January 30, 23:17:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have re-ocurring nightmares about the family tree of my main family.  I've been trying to put it together for about a year now and each time it makes my brain sizzle.

This is about a quarter of it, at 4% zoom using a geaneology program....

Have you tried putting in the relationships that didn't end up with kids?  I started doing that and well, I can be quite silly at some times Cry.  On the plus side though, you must have some great stories with all of those relationships
Jorenne
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 January 31, 00:04:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is every sim, living or dead who has a familial link with anyone else on the tree whether through birth or marriage, even if no children were produced..  I started with Raisa and her twin daughters, Alesky and Tatyana on one side, and Louisa and Michael and their son, Cletus, on the other.

It wasn't too bad for a while.  But then Cletus married Natalija (Alesky's daughter) and she's a family sim, they have eight children together (two adopted) plus two Natty had from her first marriage, plus three Cletus had from his first marriage, plus four from an affair (Bad Clete)  It all went totally awry when Clete's oldest son, Sam, aged and became a romance sim.

To date Sam is onto Mrs Jones number four (that's just the one's he's married) and is the proud father of 26 children.
ebonyspiral
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 January 31, 21:54:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The mind boggles glancing at some of those trees!  Wink

This thread together with another about the Tricou family has inspired me to start a little in game mystery story, starring Mortimer Goth as the mad scientist/detective. I believe one of his ancesters in a Tricou. Anyway, this will no doubt lead to many zombies and confusion on my part...
Hmm, perhaps the premise needs a little work... but the bizarre pre-made families always draw me in...

FACT INTO DOUBT WON'T GO
agcons
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 February 01, 04:32:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to have to start mapping the family trees now, before things get out of hand.  I'm at the third generation in some families (Dustin and Beau have children), and so far only the Goths and Dreamers are connected by blood.  The Brokes and Pleasants are connected by marriage (Brandi and Mary-Sue), but there is no issue.  I'd rather not have anyone become his own gran'paw, if only to save my own sanity. 
cristalfiona
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 February 01, 09:52:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have family trees for the sims i play- although just done in paint and paint.net, as i cant really justify buying photoshop just for my sims family trees. Means they arent as good as the ones above, but it helps me keep track.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 February 02, 14:11:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, if you use my Lot Clock, you CAN keep track of date of birth. Tongue Even if you didn't note exactly when they were born, you can back-date them once you install the clock based on the listed age of the sim.

Lot Clock? How is it that I've never heard of this magical thing and why can't I find it ? Sad
Anyone?

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 February 02, 14:13:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's called the Lot Sync Timer (I'm not commenting on the rest of the name  Tongue), and it can be found here.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 February 02, 14:26:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's called the Lot Sync Timer (I'm not commenting on the rest of the name  Tongue), and it can be found here.

I'm a bit confused about what that actually does. If I use it, and it is installed in multiple homes, does that mean it is the same time on all of those lots? What is it synchronizing? What is the Matrix? Is there a spoon? Does a bear shit in the woods?

BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 February 02, 14:29:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the thread I linked, Odyssey has a really good explanation as to what exactly it is.

Quote from: Odyssey
Basically, it tells you how long you've been playing each lot, so you don't have to keep notes to stay in time sync. This is a very good thing for those of us with serious note taking issues. It's basically an auto note taker. If you want to keep your neighborhoods time sync-ified, this is very important, because otherwise you're liable to forget to note down day/play an extra day/ etc. and before you know it someone's kids are older than them.

And no, it's not the same time on the lots.  It's simply to help you synchronize your neighbourhood, so one family is not several generations old, and another started at the same time is still not out of the first gen toddler stage.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 February 02, 14:43:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the thread I linked, Odyssey has a really good explanation as to what exactly it is.

Quote from: Odyssey
Basically, it tells you how long you've been playing each lot, so you don't have to keep notes to stay in time sync. This is a very good thing for those of us with serious note taking issues. It's basically an auto note taker. If you want to keep your neighborhoods time sync-ified, this is very important, because otherwise you're liable to forget to note down day/play an extra day/ etc. and before you know it someone's kids are older than them.

And no, it's not the same time on the lots.  It's simply to help you synchronize your neighbourhood, so one family is not several generations old, and another started at the same time is still not out of the first gen toddler stage.

Ahh...see, even reading the f'ing manual I was confused. I get it...finally.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 February 03, 06:05:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't forget the cool feature allowing you to switch to a neighbor's house without going through the neighborhood screen.  Even with NL awesome new feature of clickable neighbor houses, I still have to scroll around sometimes trying to find the house I want.  This is better and automatically saves your game.  The only problem I have is with all the kids moving out and having the same last name as the parents now, so I have like 6 Goth households now, 3 Brokes, and 2 Williams, etc., and they haven't all graduated college yet.  I wish there was some way to keep track of that part.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 February 03, 07:02:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish there was some way to keep track of that part.

Theoretically, that's what the lot and family ID's are for.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 February 03, 07:11:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only problem I have is with all the kids moving out and having the same last name as the parents now, so I have like 6 Goth households now, 3 Brokes, and 2 Williams, etc., and they haven't all graduated college yet.  I wish there was some way to keep track of that part.

Do you use SimPe? If so, why don't you try renaming the households to something other than their surname but easy to remember. I've got 3 Tricou males in one household and I have called it "Tricou Boys".  I had Dirk move out of home & renamed his household "Dreamer II" so I know it is 2nd gen Dreamer etc

btw I love the neighbour house option as well. i spent half an hour once just flicking between houses - not out of any need but because I could Smiley
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 February 03, 08:08:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish there was some way to keep track of that part.

Theoretically, that's what the lot and family ID's are for.
Yeah I know, but I can't remember all those numbers.  I'd have to end up writing them down, and that would be more paper cluttering my desk to keep up with.  Tongue  I might have to try renaming them in SimPE, if I can think of some brief, descriptive names.  I have started combining families, like one house has a brother and sister married to another brother and sister they were best friends with in college, if that makes sense.  Maybe I could name their house Goth-Rose or something like that.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: 2006 February 03, 10:45:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really wish there was a chance to rename households before moving them into the neighbourhood-it would be so much easier to keep track of who is who.

flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 February 03, 10:49:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started with naming them all with the same first initial.  One family would be Andrew Anderson, wife would be Andrea, kids, Andy and Amelia, then on to B and so on.  There was just to many affairs going on, I couldn't keep track of who was supposed to be doing who.

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 February 03, 12:42:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use SimPE to rename my families. 

I was using a combination of surnames for each house (not renaming the sims, just the lot) to reflect the maiden name of the bride.  So if Angela married Dustin their house would be the Broke-Pleasant house.  It gave my hoods a small town gossipy feeling.  I grew up in a small town and people did use that information to identify people - "You know Dustin Broke ... yeah he's the Broke that married one of the Pleasant girls, didn't he do well for himself? ... anyways I heard..."

I've simplified it a bit since I started using Sims2db.  In my newer hoods I just rename my families Broke1, Broke2, etc.  If I want to play a particular branch of the family I just look up which branch it is in Sims2db, not that I do that a lot, I tend to be anal about my lot rotation order.  Since the lot sync timer was added to my game, I've dispensed with the notes on my desk listing lot rotation order and I just go clockwise around the timer.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 February 04, 02:30:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thank you so much!

you clearly do not suck Cheesy

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 February 04, 03:26:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, Bluesoups do not suck. Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] Print