More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 00:23:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is this bad?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is this bad?  (Read 17288 times)
Nihale
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Is this bad?
« on: 2005 November 22, 21:01:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is not a technical doo-hickey. More of a social/genetic one.

This is the entire freakin' town! (With exception of the Bennetts, Pleasants and a couple of misplaced spouses...)

NoTownieRegen does work with NL, right? - I want to advance this little English village a couple of generations, even if it means having to use some of the ugly as sin morons that are townies (If DC is reading this, I'm sorry...), without risiking another BFBVFS..

What should I do?

"We could remove the bugs, but we're not going to. Let's leave them in and call them features."
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Is this bad?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 22, 22:04:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No Townie Regen works. Reports say it even stop downtownie spawns.

I don't see the problem with that picture, though, other than that it must have taken major photoshopping to get that much on screen at once, since that's not how it normally looks.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 22, 22:10:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, how'd you do that?
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 22, 22:15:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What should I do?

Four families were really not enough to start a whole town with, if your intention was to have them interbreed and never add new blood.

If it were me I would continue breeding them just to see how messed up the tree can get. Other than that, your only option may be to add more sims to the neighborhood. Townies are just TOO ugly to use.

Yeah, how'd you do that?

Lots and lots of cutting and pasting in Photoshop. Cheesy

I do it for all my families and have done it for all the Maxis families. It does take a lot of time if the tree is complicated. You wouldn't believe what it took to get the Curious-Smith-Singles household sorted out into one tree.

Fail.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 22, 22:17:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like a project is waiting for me to  happen...
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 22, 22:23:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's my Curious-Smith-Singles tree. This was the best that could be done under the circumstances.

« Last Edit: 2005 November 22, 22:48:12 by SaraMK » Logged

Fail.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 22, 22:41:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's awesome!
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 23, 00:58:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The dark haired girl to the right of PT9, who is she? I don't remember seeing her on my tree. And if she's a maxis made character, what was the point? She didn't contribute to the gene pool, so why is she there Huh
chknflvrdramen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 23, 01:08:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this remind anyone else of that song "I'm my own grandpa?"
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 23, 01:10:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The dark haired girl to the right of PT9, who is she? I don't remember seeing her on my tree. And if she's a maxis made character, what was the point? She didn't contribute to the gene pool, so why is she there Huh

That's Glabe Curious, Glarn's first wife, who was left to raise the Singles alone after Glarn selfishly abandoned the family to pursue a relationship with Kitty. She didn't contribute to the genepool but she is part of the family history and in order to be complete I felt like she had to be included. She also serves the purpose of showing that Glarn was not married to Kitty when he had the Singles.

Fail.
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 23, 03:27:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's Glabe Curious, Glarn's first wife, who was left to raise the Singles alone after Glarn selfishly abandoned the family to pursue a relationship with Kitty. She didn't contribute to the genepool but she is part of the family history and in order to be complete I felt like she had to be included. She also serves the purpose of showing that Glarn was not married to Kitty when he had the Singles.
okay, that makes sense, I never looked that closely at the Siingles family tree. I always thought PT9 raised the girls, silly me Cheesy Very nice tree BTW
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 23, 04:05:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

okay, that makes sense, I never looked that closely at the Siingles family tree. I always thought PT9 raised the girls, silly me Cheesy Very nice tree BTW

She isn't actually on anyone's tree, since she isn't related to anyone living. She is a "lost" sim that most people don't even know about. It's only by browsing memories, character files, and screenshots, that you can piece together who she is and how she fits in. The clues are all there though.

I have too much time on my hands, don't I?

Fail.
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 23, 04:14:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's awesome, you ever think about a career as a detective? Grin I think this kind of background info makes the game characters more interesting.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 23, 05:49:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a hard time figuring out the Singles and Curious family tree.  Someone said that they were related, and I was trying to figure out how.  It seems messed up to me that not only did PT#9 and Glarn Curious have two kids together (did they have a Preg4All hack??  Maybe it was the TL&D  Roll Eyes), but then PT#9 married one of Glarn's kids!  Is that not messed up??  Even though they aren't technically related, it seems somewhat incestuous to me.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 23, 06:25:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a hard time figuring out the Singles and Curious family tree.  Someone said that they were related, and I was trying to figure out how.  It seems messed up to me that not only did PT#9 and Glarn Curious have two kids together (did they have a Preg4All hack??  Maybe it was the TL&D  Roll Eyes), but then PT#9 married one of Glarn's kids!  Is that not messed up??  Even though they aren't technically related, it seems somewhat incestuous to me.

It does look very wrong on the family tree, doesn't it?

By the way, this is exactly why I made all the family trees. When you don't see everyone laid out on one page, it's very difficult to understand the relationships. The way the tree works, where you click one sim and it causes several others to vanish from view, makes it really hard to use as a tracker for actual family relationships.

Fail.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 23, 06:30:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seriously have to do one of these for my sims...
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 23, 06:31:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for making that up, SaraMK.  I wish I had that when I started playing Strangetown.  I edited the family ties in SimPE so that Lola and Chloe are siblings of the Curious brothers and so Chloe wouldn't want to flirt with her half brothers!

Brynne, whenever you get around to making a family tree for your sims, I definitely want to see it!  I have a hard time remembering who is related to whom, and who is married to whom, etc.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 23, 06:44:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm working on one, now...
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 24, 03:50:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The idea in the Maxis story is that PT #9 was originally a regular Pollination Technician, so that was how Glarn acquired Chloe & Lola, and then he retired to his favourite planet. Quite why he married one of Glarn's other kids, I have no clue.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 January 30, 09:29:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm an amateur genealogist so I use my genealogy program to set out the family ties/relationships etc.  In my poor Pleasantview that finally gave up the good fight about a week ago, I had gotten up to 7 generations of sims.  I couldn't do dates of birth as I had no way of tracking but I did have house listed under birth location & attendees at weddings etc just like a proper family tree.  I had more details on those sims lives than I do on my own ancestors lol.  I printed out reports 'n stuff to keep track but I wouldn't have the patience to do what you have done SaraMK - it looks really nice.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 January 30, 09:36:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm an amateur genealogist so I use my genealogy program to set out the family ties/relationships etc.  In my poor Pleasantview that finally gave up the good fight about a week ago, I had gotten up to 7 generations of sims.  I couldn't do dates of birth as I had no way of tracking but I did have house listed under birth location & attendees at weddings etc just like a proper family tree.
Heh, if you use my Lot Clock, you CAN keep track of date of birth. Tongue Even if you didn't note exactly when they were born, you can back-date them once you install the clock based on the listed age of the sim.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 January 30, 11:17:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry JM but it wasn't invented when I started and after the four generations I sort of thought it wasn't worth starting. 

I have however started my new Pleasantview and the lot Clock is now on every occupied lot proudly displayed at the front of the house - it works like a dream.  btw I love having the ability to switch between my lots without having to wait for the neighbourhood to load and then load the new lot.

Jorenne
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 January 30, 12:51:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have re-ocurring nightmares about the family tree of my main family.  I've been trying to put it together for about a year now and each time it makes my brain sizzle.

This is about a quarter of it, at 4% zoom using a geaneology program....

radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 January 30, 14:11:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have re-ocurring nightmares about the family tree of my main family.  I've been trying to put it together for about a year now and each time it makes my brain sizzle.

This is about a quarter of it, at 4% zoom using a geaneology program....

It looks like you have two females born from one female with no father. Is that the "Just Eve" scenerio? Tongue

Instant gratification takes too long.
Jorenne
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 January 30, 14:29:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um, not exactly lol.

That was the CAS start of it all (Well one side of it anyway) Single mom, twin girls, spiralled outta control a little when three romance males came of age.....
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: