More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 14:58:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Mods and custom content Crashing the Game.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Mods and custom content Crashing the Game.  (Read 4609 times)
Vampcorn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Mods and custom content Crashing the Game.
« on: 2009 July 31, 21:54:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I come home from working outside today to fine that my game had somehow patched itself to 1.3.
After yelling at my family for causing the problem, I decided to see if the game still works.
Everything loads fine up to the part where you choose which play file to pick.
When I choose to  load a game the game crashes.  So I made back-ups of everything and reinstalled my game.
Everything worked fine this time except that none of my Custom patterns, Skins, more importantly the awesome mod wasn't working.
So I reinstall the Delphy's Framework Install Monkey For Dummies and the game crashes at the loading screen again. After Playing around with the files
 I noticed that taking out the Resource in my C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 will allow the game to work with no mods. Can someone help me? Did this even make any sense?

I think it might have something to do the enablescripterror? I can remove it and it the game works without the mod, and when I put it back in the game doesn't work.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 01, 00:22:22 by Vampcorn » Logged
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Mods and custom content Crashing the Game.
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 01, 00:15:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you update the Awesomemod (and any other core mods you might be using) to the newest version(s)? Older versions aren't compatible with the 1.3 patch.

ETA: Try deleting your cache files, as well.These are any files within Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 that have "cache" in the name. They control the way that content shows up in the game, and deleting them will force the game to make new ones that contain the most current information.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Vampcorn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 01, 00:23:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I deleted the cache files and downloaded the new awesomemod, but I"ll try again to see if anything changes.

Edit: I deleted my cache files and it did nothing. I know it's not a specific mod because the game won't load even if I have no mods installed. The only thing in the mod folder is the enablescrpterror, which is what I think is keeping it from working.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 01, 00:36:00 by Vampcorn » Logged
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 01, 00:35:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try removing tight pants- doing a 50/50 removal test with your mods. I let AM alone without any of my other downloads which let the game load fine. In the end it was a nocensor package causing it not to load. Was interesting to me that broke with the patch. So it's not all CC but some of your downloads might need some updating fixes
Vampcorn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 01, 00:44:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trying one mod at a time works either. Is there a guide I could look at to see how to set up the mod folder, even though I used Delphy's Framework Install Monkey For Dummies?
Krisan Thyme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 01, 01:13:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I deleted the cache files and downloaded the new awesomemod, but I"ll try again to see if anything changes.

Edit: I deleted my cache files and it did nothing. I know it's not a specific mod because the game won't load even if I have no mods installed. The only thing in the mod folder is the enablescrpterror, which is what I think is keeping it from working.

Did you also delete the package folders in the WorldCaches folder? I notice most neglect to mention these specifically.. I mean while deleting the Compositor, Script, and CASParts cache files all do resolve specific problems (the script cache being notorious for startup crashes), deleting the World Cache sounds like it "might" help more in this instance. (Since I notice you mentioned in your first post that you crashed when loading a save\neighborhood. Though I might have misunderstood.)

If you've already done this though, or are just crashing at the main load screen now (in which case removing the World Caches won't help at all), I'm not sure what the problem might be. I actually believe I ran into something similar sometime back though, long before this patch, but it seemed to resolve itself after multiple attempts.. which is odd, but this game seems to be full of weird voodoo.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 01, 01:23:17 by Krisan Thyme » Logged
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 01, 01:42:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it might have something to do the enablescripterror? I can remove it and it the game works without the mod, and when I put it back in the game doesn't work.

You don't need enablescripterror; if your game works without it, then remove it.

If you want to use enablescripterror, and if you updated to 1.3, then you need the enablescripterror which is compatible with the patch (you probably have the one for the 1.2 patch).

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Vampcorn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 01, 02:35:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't need enablescripterror; if your game works without it, then remove it.

If you want to use enablescripterror, and if you updated to 1.3, then you need the enablescripterror which is compatible with the patch (you probably have the one for the 1.2 patch).

Thanks for the help everyone, but unfortunately it still doesn't work...

Do you know of a place where I can get a the updated enablescripterror? I deleted ALL the cache files I could find and removed the  enablescripterror the game loaded perfectly, just none of the mods work. I even tested the awesomemod cheats and options and neither of them worked. So... I don't know.
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 01, 02:41:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You dont NEED enablescripterror.package ... if your mods do not work they will not work with it, its just a debug fuction for people that want a more detailed error log.

Vampcorn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 01, 02:44:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, ok. Well it was definitely stopping my game from working. Is there a guide somewhere to setting up the mod folder so I can check and see if I did something wrong?

Edit: In other news, I GOT IT TO WORK! I removed my mod folder and rereinstalled the Monkey Face and then added my mods back in the folder and it works! Yay! Thanks for the help everyone.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 01, 03:11:27 by Vampcorn » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: