More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 09:43:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  A new kind of crash!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A new kind of crash!  (Read 21943 times)
bestofsmall
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: A new kind of crash!
« Reply #25 on: 2009 August 01, 13:59:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i'm having the same problem "invalid file error" when trying to patch which i wouldn't have done except the pop up that awesome was going to stop working now when i go into game and click play it crashes i have tried everything i have seen mentioned here but same thing ..i'm past frustrated i want to try uninstall/reinstall but .. which files and where are they to save if i don't want to lose my hoods and families? please can someone tell me where they are? i'll just reinstall awesome from the 1st one i had with no stupid EA patch that one worked fine!!
thanks in advance ..
 Huh
gamegame
Dimwitted Dunce

MOTHER FATHER SON

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 August 01, 14:08:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait, can someone just please tell me how to install the 1.3 patch? I believe if install that, maybe the awesome mod will work. (whenever I try to install the 1.3 patch it says invalid file found)

you must ensure that all mods are removed before installing the 1.3 patch. and yes, the patch does not install if you had deleted any Eaxis pre-made bin families or modified the camera rules.
donthurtme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 August 01, 14:10:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait, can someone just please tell me how to install the 1.3 patch? I believe if install that, maybe the awesome mod will work. (whenever I try to install the 1.3 patch it says invalid file found)

you must ensure that all mods are removed before installing the 1.3 patch. and yes, the patch does not install if you had deleted any Eaxis pre-made bin families or modified the camera rules.
I removed all my mods & other packages, and I don't think I deleted pre-made or modified the camera.
I'll check...

Update: Oh shit. I modified the camera.
But I can't find the original... ughghgguh!
Is it possible anyone could give it to me?
« Last Edit: 2009 August 01, 14:26:12 by donthurtme » Logged
bestofsmall
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 August 01, 14:22:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i took out mods before i tried to patch and not sure about deleting from bin or camera seems like i did get something the 1st day for camera but god only knows what and where i put it so.. if i uninstall game and reinstall it then patch then get new AM it should work again ..yes? maybe? still my problem is which files do i keep to not lose my families/hoods? i found some in docs but ... do i save both the saved sims file and the other one too named saves ? i know to save my downloads file too .
 Undecided
Lisen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 August 01, 15:19:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

donthurtme...

Here's the file:

http://www.mediafire.com/?dyf0gj0mlxi

You know the file must be unzipped and be placed here, or:

Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Ini
donthurtme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 August 01, 15:24:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YAY! PROBLEM SOLVED!
VICTORY!  Grin
AyaJulia
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 August 01, 18:23:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I encountered this error after patching, updating AwesomeMod, and deleting the four cache files in My Documents. I did the try-again-and-hope-it-fixes-itself method about half a dozen times before actually trying anything new. I solved my CTD-on-Play problem by the following steps:

1- Removed hacks from my game. "Hacks" I defined as Awesome.package, IndieMod.package, and (since it was only there to get AwesomeMod working) enablescripterror.package. Patterns, skins, clothes, objects, etc. I left in.
2- Started the game, allowed it to get to the point where it bitched at me for not having a CD, exited.
3- Replaced Awesome.package and IndieMod.package. (Not enablescripterror.package)
4- Started the game again.
5- All better!

Every single time I've had CTD issues, removing AM, starting the game, exiting the game, and replacing AM has worked perfectly. I didn't even have to re-delete the caches this time. It just worked.
BobDob
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 August 01, 23:31:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

donthurtme.....
well if you have a legal copy you can find those file in Game\Bin and try....

Yes, I see Ts3.exe and TSLost.dlll but what do you want me to do with them?

He wants you to replace the ones in your installed directory with the ones from your CD.  The installer is crapping out because it notices a file that you have that does not look like what it expected, so it throws its hands up in the air and just quits.  Lisen is suggesting that you replace your file with the file that it expected.  Unfortunately, the one on the CD may not be the correct one.  There's actually two versions of Ts3.exe and TSLHost.dll.  You have the original ones on the CD, which is what the 1.2.7 patch expects when it runs.  And, then you have the ones on your hard drive that the 1.27 patch creates based on your original ones.  This is the version that the 1.3 patch is expecting.

If you are absolutely certain that those are the files it is crapping out on -- look at the latest version of rtpatch.log you can find on your hard drive to make sure -- you could either try to find a copy of those files somewhere or wipe everything, do a complete re-install from the DVD and then apply the two patches in succession. 

Screw it.  I'll just upload those two files to mediafire and post it in a new thread.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: