More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:29:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  A new kind of crash!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A new kind of crash!  (Read 21758 times)
donthurtme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
A new kind of crash!
« on: 2009 July 31, 16:57:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed the awesomemod this morning. I went to play one of my families (I clicked one of my familys from the start menu) and the game just crashed. I opened up the game again, clicked the family, it crashed again. I opened up the game again, clicked a different family, it crashed. So I tried this:

1. Simply trying again. For Windoze users, 3booter will perform this task automatically, as well as clearing the wreckage.
2. Deleting all of the *cache.package files out of your Sims3 user directory.
3. Reinstalling AwesomeMod.
4. Installing this enablescripterror.package file into your Mods/Packages. Also useful for debugging other glitches.
5. Rebooting your computer.
6. Blowing in your computer.
8. Turning off the computer and violently shaking it.
9. Prayer.
10. Rattles.
11. Chanting.

None of it worked. I realized it was all the awesome mods fault when I removed it and played the game, and the game worked fine.
... Help.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: A new kind of crash!
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 31, 17:08:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has been reported and briefly encountered, but doesn't appear to be anything SPECIFICALLY induced by AwesomeMod. I spent hours tracing this, only to have it magically go away without, and the only thing I can think of is that at some point I booted the original unmodified game and opened a neighborhood with the CD in place. I have this wild theory that this is a new EAxian attempt to crack down on pirates, who presumably do not have access to an original CD.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
donthurtme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 31, 17:15:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tried it without enablescripTERROR.package?
If using a crack, try booting from the original exe and CD (or mounted image).

And are you patched?

I don't have a crack, and I yes, I tried with the enablescripterror.package. And I am patched, but not to 1.3

This has been reported and briefly encountered, but doesn't appear to be anything SPECIFICALLY induced by AwesomeMod. I spent hours tracing this, only to have it magically go away without, and the only thing I can think of is that at some point I booted the original unmodified game and opened a neighborhood with the CD in place. I have this wild theory that this is a new EAxian attempt to crack down on pirates, who presumably do not have access to an original CD.
donthurtme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 31, 17:24:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I removed it (awesome mod) suddenly my Indie Stone Mod doesn't show....
I have a head ache.
I need my awesome mod.
Enelen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 31, 17:45:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I removed it (awesome mod) suddenly my Indie Stone Mod doesn't show....
I have a head ache.
I need my awesome mod.

You need the Indie Stone core for the mod to show without AM, but I don't know if it was updated for the 1.3 patch yet.

Except not everybody got it, therefore either they messed up their anti-pirate code (very possible), or it's only a new form of voodoo, and having a dozen Feng-Shui thingies on my monitor or maybe the greenery I'm cultivating on my computer filters out the bad vibes. I definitely haven't tried with the CD as I doubt the game would accept the RLD image as a valid CD Smiley Hmm, on a second thought, maybe it *was* a good idea starting the patched game first with 3 different core mods in the mods folder...  Roll Eyes Talk about absent-minded...
donthurtme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 31, 17:54:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need the Indie Stone core for the mod to show without AM, but I don't know if it was updated for the 1.3 patch yet.
Oh, thanks, I forgot.
But the awesomemod is still not working properly...
spambi
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 31, 18:19:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tried it without enablescripTERROR.package?
If using a crack, try booting from the original exe and CD (or mounted image).

And are you patched?

I don't have a crack, and I yes, I tried with the enablescripterror.package. And I am patched, but not to 1.3

As Jordi suggested, try booting the game withOUT enablescriterror.package. I was having the same problem and removing this seemed to fix it.
donthurtme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 31, 18:28:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I tried that.
I had deleted the awesome mod and saw my game was working. I than put it back in along with the enablescripterror (or TERROR) and the problem was still there. I removed the terror but, yeah... the problem was still there.
And I do not have the crack.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 31, 19:00:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem, and removing enablescriterror.package fixed it for me and now it works just fine.  Of course, I do have the crack, so maybe the enablescriterror thing only works for those with cracked games?

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 31, 19:02:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you delete the 4 caches again after you deleted awesomemod?  Did you remove the enablescripterror? My game won't play with the old version in so I game without it now.   Is your enablescripterror the most recent update from MTS?  

ETA: I purchased my game from Target.
olif
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 31, 19:05:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem, and removing enablescriterror.package fixed it for me and now it works just fine.  Of course, I do have the crack, so maybe the enablescriterror thing only works for those with cracked games?

This worked for me with a cracked game but I also deleted the cache files
donthurtme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 July 31, 19:23:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you delete the 4 caches again after you deleted awesomemod?  Did you remove the enablescripterror? My game won't play with the old version in so I game without it now.   Is your enablescripterror the most recent update from MTS?  

ETA: I purchased my game from Target.
1. I deleted the 4 caches & awesome mod, started the game, it worked fine. Exited, put the awesome mod back in, deleted the caches yet again, didn't work.
2. Yes.
3. I just downloaded it (1.2.7 version), placed it in packages, started up game, and it just crashed at the load screen. I think we're getting somewhere, people!
But now I am hopelessly confused...
dilpill
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 July 31, 19:29:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

3. I just downloaded it (1.2.7 version), placed it in packages, started up game, and it just crashed at the load screen. I think we're getting somewhere, people!
Well, AwesomeMod isn't supported with version 1.2.7 anymore anyways. Download and install the new patch, and don't install an enablescripterror.package at all.

donthurtme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 July 31, 19:32:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, AwesomeMod isn't supported with version 1.2.7 anymore anyways. Download and install the new patch, and don't install an enablescripterror.package at all.
Okay, hold on...

Update; That did not work. It said invalid file found when I try to install the patch. I took out mods & resource.cfg and yet there is still and invalid file found. And I have no idea what the file is.
Can someone tell me what it conflicts with?
« Last Edit: 2009 July 31, 19:42:52 by donthurtme » Logged
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 July 31, 19:45:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This worked for me with a cracked game but I also deleted the cache files
Oh yeah.  I always delete those anyway, so I forgot to mention it.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Lisen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 July 31, 19:56:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a legal game with registered CD but I'm playing on two different machines, one stationary and one laptop.
I don't want to buy two games and want to play without CD. That's not the only reason for me to have awesome in my games.

The installation, the 1.3 patch and latest Awesome, on the stationary machine works without problems.
I removed the enablescripterror.package and the four cach-files.

But when I should install the patch, on the laptop, with EA's launcher, I got the "Invalid file" several times. The patch didn't install. When I load the game I have a CTD every time I go into a family.

Uninstalling didn't work, I have the same message "Invalid file" when trying to uninstall....

Well I copied two files, Ts3.exe and TSLHost.dll from my other machine to my laptop. And YES, now it works
to install the 1.3 patch and the awesome (+ indiStone, no intro, etc)

It works! I've been playing several hours now on both computers and didn't find any problems. So far......
« Last Edit: 2009 July 31, 20:05:34 by Lisen » Logged
donthurtme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 July 31, 20:33:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a legal game with registered CD but I'm playing on two different machines, one stationary and one laptop.
I don't want to buy two games and want to play without CD. That's not the only reason for me to have awesome in my games.

The installation, the 1.3 patch and latest Awesome, on the stationary machine works without problems.
I removed the enablescripterror.package and the four cach-files.

But when I should install the patch, on the laptop, with EA's launcher, I got the "Invalid file" several times. The patch didn't install. When I load the game I have a CTD every time I go into a family.

Uninstalling didn't work, I have the same message "Invalid file" when trying to uninstall....

Well I copied two files, Ts3.exe and TSLHost.dll from my other machine to my laptop. And YES, now it works
to install the 1.3 patch and the awesome (+ indiStone, no intro, etc)

It works! I've been playing several hours now on both computers and didn't find any problems. So far......

... Okay... what do you want me to do? I have only one PC.
Lisen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 July 31, 20:50:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

donthurtme.....
well if you have a legal copy you can find those file in Game\Bin and try....
donthurtme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 July 31, 20:59:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

donthurtme.....
well if you have a legal copy you can find those file in Game\Bin and try....

Yes, I see Ts3.exe and TSLost.dlll but what do you want me to do with them?
Maxine
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 July 31, 23:01:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I just downloaded the newest patch... and boy o boy don't I wish I hadn't done that.  My game won't load.....  Right after the introduction video I see the bar that never fills with any green whatsoever.  Sigh.....  I've uninstalled the game and reinstalled it.  What should I do?  I even took indie Mod off b/c I've read that indie was a big problem with the new patch.  I've also installed the newest awsome mode, ran the compatiablility checker and everything seems to be good....  And before you ask...  I have a legal pre ordered game....  Registered and all......Any suggestions?Huh  Undecided  Cry
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 July 31, 23:53:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maxine, check if you have the d3dx9_31.dll in your Game/Bin folder. I had your same problem and restoring the dll made the game load again.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
donthurtme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 August 01, 01:50:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh. Why did this happen to me?  Cry
cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2009 August 01, 02:16:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The patch downloads automatically, I think.  This bug happened to me too.  When I remove awesomeMod from the Mods/Packages folder, the game works fine, but if I put it back in, it crashes again.  Obviously, there is something in the patch that conflicts directly with something in awesomeMod.  But what is it?  How should I configure my AwesomeMod to avoid the conflict?

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
donthurtme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 August 01, 12:12:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The patch downloads automatically, I think.  This bug happened to me too.  When I remove awesomeMod from the Mods/Packages folder, the game works fine, but if I put it back in, it crashes again.  Obviously, there is something in the patch that conflicts directly with something in awesomeMod.  But what is it?  How should I configure my AwesomeMod to avoid the conflict?
It doesn't install automatically. When I go into the launcher it asks. ^^
donthurtme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 August 01, 12:18:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait, can someone just please tell me how to install the 1.3 patch? I believe if install that, maybe the awesome mod will work. (whenever I try to install the 1.3 patch it says invalid file found)
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: