More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:50:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  New Build of awsome mod causes my game to crash to desktop. NOT THE DON"T REPORT
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New Build of awsome mod causes my game to crash to desktop. NOT THE DON"T REPORT  (Read 25346 times)
SenkoAu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
New Build of awsome mod causes my game to crash to desktop. NOT THE DON"T REPORT
« on: 2009 July 31, 03:00:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As indicated in the title this isn't the crash to desktop that happens in the initial loading screen I can get to the main menu fine.

I don't have patch 1.3 installed (because of the problems I've heard about it) if that makes a difference.

My game was working fine last night when I saved and quit. This morning I installed the new version of awsomemod (because I kept getting notifications that if I didn't it would stop working tommorow). Now whenever I try to play the game with the mod installed it crashes to desktop when I hit the play button for my game, if I remove awsomemod the game works fine. Is there anywhere I can get ahold of a working version of the previous build that won't stop working tommorow?
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
Re: New Build of awsome mod causes my game to crash to desktop. NOT THE DON"T RE
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 31, 03:05:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't run newest AM without patching as it is patch compatible - this has been covered extensively in the new bug thread.

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Re: New Build of awsome mod causes my game to crash to desktop. NOT THE DON"T RE
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 31, 03:11:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are running the Unholy Hybrid: an unpatched game with patch-compatible AM. Pescado has stated that we can do this if we want, but that this configuration is unsupported - i.e. there's no point in reporting problems as Pescado isn't going to fix them.

There is only one current version of AM (the patch compatible one), Pescado isn't going to maintain two versions.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
gustacarmoraes
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
What i Do?
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 31, 03:18:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My am doesn't work.
I download this latest update 07/30 and the game does not enter more.
Even when loading screen, the game quits when i start my city.
And in the ancient version of AM, I don't had more Bosses.

What I do now?
SenkoAu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: New Build of awsome mod causes my game to crash to desktop. NOT THE DON"T REPORT
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 31, 03:30:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I gathered that, what I wanted to know was where I could get an older version of the patch as I'd updated before realizing the problems this would cause but don't want to install the glitchy patch from EA.
minonda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 31, 03:31:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't run newest AM without patching as it is patch compatible - this has been covered extensively in the new bug thread.

I installed the patch this morning and then installed the newest awesome mod, and I am having the same problem. The game crashes when I click the Play button. I uninstalled the mod and the game played fine. Don't know what to do.
minonda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 31, 03:33:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are running the Unholy Hybrid: an unpatched game with patch-compatible AM. Pescado has stated that we can do this if we want, but that this configuration is unsupported - i.e. there's no point in reporting problems as Pescado isn't going to fix them.

There is only one current version of AM (the patch compatible one), Pescado isn't going to maintain two versions.

My experience, described in a post above, disproves what you are saying.
SenkoAu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: New Build of awsome mod causes my game to crash to desktop. NOT THE DON"T REPORT
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 31, 04:35:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess I'll just patch and hope fr the best then
jriggs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 31, 04:41:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, the new "crash at play" is another strange Heisenbug. The workaround for this seems to be to start a game once with the CD in place, or at least, that's how it went away when I was trying to fin out.

I had the CTD while trying to play a save.  I have the disk in the drive but I am running Awesome with no-cd enabled. (I just forgot to take it out of the tray) and I still had to test different versions of configurations to get it to work. I am still not sure what is making it work but it is.  Everything is the same so it reminds me of the first few builds of Awesome where you just had to keep trying sometimes.  By the time it was working I had Awesome in as well as Indie (mod not core) and a few other random XML's.  In the end I think that I left out the script enabler but I think it worked once while it was in as well.  Like I said, I just kept trying and it just worked finally.
SenkoAu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 31, 05:39:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Removing the enablescripterror mod got it working for me as well.
gustacarmoraes
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 31, 06:30:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, the new "crash at play" is another strange Heisenbug. The workaround for this seems to be to start a game once with the CD in place, or at least, that's how it went away when I was trying to fin out.

Pescado, this new bug of game does not start more in some PCs will be fixed in next update?
It would be possible to correct the bug "no boss in the careers"? No more career has boss, even when i disable the option "valid boss" in awesome mod.  Shocked
« Last Edit: 2009 July 31, 18:08:34 by BastDawn » Logged
keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 July 31, 06:44:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, this new bug of game does not start more in some PCs will be fixed in next update?
It would be possible to correct the bug "no boss in the careers"? No more career has boss, even when i disable the option "valid boss" in awesome mod.
  Shocked

Stop using bold when posting. It doesn't get your post read any quicker and is very annoying.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 July 31, 16:17:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Out of curiousity why are so many people using that script error thing? It's meant as a debug tool and those messages won't mean anything to 99% of the people playing the game.

Is this some sort of BBistic ZOMG I will never use that hair but I just have to have it just because thing?

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2009 July 31, 16:22:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Out of curiosity why are so many people using that script error thing?

I had it in for a long time because it was the only way to stop the boot/voodoo crash. I took it out when I installed the newest AM and EA patch because I had seen others say that helped them with problems. I didn't have any problems, it was a preemptive piece of voodoo on my part. I now use 3booter and will continue to do so as when it does the voodoo crash 3booter takes care of it.

Overall though I have had no trouble with the game post EA patch with the compatible AM. I'm glad I'm not having trouble.

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 July 31, 19:36:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I tried the other methods to get the game to load after updating with the 1.3 patch and newest AM, though I only deleted the scriptcache. I put the CD back in the drive and kept trying to load, but nothing worked until I grabbed the latest scripterror mod by Rick.
Voodoo.
I haven't even attempted to play any old games. I just started out fresh again.
The only thing that is really annoying right now is that I often cannot cross out the house icon when they are returning home. I hate waiting for them to stroll into whatever out-of-the-way corner they chose before I can tell them "go here" and then "eat" or "shower," etc. I am sure that was an EA "fix" because I always crossed out the house icon before. Oh well.
jriggs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 July 31, 23:30:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Out of curiousity why are so many people using that script error thing? It's meant as a debug tool and those messages won't mean anything to 99% of the people playing the game.

Is this some sort of BBistic ZOMG I will never use that hair but I just have to have it just because thing?
You either need enablescripTERROR.package, or not. There's no way to tell what group you belong to.
If you don't have it but need it -- crash.
If you have it but don't need it -- crash.

Yep.  I was in the need it camp.  Guess I am in the don't now.
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 August 01, 00:45:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really think it's a matter of beating your game into submissions more. I left the script enabler in there and taught it to like it! Running the game with just awesomemod alone with no other mods worked like sticking the cd for just one go YMMV.
SenkoAu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 August 01, 01:06:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why are you using go home anyway? I always just tell my sim to do something there when I want them to go home e.g. make food, read a book, go here etc and then they find the quickest route home and do what I tell them.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 August 01, 01:16:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I can't reliably reproduce this bug, so there's no way to find exactly what causes it at this time.

It would be possible to correct the bug "no boss in the careers"? No more career has boss, even when i disable the option "valid boss" in awesome mod.  Shocked
This isn't a bug, this is a result of fixing a bug which was causing spam bosses to be erroneously retained and generated. If you really WANTED this for some reason, an option exists to re-emulate this bug.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
gustacarmoraes
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 August 01, 01:32:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I can't reliably reproduce this bug, so there's no way to find exactly what causes it at this time.

This isn't a bug, this is a result of fixing a bug which was causing spam bosses to be erroneously retained and generated. If you really WANTED this for some reason, an option exists to re-emulate this bug.

Pescado , even putting this option that you said to turn on spam, my game continues without bosses. What can be this?
Furthermore, i believe that it is a bug, because some careers requiring a boss is hereby simply without them. The normal is not to have bosses??
Ailias
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 August 01, 07:44:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, for what did you created that darned "use the latest build, moroon" check?
I do not want to update awesome mod! I want to use the old one that works in my game!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 August 01, 07:49:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, for what did you created that darned "use the latest build, moroon" check?
I do not want to update awesome mod! I want to use the old one that works in my game!

ENOUGH of this! It's been talked about and debated in multiple threads over and over ad nauseum.

It's his mod so it goes by his rules. Use it or lose it!

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 August 01, 07:58:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado , even putting this option that you said to turn on spam, my game continues without bosses. What can be this?
Furthermore, i believe that it is a bug, because some careers requiring a boss is hereby simply without them. The normal is not to have bosses??
Insufficient information. First, check to make sure your job actually DOES have a required boss: See if it lists "Boss" alongside things like "Mood" or Skills. If it doesn't, then there's not normally a required boss to begin with. If this field is not present, you simply don't need one. If you did not emulate the old bug, then you won't be assigned one. If you DO enable that option, one will be assigned if a valid candidate exists. The game will not randomly spam dozens of NPCs to produce one, though.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ailias
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 August 01, 11:36:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA Patch is reported to be very borked up I do not want to install it until they make it good.
I want to use the awesome, I love awesome mod, I cannot play without it, but I have a bit older working build that cannot be used anymore

Motoki, I'm respectful to you, so please do not offend me, better tell me what to do?
Enelen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 August 01, 11:54:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA Patch is reported to be very borked up I do not want to install it until they make it good.
I want to use the awesome, I love awesome mod, I cannot play without it, but I have a bit older working build that cannot be used anymore

Motoki, I'm respectful to you, so please do not offend me, better tell me what to do?

Set your system time back some days, to the time the mod you are using came out. Or hack the AM into submission.

EA patches will all be borked up, the 1.4, 1.5 and the 15.6, too. AM already fixed everything (at least in my game) that the patch broke.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: