More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:27:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  EA patch notes lie
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EA patch notes lie  (Read 8382 times)
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
EA patch notes lie
« on: 2009 July 30, 18:49:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Non-player Sim autonomy now runs more quickly for Sims on screen and nearby (neighbors won't spend time standing in their front yards or not moving on community lots)

However:

They do this all the time.  Eventually, one or two will leave, but more will replace them.  Dumbasses.  (I have remodeled the SV central park bathrooms to avoid swarms of sims standing around peeing themselves which had become a huge problem in my game.)

They still stand around doing nothing, maybe just not for quite as long.  eta: in this pic, they're not about to picknick, though that is how it appears.  They just stood there for more than a sim hour and evenutally wandered a way.

I did see this for the first time, though:

Inactive sim autonomously napping on a parkbench.

My conclusion: whatever they did or tried to do, we still need MOAR of.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
moondance
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: EA patch notes lie
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 30, 19:00:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've occasionally seen them napping on park benches before, but not often. The thing is though, this sim was obviously dead tired, and quite smelly. She SHOULD have gone home. The game doesn't seem to allow them to attend to their needs, even if they were smart enough to.  If the game decides it wants a particular sim to be in the park, or standing outside the hospital, etc., the sim has to do so.  I'd much rather see sims at the park because they are in a good mood, love the outdoors or fishing, or (imagine!) rolled a wish to play guitar in the park and had sense enough to act on it. 
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 30, 19:14:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I totally and completely agree with you, moondance.  The game's stupid, random, and innapropriate pushes for inactives to do useless and senseless things is maddening.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 30, 19:52:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen people complain about this, but I've never experienced in my game.  Non-actives are constantly doing stuff in my game - reading, playing chess, jogging, etc.  Maybe there's some bug that causes a pileup and AI commands don't get pushed, causing the issue above, but it's not "the way things are" in my experience.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 30, 20:18:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen it either.  Oh, sure, they're standing around doing nothing when I first switch to an area, but they immediately start doing their usual stupid stuff as soon as I'm watching.

Maybe it has to do with the number of processor cycles available for the brains of the townies?

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 30, 21:34:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine are active in town, but they always have been. They just have a tendency to stand around in their front yards. The patch did not fix that. I've rehabbed three townie houses so far and after plopping the households back into their shiny digs, they just stand in the front yard most of the time, except when going to work/school, or the rare time at night when they decide to go inside.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
moondance
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 30, 21:49:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, mine are active, but if I select, for instance, a random sim in the park playing chess, about half the time I will find that that particular sim is skipping work, hungry, has to pee, and hates the outdoors. Then I switch to some random house and find a sim who has the day off, is in a great mood, and loves the outdoors, standing in the corner of her foyer staring at the wall.  It annoys me that the game doesn't do a better (more logical) job of choosing which sims to populate public areas.
That Eighties Guy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 30, 21:58:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All I can think of is the Truman Show (Movie with Jim Carrey) where it's all a fake city. Smiling people, happy lives.
Lies, I tell you.
SimsSandra
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 30, 22:25:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I applied the new patch -- strange things are happening with my Sims -- they are constantly getting stuck -- can't get out of their own house unless I direct them room by room to the door... so they miss the carpool/schoolbus, etc...  I still have my Awesome mod which stopped this nonsense before -- Is anyone else seeing this???  Do I need to remove my mod and reapply it....  I don't trust EA's story progression yet... so want to keep the mod....

Happy Simming...

Sims3Sandra
Enelen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 30, 22:59:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the route failing with the patch and the first compatible AM, but now it seems to work normally, even though Pescado didn't write anything about solving route failing, just the not aging.

As for my townies: they are acting like usual, doing their stuff. I don't think I've ever seen them standing in one place doing nothing, not even when quickly swapping places: by the time everything renders, everyone is moving. Now that I halved the dynamic avoidance numbers in that ini file - somebody posted this solution here somewhere - they don't even get stuck that often, they are mostly able to navigate around each other, at least they aren't worse than in TS2.
gelfling
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 30, 23:40:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I applied the new patch -- strange things are happening with my Sims -- they are constantly getting stuck -- can't get out of their own house unless I direct them room by room to the door... so they miss the carpool/schoolbus, etc...  I still have my Awesome mod which stopped this nonsense before -- Is anyone else seeing this???  Do I need to remove my mod and reapply it....  I don't trust EA's story progression yet... so want to keep the mod....

Happy Simming...

Sims3Sandra
Yes... I saw this because I forgot to remove the previous version of the Awesome mod (yes, I'm blonde) after patching to 1.3. Update your copy of Awesome mod to fix.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 July 31, 06:04:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hair color has nothing to do with idiocy.

Whenever you do something that changes the game's code, like patching or getting an EP, you should make sure your hacks are updated.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Caraleede
Retardo Lander

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 July 31, 09:27:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like Nekonoai is INVADING THE WORLD, 5 TERLETS AT A TIME.

Yuh, I know who it actually is.
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2009 July 31, 13:19:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try again. that's kewian. Tongue
Caraleede
Retardo Lander

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 August 01, 10:37:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To me, it appears to be your pudding with two extra puddings moulded into it below the neck.

So it was Kewian. Kewhale is invading our terlets 5 at a time.
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 August 02, 03:40:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like Nekonoai is INVADING THE WORLD, 5 TERLETS AT A TIME.
Yuh, I know who it actually is.
So putting dark clothes on a whale can make it look slimmer. The fat (sims) still makes no sense to me -for we now always are hovering omnipresent 3000 meters above Sunset Valley with this neat map tags. :/
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 August 02, 03:56:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The latest Awesome mod update fixed the idle Sims for me.  I have a problem with the school children puddling at the school.  It takes till 1-1:30pm for the children to get into the school.  A lot of them end up going somewhere else.  I have to babysit the school to make sure they get in.  I think I have too many children.  The Landgraabs have 6 kids.  The Harts have three.  I went from a dieing town to an over populated town quick.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: