More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 11:46:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Any idea what mods could be screwing up my game after patching it?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Any idea what mods could be screwing up my game after patching it?  (Read 4400 times)
prettivacant
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Any idea what mods could be screwing up my game after patching it?
« on: 2009 August 01, 19:14:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, do you? I have a lot, and i would just use some kind of trial and error process, but as I said, I have a ton. I updated the awesomemod, and then deleted most of m the other mods that I could identify in my downloads folder, but now I'm not sure what to do. BTW--my game crashes as soon as I press the check mark to load one of my games in Riverview.. Any help is appreciated!!
asmadasrabbits
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Any idea what mods could be screwing up my game after patching it?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 01, 19:51:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have enablescripterror.package?
If so, delete that.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 01, 19:54:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First of all, you shouldn't have any mods in your Downloads folder. They should be in your Mods\Packages folder structure which should be in the game installation in Program Files.

The best advice I can give you for checking compatibility with a patch is to return to the original creator. Unless they have released a mod stating they won't support it, it's up to them to make sure to update their mods for patches/expansion packs.

It also sounds like you need some organization in your mods structure.  Make one. Use it. If you have to, rename files you've downloaded so you know exactly what they are and from where they came.  With a well-organized folder structure, you should also have a separate folder for mods that you have recently downloaded, so you don't end up throwing them in with the others. This way if there's a problem with one, you can pull it out right away.

prettivacant
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 01, 20:09:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahg, I'm sorry--I meant the packages folder! But that's a great idea Regina. I never thought to put a recent downloads folder, but now I will do that! I will also check for any other updates..
Enelen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 01, 23:34:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my game crashes as soon as I press the check mark to load one of my games in Riverview..

Not that I had this problem, but someone already wrote that they had to reinstall Riverview, because it somehow got uninstalled in the process of patching the game. Still, when I once tried to run a downloaded Riverview save without Riverview installed, the game only gave me a very scary message that a SERIOUS ERROR occured, but it didn't crash at all.
ProfPlumbob
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 01, 23:46:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

have you tried the mod compatibility checker? 

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=352474

but it sounds like a patch issue with the way its crashing.  A lot of people have been having the same scenario after they patched their game.

Imagination will often carry us to places that never were. But without it we go nowhere.  -Carl Sagan
Kerryee
Blathering Buffoon

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 02, 02:33:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

have you tried the mod compatibility checker? 

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=352474

but it sounds like a patch issue with the way its crashing.  A lot of people have been having the same scenario after they patched their game.

This is only useful for making sure that you don't have mods installed that clash with each other.  It's useless for telling you if it's incompatible with the base game.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 02, 03:15:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using a cracked .exe or the Awesomemod's no-CD feature? It's been suggested in other threads that, the first time you load your game after patching, do so using the original CD or DVD, load any neighborhood, quit the game (no need to save), and then reload using your normal method.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
prettivacant
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 02, 03:57:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Woahh thanks for all the replies!! It's fixed now, though, thankfully. Thank you so much asmadasrabbits for the suggestion about deleting enablescripterror.package. It worked!!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: