More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 01:35:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  1.3 patch stupidificated the sims.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: 1.3 patch stupidificated the sims.  (Read 20373 times)
AngerousAlex
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: 1.3 patch stupidificated the sims.
« Reply #25 on: 2009 August 01, 11:28:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not necessarily.

Of course not necessarily

But mods change scripts, said changes can be incompatible or create issues after a patch that introduces changes.

The always observed rule-of-thumb is remove all mods and check if the mods are compatible with the patch, if so then use and if not wait until it is and then use it.

In the old days in order to use a mod you usually had to have some degree of computer literacy but these days with automatic installers you have a lot of people that cannot even find the directory the game was installed on using mods.

In this case, the patch is fucking up the vanilla game. Fresh install, no mods or custom content. Even most people people who don't get the unplayable problems like constant route failing are getting weird neighborhood-breaking glitches. The problem I'm getting is a form of route failing, only sims insist on getting in a taxi to go anywhere.
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 August 02, 02:07:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Editsim hanging...  That might not be a patch problem.  There are also problems with it in the unpatched game with awesomemod.  I've had it freeze at the editsim loading screen (and also the vanilla mirror and dresser loading screens, no cheats), with the cursor just doing circles forever.

Was your sim pregnant?  I think that may be a contributing factor.  Otherwise, it's just sheer random voodooness.  I had one sim that consistently made my game freeze when I tried to editsim her face.  After her baby was born, though, I could editsim her.

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 August 02, 06:54:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, you can't editsim a pregnant sim, nor dresser them. I believe you can mirror them.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 August 02, 11:25:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did almost everything I do with the game after last patch, both with or without any kind of mod. On general there WAS a little bit better done - my sims seem to have stopped to bump each other so often. There's nothing special with the patch - on the most it is just an incorporation of modders solution directly to the game. Nothing to shout against too - they warned you at game opening screen that WE are now the extension of their voluntary non paid employees. So patches will be easier and more effective cause they will not need to think (ever done?).
I'm satisfied.
Bouncing Pink Ball
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 August 02, 12:42:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have multiple mods installed, cc and a few personal tweaks. Aside from a few moments of confusion when I had to figure out why my cc wasn't loading at first, the patch works fine for me. My game  is actually running better post patch than before. So far, anyway.

I did, however, remove modified/additional dll, cfg and ini files before patching and only added needed ones back afterwards.

ENTP - Dominant Extroverted Intuition for the win!
Lonesome Dove
Asinine Airhead

It's not my fault!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 August 03, 23:17:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's up with the action lag? I give my Sim a command and he'll stand there for half a minute or more before performing the action, like going to bed or taking a shower. I noticed it before this patch but it didn't seem nearly so long. Is anyone else experiencing this?

So far I'm not having any of the other problems people are describing (knock wood), like the taxi in the kitchen or route failures. I had to do a complete reinstall before I could patch, and that was a huge pain because the aborted first attempt at this latest patch kept my game from uninstalling, reinstalling or working at all. I finally got a link to instructions on where to go to manually delete all the shards. Goddamn ass-sucking EA and their POS software that injects itself into every crevice it can find!
Bouncing Pink Ball
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 August 05, 20:19:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^ Yes, possibly. It's the one post-patch flaw I've discovered so far with my game. I'm not seeing as much lag as you described but it does seem to take longer for the little pixel folk to get moving. Also, every time my sims are temporarily stopped from doing what they intended to do by oh, let's say, some other sim standing in their path, it now takes eons for the blocked sim to do anything but tap his/her foot and look disgusted. The offending sim could be out the door and halfway down the street before the foot tapping tantrum stops. I don't recall quite this much standing around pre-patch.

ENTP - Dominant Extroverted Intuition for the win!
asmadasrabbits
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 August 06, 00:40:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since installing the patch, I also noticed that my sims take forever to change outfits the first time during the play session. Which means they stand stupidly in front of the shower/bed for 2 sim hours while all of their motives continue to drain before getting in, and they always miss the carpool/school bus the first day, etc. It's getting to be really ridiculous!
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2009 August 06, 02:20:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oddly, this did not seem to happen to me right after the patch, but its happening now.

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
diskoh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 August 10, 04:19:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well my game has become unplayable. Things have gotten worse every day since the patch.

Every sim with a job in my neighborhood is currently stuck outside their workplaces. I went through an reset each of them individually, and it happened against the next day.

They've started freezing up while they walk, especially going through doors and gates. Once they finally get to work (late because they stopped and froze for 2 hours on the way) they just stop outside the door stare at it.

I guess I'll remove all of my mods and see what happens, but I haven't added any since the patch and things break more every day.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: