More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 16:00:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  1.3 patch stupidificated the sims.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: 1.3 patch stupidificated the sims.  (Read 20302 times)
AngerousAlex
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
1.3 patch stupidificated the sims.
« on: 2009 July 30, 06:51:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A lot of people seem to be having this problem and no solution was found yet, as far as I've seen.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled TS3. No custom content whatsoever. First patch installs fine. Second patch installs fine. Though I notice when I try to play the game after the 1.3 patch, my sims are too stupid to live. Every time they try to go somewhere, they get in a taxi...even if they're in THEIR HOUSE. Which means a taxi comes blowing through the damn wall to try and take them somewhere, then there's a jump bug. 1.3 has made the game completely unplayable.

Putting my CC back does nothing. I've reinstalled and tried everything, but this stupification is directly related to the 1.3 patch. I have the razor version and crack. I'm pretty sure I've installed the right version of the patch. What the hell is going on?
AngerousAlex
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: 1.3 patch stupidificated the sims.
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 30, 07:11:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pic please, this sounds hilarious.

Aaand it's not happening in my game... so I guess it must be something weird in your game.
Guessing here, maybe it has to do with the crack -- companies like disabling the stolen versions in creative ways (like GTA4's drunk driving). The upside is that if you use Awesomemod, you won't need a crack: restore the original (stolen) exe, and it should run, as AM disables the disk check.

NO PIXPLZ FOR YOU. Maybe later.

I thought it could be the crack, so I tried it with the original file. Even with Awesomemod, it demanded I put a disc in at the neighborhood selection screen. :|
Erry
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 30, 07:15:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my friends had sent me a picture of the taxi trying to drive over the school's stairs. It was also after he had installed the patch, I guess EA fixes something, just to cause another thing to borken, anyways, I think we'll be seeing a patch to patch a patch.

"I go to his page and I see 'Hot Lesbians' as a tab... keep your sex life to yourself, bitch."
DigiGekko
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 30, 07:51:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ffs, someone post a pic of this crap in action.
AngerousAlex
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 30, 07:55:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would, but now I've replaced the crack with the original TS3 file and now the game won't even get passed the neighborhood screen. It says "Please insert disc" or some crap, even with Awesomemod installed. What the hell, EA. What the hell.
Erry
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 30, 08:12:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found it!

"I go to his page and I see 'Hot Lesbians' as a tab... keep your sex life to yourself, bitch."
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 30, 11:46:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA: constantly thinking up new ways to surprise and delight their customers. They know we love hunting for the craziness, so it's not a bug, it's a FEATURE.

I have only played for about 15 minutes after I patched and installed the new AM, so I have not found anything yet.  Sad

More F than you
TheFallen
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 30, 12:59:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A lot of people seem to be having this problem and no solution was found yet, as far as I've seen.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled TS3. No custom content whatsoever. First patch installs fine. Second patch installs fine. Though I notice when I try to play the game after the 1.3 patch, my sims are too stupid to live. Every time they try to go somewhere, they get in a taxi...even if they're in THEIR HOUSE. Which means a taxi comes blowing through the damn wall to try and take them somewhere, then there's a jump bug. 1.3 has made the game completely unplayable.

Putting my CC back does nothing. I've reinstalled and tried everything, but this stupification is directly related to the 1.3 patch. I have the razor version and crack. I'm pretty sure I've installed the right version of the patch. What the hell is going on?

Wow, you've managed to patch your razor version?
I keep on getting the "Invalid file found" error.

But after hearing so many problems with this new patch, I'm not sure if I'll want to risk it...

Further, when I look at all the posts at The Sims 3 Forum>Technical Discussion - I see a heck of a lot of problems submitted by gamers but I can't see anyone from EA replying...what the?!
snapzit
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 30, 13:17:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that after the patch, my normally fine Sim couldn't manage to navigate her own house. She did the "something's in my way" gesture while standing by the bookcase, right next to the door to her room. So I did the "go here" command to her room, and she went in. She is suddenly demented and utterly stupid. When she was in the red zone for tiredness and I sent her to bed, she got in bed, stayed for a half second, jumped up out of bed and passed out on the floor.

Dumb, just dumb.

Perfected the golf clap here.

ENTP
gamb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 30, 13:49:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When she was in the red zone for tiredness and I sent her to bed, she got in bed, stayed for a half second, jumped up out of bed and passed out on the floor.

Dumb, just dumb.
To be fair, they did that pre-patch too.
Anshin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 30, 14:42:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that after the patch, my normally fine Sim couldn't manage to navigate her own house. She did the "something's in my way" gesture while standing by the bookcase, right next to the door to her room. So I did the "go here" command to her room, and she went in. She is suddenly demented and utterly stupid. When she was in the red zone for tiredness and I sent her to bed, she got in bed, stayed for a half second, jumped up out of bed and passed out on the floor.

Dumb, just dumb.

The new version of AwesomeMod fixes the route failures and since then my game has run perfectly, but I bought my game so I can't speak for DL versions.
jrcaporal
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 July 30, 17:23:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not a bug!, its the Harry Potter's flying taxi feature duh!  Roll Eyes

Nothing to see here.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 July 30, 18:21:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow.  This thread is funny, but needz moar pix.

I patched my arred game and it works just fine.  The only strange thing was a car that got strangely abandoned in the middle of the road next to central park.  I have no idea who it belonged to, and I got tired of looking at it, so I ctrl+shirt_clicked on it and said "add to family inv".  I figure, if you're going to leave your car sitting in the road forever, I might as well steal it.   Wink

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Faded
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 July 31, 02:29:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha! I had a great mental image of that: A woman standing at the fridge thinking about going to the grocery to restock, then... BAM! Taxi in the kitchen.

I don't have this particular patch, but I have heard about some other funny things happening from 1.3 (such as sims only being able to eat cereal and break the stove). I too have the Razor version, and have never had anything like this happen.

It sounds like it's coming exclusively from that patch.
Auroraisa
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 July 31, 19:07:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want to save yourself from hours of hair pulling and pain, dont install the patch.   I have a legit copy, so I attempted an update. The patch borks in the middle of the install, and then the game will not load , saying i dont have the CD in ( I tried this with and without the 3booter and the 'disable check cd' ) I removed all mods, still wont complete patch or load.  SO I go to uninstall - and get an error there too....so after manually uninstalling, reinstalling a fresh, pristine copy, updating (mistakenly thinking this was a good idea) THEN adding back in my custom content and mods..... My sims have turned into idiots.  I get route errors for EVERYTHING , even if they are standing directly in front of what ive told them to do with nothing in the way. They wont eat, go to bed, get in the car to go to work, pick up their screaming baby larva, etc..... Seems they'd rather starve / sleep on the floor / get fired than walk in a straight line. Huh

Meanwhile, my husband says he is compiling a bill to send to EA for when I drop-kick my computer down the stairs....
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 July 31, 20:20:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patch works fine with me.

I do not bitch about the fact I did a very stupid thing and left enablescripterror.package and it caused a CTD when I tried to load a neighborhood.

In fact why the FUCK are you complaining about the game not working when you have MODS? if there are issues with pathfinding and you have a mod install TAKE A FUCKING WILD GUESS TO WHAT THE FUCK IS CREATING THE PROBLEM.

I give you a hint.

ITS THE MOD !!!!
AngerousAlex
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 July 31, 20:53:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patch works fine with me.

I do not bitch about the fact I did a very stupid thing and left enablescripterror.package and it caused a CTD when I tried to load a neighborhood.

In fact why the FUCK are you complaining about the game not working when you have MODS? if there are issues with pathfinding and you have a mod install TAKE A FUCKING WILD GUESS TO WHAT THE FUCK IS CREATING THE PROBLEM.

I give you a hint.

ITS THE MOD !!!!

I thought I said I tried it without mods, but whatever...
Mods are not the problem. Even with a vanilla game, the patch fucks it up.
Enelen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 July 31, 20:55:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After the patch, my game asked for CD, too, with Awesome Mod in the mods folder. Of course it was my stupidity: I put the Inteen in the override folder, core mod and all. The moment I took out the Inteen core, the game started up without problems. Try searching your mods folder for some other core mod, it looks like something disables the AM.

FYI, I have the RLD (!) patched to Razor, patched to 1.27 to 1.3. Runs smoothly, no crashes, no problems, no nothing.
AngerousAlex
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 July 31, 21:07:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After the patch, my game asked for CD, too, with Awesome Mod in the mods folder. Of course it was my stupidity: I put the Inteen in the override folder, core mod and all. The moment I took out the Inteen core, the game started up without problems. Try searching your mods folder for some other core mod, it looks like something disables the AM.

FYI, I have the RLD (!) patched to Razor, patched to 1.27 to 1.3. Runs smoothly, no crashes, no problems, no nothing.

AM is the only core mod I have. All the other mods work fine, so this is baffling me. I wish EA could just make a game that...You know. WORKS.
diskoh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 July 31, 21:41:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

editsim/create a sim no longer works for me. just loads forever.
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 July 31, 22:18:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using Delphy Face hack?
diskoh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 July 31, 22:23:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope.

I did clear all of my caches, and have quite a bit of CC like skin, hairs, clothes, etc. So I thought maybe it was just taking a while to reload all that stuff.

But I left it going for well over an hour and it just kept swirling the loading screen.

EDIT: Well it works fine now. Just decided to be wonky randomly.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 31, 22:30:36 by diskoh » Logged
Lum
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 July 31, 22:53:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not necessarily. Might be the type of mod. I patched with all my mods installed (awesome mod and the Indiemod that works with it), have a RLD to Razor and it patched just fine.
ProfPlumbob
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 August 01, 02:02:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I knew it was too good to be true that they fixed that many things, flashing their jumbo list without giving us an equally large list of new surprises!

Imagination will often carry us to places that never were. But without it we go nowhere.  -Carl Sagan
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 August 01, 02:27:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not necessarily.

Of course not necessarily

But mods change scripts, said changes can be incompatible or create issues after a patch that introduces changes.

The always observed rule-of-thumb is remove all mods and check if the mods are compatible with the patch, if so then use and if not wait until it is and then use it.

In the old days in order to use a mod you usually had to have some degree of computer literacy but these days with automatic installers you have a lot of people that cannot even find the directory the game was installed on using mods.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: