More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:29:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Bizarre Bugs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bizarre Bugs  (Read 5715 times)
daydreamer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Bizarre Bugs
« on: 2009 July 30, 03:06:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's something going on with my game.

1) Two households that I play rarely receive wants anymore. And with every household, none of the wants disappear after I achieve them nor do the sims gain Lifetime Points.

2) This weird stop-and-go thing is happening. My sim will be doing something like cooking a meal, stop in the middle of the animation, continue, stop animation, continue, and so on. This happens with everything I tell my sims to do. I know sims have a habit of standing there like idiots before doing an action, but now it takes them even longer to start.

3) My time skips 2 and 3 numbers at a time. For example, it'll be 7:50, skip to 7:52, skip to 7:53, and so on.

# 2 and 3 happened with TS2 too. I'm wondering if this is a computer glitch but I played TS2 and play TS3 on different computers. #1 happened before I installed the new patch, but #2 and 3 just started. 

hidethe_cutlery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Bizarre Bugs
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 30, 10:21:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a similar issue to #1, but only with one Sim, not with a whole household.
I just split him from the household and then merged him back in; I find it's a solve-all to most problems.

Heaven for the climate, hell for the company.
little_lark
Asinine Airhead

Smashing idiots with hammers since 1989

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 31, 18:11:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New bizarre bug: when I switched to the Crumplebottom household and found Agnes, she had become some sort of two-faced monstrosity...

After allowing the game to run for a second or so, she changed back to normal. I suppose that makes this more amusing than distressing.

EDIT: And then, to make things more disturbing, I got this:

It seems that all the schoolkids, instead of going home like they should, stood in the exact same place outside the school and merged with each other. Every time a new kid would come out, he would walk straight into the pile and mush with them. I'm in control of the top two on the pile, but they won't obey instructions to "go here" or "go home".
« Last Edit: 2009 July 31, 18:26:50 by little_lark » Logged
Wiseguy
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 31, 20:10:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's just one of those new, "Progressive" schools practicing "Ultimate Equality" - All Children are One!

songbirdrobyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 31, 21:25:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh my that's one fugly child mess!!

little_lark:
Might I ask where that hair with the curly end bits is from?

little_lark
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 01, 23:52:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's so creepy - I can identify four kids in there, including poor little Mortimer Goth's shoes!

I'm pretty sure the hair is by Peggy, and you can find it packaged free and non-replacement over at Garden of Shadows.
songbirdrobyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 02, 19:15:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks I found the links for it here, in the SAU & Others Hair Replacement thread!

Good stuff!

Gives new meaning the the thought of the melting pot of peoples.

diskoh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 02, 19:28:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you haven't gotten them to move yet, you could just turn moveobjects on and move them in buy mode.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 02, 20:29:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try to edit the school. That will instantly expel them all.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
little_lark
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 02, 21:46:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what I thought too, but when I went to edit the school (didn't actually make any changes, just entered the Build/Buy mode from Edit Town) they were still stuck when I restarted the game. It was well into the night at this point (over 8 or 9 hours stuck). That's when I switched to my other lot and got the Invisi-Sim/Flagrant System Error... at that point I figured I would just shut it down until I figured out what was wrong with it. I forgot to save a separate copy of the broken file, though.  I reloaded it today from the previous save file and everything seems okay so far, but I've only played for a few minutes.
songbirdrobyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 03, 06:29:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which reminds me, I still need to get a snap of the taxi car in my Sims' kitchen.

Good lulz!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: