More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 16:45:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  EUARGH!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EUARGH!  (Read 28503 times)
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

Just say "NO" to Womrats!

View Profile WWW
EUARGH!
« on: 2005 November 22, 11:35:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*sputter.curse.massacre* So, I've been playing something else lately, and haven't so much as looked at anything Sims related, nor checked my email until tonight. I saw in my inbox, some PM notifications from people at this site.. saying they couldn't download my stuff. Now, I know the thread explains how to get around Angelfire's bull-shit, so I was rightly confused. I checked my site only to see that it had been DELETED BY ANGELFIRE. What's wrong with this picture? I tried to be patient, I tried to give it time to work itself out, I held my tongue when Angelfire sent me a bull-shit response to my problems.. And now they decide to delete it, just like that. What the hell? What the HELL!? Excuse me while I go sob in the corner from frustration.

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
Re: EUARGH!
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 22, 12:23:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well hell Dylan, that stinks. I'm sorry to hear that, and I hope that you and Reg can get something going soon. I know it'll be a while, because you all are still recovering from Katrina, and the holidays are coming up, and you have some personal worries with a family-members health, but that doesn't save me from being utterly selfish.

I am glad I downloaded your skins before angelfire acted idiotic, but I'm sad that people who wanted your superb vampire skin now have to wait. Maybe you could post at least that in the peasant section? Although I could certainly understand if you didn't want your great stuff all over the place, and rather wait 'till you guys get something going. I don't remember the size limit JM has set there, but if its up to a certain size, it shouldn't be a problem. (I have to read the RTFM again, sigh).

I happen to think that your skins are great, and only your vampire skin made me play vampires more. I hated the tint of the maxis skin very much indeed. Who ever heard of a grey vampire? I know they are a figment of Stoker's imagination (or not Wink), but bleed out things are pale, not grey.

Again, sorry to hear that they deleted you site right out from under you. I never liked angelfire, my browser absolutely hated anglefire and had to coaxed, bribed, or threatened to open their sites, but that's a new one.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 22, 12:55:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think he said it was around 700k-ish. He said he didn't want large files like skins. Tongue

You could try rapidshare.de. I confess to not knowing the particulars about how to put files up there, but I've seen a number of people on boards link to their files there and some of the files were quite large too. There's Fileplanet too, but people might have to wait in line for it sometimes. Tongue

Of course there's always *gasp* The Exchange. We'll all rate you high and give you benes so the download doesn't get removed.  Grin

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 22, 13:05:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're right Motoki, he wants it kept around 640. Oh well, maybe you could consider the exchange Dylan? Just for a little while? I promise all my benes and five star ratings for it for as long as it's up, cross my heart.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
ari_
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 22, 14:44:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the file in question DylanTK_DefaultVampirePaste (filesize 1,6MB)? Because if so, I have that on my HD and cound put it on my site temporarily until you find some other place to host it, or email it out to people who request it.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 22, 16:49:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That explains why I couldn't get to it last night when I followed a link to it on a thread.  I think I remember seeing it once before and not downloading it because I had only just got NL and liked the red eyes (well, I still like the red eyes), but I'm finding now that the vampires are just too similar to the zombies, especially since I had a Grand Vamp shack-up with a zombie who keeps going from zombie-vamp to zombie and back to zombie-vamp depending on whether he gets to her that day before sunrise or not and how many vials of vampicillin she has in her inventory.  In other words, I'd like to download it now.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 22, 17:49:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dylan, I offered on another thread to email the .rar file to a couple people who asked.  I should have asked you first.  I am so sorry I didn't!  Do you want this to happen or not?  I will do what you say, as it's your creation.

PLease forgive my presumtuousness (sp?)

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 22, 19:42:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want, I could set up a section for you on my website. I've got plenty of extra space and bandwidth because I don't really use it. I don't have any of your files other than the alien replacement skin and pollination tech, though. If you're interested PM me and we could work out the details.

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 25, 16:41:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey guys. Sorry I've been MIA so much. Between my own health, life in general, and this new addictive game, I haven't had any time or energy left for the most part. My mom has given me the go-ahead to purchase webspace, so I'll try to have that all set up very soon. Anyone who feels inclined to share my skins, please do. And that goes for any point in time, not just now. As long as I get proper credit, I don't mind who puts it where. So if anyone feels like hosting it, you may do that as well.. I'll notify you guys as soon as the forum is all set up, if my mom doesn't beat me to it.

Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 25, 16:48:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your skins are very nice GloamingMerle.     I used your violetwinkle skins to replace my aliens.   Everything
went well until they transition to teens.    Then I have a purple head with the old maxi alien green skin.  Any
chance of this being fixed?   Or have I just missed the boat? Smiley
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 25, 17:02:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Humour me: Go to MyDocuments/EAGames/TheSims2/, then delete the Groups.cache file (or move it to your desktop if your the paranoid sort, though I swear that deleting it is safe), run the game, and go check on your chimeric sim. I'd like to see if this works, considering someone else had teen transition issues. I'm sort of amazed that anyone is having issues, because my mom and I have been using it before University existed with zero issues this entire time. I don't doubt it though.. You never can tell what's going to happen on other people's computers sometimes.

Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 25, 17:08:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for answering so quickly.    I am unable to do try this until later today.    When I get home I will try and post back to let you know how it goes.

Thanks Marg Smiley
Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 25, 17:37:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have your vampire skin and love it!  I know of a friend that wanted one and I had directed her to you just last night not knowing you had lost your site.  Since you do not mind us sharing your skins I would like to zip and email it to her and just wondered if it is only the one file I need to zip or if there is more.  The file I have is the DylanTK_DefaultVampirePaste.package.  Is that the only one I send or is there another part that I need to upload to her as well?

Rohina: Motion to Expel Myth from the Senate. Just testing an hypothesis. Nothing to do with the fact that she smells like ass.
Flowerchile: Have you be'd norty again Mythie?
Mythchick: No, I just followed Rohina around a little and now smell like ass.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 25, 17:48:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, that was me!  My vampiric Sim-self doesn't look good at all.

I haven't done a search on here yet to see if the skins were anywhere to be found yet, though.
Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 25, 17:48:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL  Grin  Yes Blue I was asking for you.

Rohina: Motion to Expel Myth from the Senate. Just testing an hypothesis. Nothing to do with the fact that she smells like ass.
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 25, 19:55:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have your vampire skin and love it!  I know of a friend that wanted one and I had directed her to you just last night not knowing you had lost your site.  Since you do not mind us sharing your skins I would like to zip and email it to her and just wondered if it is only the one file I need to zip or if there is more.  The file I have is the DylanTK_DefaultVampirePaste.package.  Is that the only one I send or is there another part that I need to upload to her as well?

The full alien setup is three files, but for vampires it's only one.. That's the one you have listed, so send away. Smiley

Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 25, 20:16:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the reply.  I know Blue will be as happy as I am with your awesome skins.

I never did get the alien ones, when you have something back up and ready make sure to let us know.  I for one missed out on that and would like them as well.

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 26, 03:48:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm disappointed I missed the alien skins as well...  not inclined to play vampires, but I do have a few aliens running around

one quick question - if the alien skin goes in, does it affect existing aliens at all?
Star
Asinine Airhead

This is what Democracy looks like loves

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 26, 04:03:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would love to see the alien and vampire skins put up again.

I had decided to delete all of my downloads and figured that your site would still contain them. I know it is no fault of your own, of course, but I would love to have them back, lol! Your pollination tech. made such lovely aliens!

PROUD DEMOCRAT

Are you spending too much time online? Find out now!
http://www.netaddiction.com/resources/internet_addiction_test.htm
If so, how about taking up some underwater basket weaving!
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2005 November 26, 04:08:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it most certainly effects existing aliens in the game. If they have big eyes and a non-existent nose, they will still look that way with the full alien replacement setup... However, they'll have changed skin and eye colors. New aliens will be born by a different father (in a sense), and have different physical characteristics.

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 November 26, 04:12:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok...  I can live with that...

now, I just need to get hold of the alien skins!

*waits patiently*
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 November 26, 04:30:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I did what you asked me to.   I removed the Groups.cache file and restarted my game.

I still have beatiful purple heads and green bodies.

Here are a few pictures at photoBucket
http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/firth1/Sims2/?sc=1

Marg
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2005 November 26, 07:27:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your poor little bi-colored sims..  Undecided

Are you sure you don't have any other default skin replacements that may include aliens? Hmmm... I'll try to look up issues with default skin replacements, maybe someone else has run into this problem.

Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 November 26, 07:50:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes my poor little bi-color simmies.    I thought that I had disabled the other skins I had in there.   I use the CI so it's not hard to do.   I will go in tomorrow and double check them again just to be sure.    I really like the color on these skins, and daddy poly tech makes very nice babies.   

Marg
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2005 November 26, 08:23:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Frustratingly enough, I found some people with the very same problem on the threads of other default replacement skins, but no solution listed.. Possibly they figured it out on their own, got help elsewhere, or gave up.  Undecided

I'm done for tonight, but I'll start looking around again tomorrow.. If I can't find anything, I'll post on modthesims help section.. Someone is bound to know how to fix it, right? I'm not sure that JM or TJ could help, since they don't make that kind of stuff.  Tongue

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: