More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 12:28:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Installshield issue.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Installshield issue.  (Read 2581 times)
SilentDream
Asinine Airhead

Diva

View Profile
Installshield issue.
« on: 2009 August 02, 23:26:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did some basic searching, checked the last two pages here and I found nothing to help me. But I admit I more than likely missed the answer to my question.

I figure this is a problem with my computer or more likely something stupid I did. With my old computer I knew so much more but now that I have vista, I seem to have become retarded - so feel free to poke.

Anyway, patched up to 1.3 with awesomeware and had a crashing problem which I read that reinstalling would help with. So uninstalled, no problem (but I think this is where I screwed up, I did a control panel uninstall) and reinstalled. When I try to patch to 1.2.7, it throws up an error (error: -5006 : 0x80004005 <- if it's useful to anyone) when trying to access the install shield. Trying to be a good little trouble shooter, I figured there could be an error in the file for whatever reason, deleted it and downloaded a new one. This is not exclusive to patch 1.2.7. I attempted 1.3 just to check.

The error screen says something about making sure there isn't another installer running. I can't imagine how there could be another and even completely restarted the system to make sure nothing was. I've also attempted to run this as an administrator seeing as vista is just..... absolutely retarded.

With broken wings, we'll fly away
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Installshield issue.
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 03, 00:39:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is, indeed, possible to have more than one installer running at a time. The Launcher/Installer loves to open a new version of itself every time you try to do anything with the game. Just check your system tray to make sure there aren't multiple versions running, and right-click any extra ones to close them.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
SilentDream
Asinine Airhead

Diva

View Profile
Re: Installshield issue.
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 03, 01:07:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh I believe it, I know I've managed to open more than a few, and usually the installer will throw an error at me and close itself. That's why I mentioned that I completely restarted the system to ensure nothing was running under some weird name I couldn't identify in the processes. I'm really thinking this is a system issue and am currently attempting to update this and that to see if it solves anything.

I just can't comprehend what what worked just two days ago is no longer functioning.

With broken wings, we'll fly away
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: