More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:48:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Patch 1.3 Released
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Patch 1.3 Released  (Read 105419 times)
jrcaporal
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Patch 1.3 Released
« Reply #75 on: 2009 July 29, 23:51:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My update was unsuccesful several times, I DID removed all of my Mods and I didn't have any .ini edited files, it just couldn't update my game properly, so this is what I did in order to get this crap working:

1. I made a Back-Up of My Documents folder (For the saved games and downloads).

2. Uninstalled the game.

(In my case the uninstaller was all f*cked up (what a surprise don't you think? Roll Eyes), so I had to manually delete the game folder from the installation directory, then I opened the RegEdit and searched for every trace of TS3, in this case I just searched for Electronic Arts, since I had no other EA game installed atm (thank heaven  Tongue), then I erased the folders containing all those Electronic Arts values, but I had to check very well what I was erasing, don't do it if you don't know what the hell you're doing, otherwise you'll damage your programs or even your OS. And with that done, that was it, no more TS3.)

3. Then I re-installed the game, as usual.

4. After that I applied the 1st patch.

5. And finally this new patch ran correctly.

NOTE: You HAVE to run your game without any Mods after you re-installed and patched it, that way your game will create again the files to run properly, after you do that, exit the game and restore your backed-up data, you're also free now to re-add the mods that you want, but you need to watch out for the updates of the Core Mods only, or the game will crash (How blessing is EA Cool).

I hope that helps you morons  Cheesy

Nothing to see here.
Sammy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2009 July 30, 00:02:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yet another nearly clueless person trying, and failing, to apply this patch. I'm installing it on a fresh install (not arred or downloaded) - no mods or anything. The rtpatch.log tells me this:
"Blah blah blah
Applying DFC Update for 'Game\Bin\code_version.txt'
Error: err0031 - Invalid file found"

I have replaced the code_version.txt with the one copied off the CD many times, but still no luck. Bah.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: 2009 July 30, 00:05:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, same thing I'm having to do, jrcaporal.  Can't believe the uninstaller ended up fucked in the end, too.  I deleted registry key after registry key and temp files, and it was still being a bitch about uninstalling.  GAH!  Fucking insane!

Sammy, I hate to say this, but I'm willing to bet you'll have to reinstall, too, because no matter how many things I replaced with the originals (over and over again), the whole thing was still seriously fucked. 

Too many retards
cum heer n tipe jus liek dis
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

INTP, if you care about that.
Sammy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2009 July 30, 00:25:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, same thing I'm having to do, jrcaporal.  Can't believe the uninstaller ended up fucked in the end, too.  I deleted registry key after registry key and temp files, and it was still being a bitch about uninstalling.  GAH!  Fucking insane!

Sammy, I hate to say this, but I'm willing to bet you'll have to reinstall, too, because no matter how many things I replaced with the originals (over and over again), the whole thing was still seriously fucked. 

Hurr, good thing I decided to try and patch after I just installed it, then. I had just felt the urge to reinstall the blasted thing to. Bah, maybe I'll be more inspired tomorrow.
jrcaporal
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2009 July 30, 00:27:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yet another nearly clueless person trying, and failing, to apply this patch. I'm installing it on a fresh install (not arred or downloaded) - no mods or anything. The rtpatch.log tells me this:
"Blah blah blah

I have replaced the code_version.txt with the one copied off the CD many times, but still no luck. Bah.

Have you Re-installed from blank and then applied the 1st patch right after? Also make sure to have the correct version of the patches (US/WW/EU/DD).

No matter what things you replace, some of the games are seriously borked.

Nothing to see here.
StormchaserOne
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2009 July 30, 00:40:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kerryee except you left out one thing.  Pescado can always dish out anything better than what EA gives out.  Always get the EA patches less work for Pescado.  But, on most cases more work.  But, Pescado can dish out a fix in 24 hours of a patch.  Wonders if Pescado works for EA.  That patch was close to an exact duplicate of Awesome Mod and coincidence just weeks after the Awesome/IndieStone Mod.  There is no coincidence there is The Force.

Pescado could eat EA developers alive.  Without Pescado, SIMs communities would be boring.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2009 July 30, 00:51:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado could eat EA developers alive.  Without Pescado, SIMs communities would be boring.
No way. They're scrawny nerd-types, so they'd be like, no meat on them, and they'd either be nothing but bones, or be nothing but lard. Are you trying to give me a coronary?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sammy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2009 July 30, 00:57:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Blah blah blah

Have you Re-installed from blank and then applied the 1st patch right after? Also make sure to have the correct version of the patches (US/WW/EU/DD).

No matter what things you replace, some of the games are seriously borked.

Yes, fresh-install. When I last uninstalled I deleted everything that I could find that had to do with TS3. A month later I got the urge to play, the very same day the new patch was released. Got around to installing today then tried to apply the patch right after. I tried the correct version, supposedly, but I'll try another version just for the hell of it to see what happens.
Kerryee
Blathering Buffoon

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2009 July 30, 02:47:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I join the reinstall crowd, but with a fun new twist. 

I had to uninstall (which in my case worked, with my System Mechanic), reinstall, run both patches, re-up my saved data, mods, downloads, etc, and then I crossed my fingers and gave it a go.... epic fail.  My Legacy house (and actual, whole town I later found out), became entirely unplayable for me.  I had no thumbnails, no abilities to interact with anything.  Didn't matter where I went or which house I went to, I got to watch the Sims play themselves.  Removing mods and trying again made no difference, so I figured I somehow corrupted my saved data, and decided, reluctantly, to start a new neighborhood again.

This time I decided to try Riverview, since I have no luck with Sunset Valley.  Loaded it up, grabbed my Legacy founder from the Library, and for some reason, couldn't buy a blank plot of land... any plot of land.  Why?  Because for some inane reason, they all cost multi-millions of dollars!  Every freakin' property and house in Riverview either cost upwards of 1 mil or absolutely nothing.  So, just as a test, I decide to load up a random pre-set family from there, just to find out how borked my game really is.  Never loaded.  After an hour of it saying it was still loading, I gave up.  I am now redoing my game again.
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2009 July 30, 03:10:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope somebody will make a nice, convenient FAQ on how to install the 1.3 patch without any gotchas for those of us that are watching all this and feeling rather hesitant about the whole thing.  It sounds like a real mess.

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: 2009 July 30, 03:13:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is a mess.  I only downloaded the damn thing because I noticed that Pes had updated AM to be compatible, and I've spent the last six hours of my day trying different tactics to get it to install before finally giving up and reinstalling the game (only to run into uninstalling AND reinstalling problems).

It's acting different ways with different users, so I don't know if a guide would help at this point.  Hell, chanting and voodoo are tried and true practices; you'd have better luck with those.

Too many retards
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

Kerryee
Blathering Buffoon

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2009 July 30, 03:18:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If this doesn't work, I may resort to sacrificing kittens. Roll Eyes
kattenijin
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2009 July 30, 03:19:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I discovered what my issue was, I had removed the goddamn EAcrap from the library file, and had to replace it all.

Basically, to get the patch to install smoothly, you need EVERY original game file to be available to the patcher. Gah.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: 2009 July 30, 03:29:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I discovered what my issue was, I had removed the goddamn EAcrap from the library file, and had to replace it all.

Basically, to get the patch to install smoothly, you need EVERY original game file to be available to the patcher. Gah.

Unless it hangs on the Launcher (as in my case) which you can't replace with an original file from the CD or iso, so you're stuck reinstalling the game.

Too many retards
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

Kerryee
Blathering Buffoon

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2009 July 30, 04:06:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If this doesn't work, I may resort to sacrificing kittens. Roll Eyes

That shit ain't even funneh.
It was meant to go along with the voodoo implications.  After all, there aren't enough virgins to go around anymore.
moondance
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2009 July 30, 04:30:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine bitched about a file not being found, so I put the pre-made families back into the library, and it installed just fine.
The game started up fine, the neighborhood loaded fine.
The only problem I've had--that I've discovered, anyway--is that I had a boatload of sims who were stuck outside their places of work. They'd been at work when I saved last before installing the patch and new AM. Their shifts had all been over for hours--or maybe an entire day--their motives were in the red, and they were stuck there in their uniforms, with the "work" tone selector/progress bar still up.  Canceling it and telling them to go home did nothing. I had to find and reset each and every one of them, and if there is a way to reset every sim in the whole damn town at the same time I wish I had known about it.
Oh and there was a stray limo stuck outside City Hall. Otherwise, everything seems fine so far.
Remarkably smooth install for an EA patch, really.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2009 July 30, 06:32:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NOTE: You HAVE to run your game without any Mods after you re-installed and patched it, that way your game will create again the files to run properly, after you do that, exit the game and restore your backed-up data, you're also free now to re-add the mods that you want, but you need to watch out for the updates of the Core Mods only, or the game will crash (How blessing is EA Cool).

Voodoo

Voodoo

Mine bitched about a file not being found, so I put the pre-made families back into the library, and it installed just fine.

Voodoo.

Good lord where is Miss Cleo when you need her?

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: 2009 July 30, 06:49:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still up to the same bullshit, I'm sure.

Too many retards
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

moondance
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2009 July 30, 06:53:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hah, yeah, I was thinking "voodoo" when I replaced the families but you know, if voodoo works, I'll go with voodoo.
farmersimmer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2009 July 30, 06:59:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Finally! after reinstalling Sims 3 payed version 10x, I got it to patch U.S version with french patch? but cannot install awesomemod and indiestone, when I try Awesomemod it says unknown file type ( I have delphy monkey installed) any ideas?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2009 July 30, 07:04:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why in heaven's name would you apply the French patch to the English version and what genius at EA allowed such a thing to be possible?

As for 'installing' Awesomemod you don't need the Delphy tool. That's for the lazy. Just drop the damned thing in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages or the Hacks subdirectory under packages and call it good. Make sure you have the resource.cfg though. The Delphy tool should install that.

Now as for the Delphy tool not recognizing it, it should recognize a package file.

Please tell me you unzipped it after you downloaded it. Tongue

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Lavandula
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2009 July 30, 07:36:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Original TSLHost.dll: http://www.2shared.com/file/6515138/367ff3ea/TSLHost.html
By the way, what's with the crack? Shouldn't we wait until the crack is updated to newest version?

I installed the 1.3 patch still using the 1.2.7 crack, latest AwesomeMod and Indie Stone mod, it worked fine. Before I patched it, I just cut the entire mod folder on desktop, put it back after the patch installed, delete all the cache files in C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 folder. It didn't crash and the game ran smoothly. (I have the retail version.)
« Last Edit: 2009 July 30, 08:59:04 by Lavandula » Logged
Keksich
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2009 July 30, 10:15:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it LOOKS like it's going smoothly, it doesn't mean everything is alright. The game might just be headed towards BFBVFS without us noticing.

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."

"Friend!!"
theblackcatsluck
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2009 July 30, 10:20:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay so I can't get my game to patch, I even uninstalled and reinstalled. I have no mod file in there, I even removed my downloads folder. I'm still getting the invalid file error. I have windows vista, and I still can't find half the stuff on this damn thing. I had to use to a outside uninstaller, Revo Uninstaller, to uninstall the sims 3 because it wouldn't even uninstall for me so I had to do an manual uninstall. Any ideas?
Finally got it to work by uninstalling again, and re-reinstalling, then redownloading the patch.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 30, 11:20:20 by theblackcatsluck » Logged
Lavandula
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2009 July 30, 10:41:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it LOOKS like it's going smoothly, it doesn't mean everything is alright. The game might just be headed towards BFBVFS without us noticing.

Maybe it is, maybe it's not, I've been playing for 3 hours now and I haven't noticed anything weird happened yet. I guess I'll find out soon if it is heading towards BFBVFS.
Besides, I'm using AwesomeMod, since no-cd is included which means I don't really need a no-cd crack now, do I?
« Last Edit: 2009 July 30, 11:19:03 by Lavandula » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: