More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 08:07:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Install 1.3 update or not?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Install 1.3 update or not?  (Read 69580 times)
Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
Re: Install 1.3 update or not?
« Reply #100 on: 2009 August 01, 07:42:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was over at EA today reading some of the posts about the borkiness people have been experiencing with the patch, and it was funny in a sicko kind of way. The first couple of pages, people were reporting problems and pasting their tech data, and everyone was basically being told to update their drivers. Yeah, right. But what was rather amusing was that by page 14, 15, and 16 (I skipped ahead!), people were saying things like 'I know my PC is up to date and %$#& you, EA". LOL.

BTW, people were posting the same kind of stuff that I've seen here (I haven't experienced any issues myself since I haven't patched yet and don't plan to at this time!), and apparently they have to take mods out before they post issues or their posts seem to get deleted. So yeah, it looks to me like most of these are EA issues, not AM issues, but unless they've admitted fault after I visited, no, I don't think EA has acknowledged anything.

Hey Tangie -

I posted just ONE post in the 1.3 Bug thread about how EAxis should admit they've made a mistake... along w/tweaking one of their Sim Gurus who goes by the name of "Big Guy" and received a warning today in my personal email that my post was inappropriate for derogatory statements... all I said basically was that his and my reading comprehension were vastly different as he had posted that the "majority of simmers were having no problems w/the 1.3 patch unless they had used AM or IS"... and I countered w/the statement that I had been scanning several websites that suggested something far different... so of course all the "Gurus" have to keep their heads really far up Eaxis' ass... and I don't think Eaxis will ever admit anything ever...  Roll Eyes   Wink

Can you say "anti-modding" ?  LOL !   Tongue

"Life is not about surviving the storms but rather how to dance in the rain" ~

Luther Vandross ~ Forever, For Always, For Love ~ 2005

Genius - Flirty - Friendly - Good Sense of Humor - Great Kisser ~
Narya
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2009 August 01, 09:52:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. So I just reinstalled my game, installed the first patch to the vanilla game, and now wanted to update to the second patch, but it still says "Invalid file found". Did anyone else have that problem? Really running out of ideas here.
BobDob
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2009 August 01, 11:14:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. So I just reinstalled my game, installed the first patch to the vanilla game, and now wanted to update to the second patch, but it still says "Invalid file found". Did anyone else have that problem? Really running out of ideas here.
If you read the thread, you'll notice several people post about that.  Anyway, search for the file "rtpatch.log".  You'll probably find a few if your install failed more than once.  Open the most recent one in a text editor and look at the bottom of the file.  It should tell you exactly which file it had a problem with.
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2009 August 01, 17:53:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Wolfeyes: I actually remember reading your post (although I didn't know it was YOU at the time  Smiley) But I'm not surprised you were admonished about it; they clearly don't like criticism, independant thinkers, or anyone who questions their authority in any way. Basically, they're ^%holes!

I read a post from someone on this board just a few minutes ago (sorry, I already forgot who!), that said they called EA and were told to not download the patch, that they knew it was flawed and that they would be creating a new patch. If that's true, I thought that was a pretty interesting admission, but that is obviously not a public acknowledgement.
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2009 August 01, 18:06:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are reading too much into thing ... well drawing the wrong conclusions.

Official forums are all like that, they pick some users to be moderators and the whole thing is just a PR gig as very few if any of the actual development team bothers to check the forums and any "user feedback" is given to then by the community manager.

The Sims 3 Official Forums are in no way different that Bethsoft or Bioware (ok BioWare is now EA) forums.

The reason moderators act that way is simple, they are spineless little shits that want to hold to the little power they have, even if its as pathetic as of being a moderator.

twoftmama
Blathering Buffoon

Domestic Goddess

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2009 August 01, 21:37:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA is basically blaming everything on modding.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/78530.page

If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left handed people are in their right mind.

TFM'S Naughty Sims Asylum
Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2009 August 01, 21:43:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Wolfeyes: I actually remember reading your post (although I didn't know it was YOU at the time  Smiley) But I'm not surprised you were admonished about it; they clearly don't like criticism, independant thinkers, or anyone who questions their authority in any way. Basically, they're ^%holes!

I read a post from someone on this board just a few minutes ago (sorry, I already forgot who!), that said they called EA and were told to not download the patch, that they knew it was flawed and that they would be creating a new patch. If that's true, I thought that was a pretty interesting admission, but that is obviously not a public acknowledgement.

Yeah... I'm Wolfstarz over there so I can see how you wouldn't have known it was me... and the fact that EAxis does not acknowledge things publicly is the very root of their problem... I don't know why they can't even take the attitude of "Hey we're all human and make mistakes from time to time..."  Maybe they all have the "Perfectionist" trait... and it's not so hidden anymore...   Tongue   Roll Eyes

"Life is not about surviving the storms but rather how to dance in the rain" ~

Luther Vandross ~ Forever, For Always, For Love ~ 2005

Genius - Flirty - Friendly - Good Sense of Humor - Great Kisser ~
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2009 August 02, 00:37:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I understand EA techs: mix their experience with the average sw user (idiot AND entitled) with the bunch of BBS delusional bug reports... I can't honestly blame them too much. As a matter of fact they know that many players use mods; they don't have the slightest idea of how they're made or work, nor they know how to trust a bug report. I mean, if you were an EA programmer/tech, and a random 12 would tell you s/he "didn't touch ANYTHING at all, honest!", would you trust him/her?

This doesn't discharge them of the patch crime: the 1.3 is massively fucked up anyway; sooner or later they'll have to acknowledge that (silently) and fix the crap.

In my case I'm partly lucky: I don't experience weirdness playing TS3 patched in Windows, but in Mac OS (same machine, same executable, same files, same configuration, same saved game) is literally unplayable.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: