More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:00:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Install 1.3 update or not?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Install 1.3 update or not?  (Read 69233 times)
Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
Re: Install 1.3 update or not?
« Reply #75 on: 2009 July 30, 20:13:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I don't know if anyone can help me here but I've read 18 copies of my rtpatch.log and it says that the 1.3 patch is getting hung up on the Baker.package which I know is one of the families from the Library and which I've replaced 3 times from my DVD game files when the mirror ones here didn't help...  My patch.log is not recording all the times I've attempted to install the patch so now can't tell what it's hanging up on but still getting the "File Not Found" error code... have also replaced all gameplaydata, gameplay, etc files and never had the shader or camera mods...

So, finally decided to just save my Saved Sims, Saved Games, Downloads to my desktop... and uninstall the entire game... only to be met w/this error code:

Error Information:
>Kernel\KernelMedia.cpp (95)
>SetupNew\setup.cpp (851)
PAPP:
PVENDOR:Electronic Arts (http://www.TheSims3.com)
PGUID:C05D8CDB-417D-4335-A38C-A0659EDFD6B8
$15.0.0.498
@Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600)
IE Version: 8.0.6001.18702

I just re-updated the XP SP3... so now am completely stumped as how to even uninstall my game... any help or suggestions would be much appreciated...   Roll Eyes

"Life is not about surviving the storms but rather how to dance in the rain" ~

Luther Vandross ~ Forever, For Always, For Love ~ 2005

Genius - Flirty - Friendly - Good Sense of Humor - Great Kisser ~
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: 2009 July 30, 20:22:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Make backups of beloved mods and whatnot.

Get Revo Uninstaller; it's free.  Using the advanced setting (it'll ask you four of which you'd like to do), go to uninstall TS3, ignore the same bullshit error code again and continue on hitting Next, deleting every fucking trace of the program (or just do it manually without Revo, but make sure you delete the patch files from the Temp folder and the registry keys).

You have to make sure you delete every trace -- and I mean EVERY trace -- of the bastard patch and TS3 before it will uninstall properly (also don't be surprised if it takes a while to reinstall; mine kept hanging).

ETA:  You'll probably want Revo in any case.  I tried deleting shit manually like I usually do, but no matter how many times I deleted registry keys, they were STILL there.

Too many retards
cum heer n tipe jus liek dis
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

INTP, if you care about that.
dlznyc
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2009 July 30, 20:39:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the new version of Awesomemod backwards compatible for not-yet-patched games?  Or is it even useful for people who haven't updated to use the new one?
Well, doing so makes you running the Unholy Hybrid, but in THEORY, it shouldn't blow up.

I was actually going to ask the same question. I just installed the newest version of AM, and I get through the initial loading screen fine, but get an immediate soft crash when going to load the saved game. I have NOT installed the latest sims3 patch yet.

I am having the EXACT same issue. I am guessing that the new Awesome blows up un-patched games, as J. M. said.  Shocked

Does anyone have a previous version of Awesome that they would be willing to upload to us peasants?

I backed up the previous release I was running from 7-23, I can email it if you like

I encountered the same problem... and didn't back up the old version of awesomemod. Can you email me a copy, too? I am going to send you an email now. Thanks!
JBoat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2009 July 30, 21:34:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just an FYI for those of you trying to use older versions of AM:

If you aren't willing to patch your Sims 3 copy, and instead try to use it unpatched with an older version of AwesomeMod, don't bother posting with any problems in the meantime on these forums.  Nothing Pescado hates more than bug reports and requests for help from people using outdated versions.  The latest copy of AM seems to work fine with all my savegames, both AM enabled ones and not.  Perhaps you should clean your old savegame of any AM elements first (with the new patch installed), and then install the new AM.

Or, you could try and help Pes find out where problems in AM are coming from (which is the whole point of him time-bombing copies).  AM is actually still a beta, and as such we're unofficially expected to help when we find problems by reporting bugs.

Raycee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2009 July 30, 21:41:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Make backups of beloved mods and whatnot.

Get Revo Uninstaller; it's free.  Using the advanced setting (it'll ask you four of which you'd like to do), go to uninstall TS3, ignore the same bullshit error code again and continue on hitting Next, deleting every fucking trace of the program (or just do it manually without Revo, but make sure you delete the patch files from the Temp folder and the registry keys).

You have to make sure you delete every trace -- and I mean EVERY trace -- of the bastard patch and TS3 before it will uninstall properly (also don't be surprised if it takes a while to reinstall; mine kept hanging).

ETA:  You'll probably want Revo in any case.  I tried deleting shit manually like I usually do, but no matter how many times I deleted registry keys, they were STILL there.

Thanks!  Now I just need to reinstall the rest of my custom content and recreate my sim families.  Thanks EA.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: 2009 July 30, 21:46:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just save everything in your Sims folder that's under My Documents.  Your saved families are there, and after you reinstall, you should just be able to copy them back into the fresh install like I did.

Too many retards
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

Raycee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2009 July 30, 22:59:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I did reinstall.  I got my families etc., but my game now does not recognize my custon content even though the content is in the appropriate folders (I checked against my laptop which I haven't used for a week).  I have looked around, but I can't find any place to enable custom content like was on the opening menu for Sims 2.  What am I doing wrong now?
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: 2009 July 30, 23:01:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You do have the Resource.cfg file in the appropriate spot, yes?

Too many retards
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2009 July 30, 23:02:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, first I want to take the time to thank Motoki, Anonym, Twoftmama and Zaphod for helping me out here a LOT !

Next, I successfully performed the manual un-install of my game... and now can load and play... and am about to load up the newest version of AM and a few XML tuning mods as well... however, I do have just one problem... in that I cannot see my previous Saved SV game even tho I had placed it on my desktop along w/my SavedSims file... which I cannot see either... yet ~

JBoat... how do I remove any traces of the old AM on them ?  Maybe you could PM me w/that info if you don't want to take up space here... and I can see all of my cc downloads and use them EXCEPT for the ones from the TS3 store that I paid for... figures!  Any ideas or suggestions are once again much appreciated...   Huh

JBoat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2009 July 30, 23:15:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JBoat... how do I remove any traces of the old AM on them ?  Maybe you could PM me w/that info if you don't want to take up space here...
If you can start the game and load a savegame, there should be no need to clean a save of any old mod or AM content.  I am fairly sure the newer AM can handle old AM content fine.  If there was a problem with the latest patch install and you had to clean a savegame of all mods and core mods, you'd have to un-patch The Sims, remove all mods/core mods, load the savegame (or try to), and then re-save.  That's what cleaning is.  Sometimes it works on modded savegames, sometimes not.

Did you run the TS3 Launcher and check to see if all of your downloads are installed?  That's where both the purchased and free (shared) stuff is.  The folder for it is in \My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads\.  If you made a backup folder of that before uninstalling/reinstalling, you can simply move the contents back in, restart the Launcher, and re-install all of it.

mikrokitty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2009 July 30, 23:23:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the new version of Awesomemod backwards compatible for not-yet-patched games?  Or is it even useful for people who haven't updated to use the new one?
Well, doing so makes you running the Unholy Hybrid, but in THEORY, it shouldn't blow up.

I was actually going to ask the same question. I just installed the newest version of AM, and I get through the initial loading screen fine, but get an immediate soft crash when going to load the saved game. I have NOT installed the latest sims3 patch yet.

I am having the EXACT same issue. I am guessing that the new Awesome blows up un-patched games, as J. M. said.  Shocked

Does anyone have a previous version of Awesome that they would be willing to upload to us peasants?

I backed up the previous release I was running from 7-23, I can email it if you like

I encountered the same problem... and didn't back up the old version of awesomemod. Can you email me a copy, too? I am going to send you an email now. Thanks!

sent  Smiley
Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2009 July 30, 23:27:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JBoat... how do I remove any traces of the old AM on them ?  Maybe you could PM me w/that info if you don't want to take up space here...
If you can start the game and load a savegame, there should be no need to clean a save of any old mod or AM content.  I am fairly sure the newer AM can handle old AM content fine.  If there was a problem with the latest patch install and you had to clean a savegame of all mods and core mods, you'd have to un-patch The Sims, remove all mods/core mods, load the savegame (or try to), and then re-save.  That's what cleaning is.  Sometimes it works on modded savegames, sometimes not.

Did you run the TS3 Launcher and check to see if all of your downloads are installed?  That's where both the purchased and free (shared) stuff is.  The folder for it is in \My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads\.  If you made a backup folder of that before uninstalling/reinstalling, you can simply move the contents back in, restart the Launcher, and re-install all of it.

Oh... and thanks so much!  How dumb that we have to re-install all of our Downloads folder but at least I won't lose anything that way... cause I can see all of my cc (TS3 store content) too when I open my Downloads folder... but in the Launcher the window is completely empty of any downloads... so guess this isn't like TS2 where we could just reload the DL folder from our desktop after each patch... but again, I'm just happy I didn't lose the stuff that's been paid for already...   Smiley

And about my previous saved game... when I go into the game to select a "game" to play... I only have the option of choosing a brand new game... and Riverside isn't there either even tho I saved my download of it... so will just re-install it as well... but prolly going to just give up on my saved game cause there's no way I'm going to uninstall again... Stupid EAxis really sucks !

Thanks so much tho and at least this has been a real learning experience and I know MUCH more about my game files than I really ever wanted to...  Tongue

Darth_Diclonius
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2009 July 30, 23:51:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I'm experiencing a very... odd and annoying issue.

I updated to the latest patch today and installed the latest version of Awesomemod (I'm also using Indie Stone and a few minor tuning hacks). Whenever I load any of my saves or even create a new family the results are always similar to this.

To explain a few things, all those sims WERE ghosts (you can still see the electricity radiating off two of them) and now they obviously look very much alive. Besides my sim who is putting out the fire all other sims (pre-patch created and post-patch created) have pathing issues and won't due anything except stand there. The only reason I can think of why my sim is still putting out the fire is because I had saved my game while he was doing that.  The GUI looks a bit screwy. For starters the icons for any of my household sims are gone. Then the little sim image (that is above the Life Time Wish) is of a female sim I've never created or played as. This is especially odd because even when I switch to different saves in other neighborhoods she is there.
carpediem
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2009 July 31, 01:23:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

has i has already explain in another thread, I have exactly the same problem, but I DON'T patch my game, so, it cannot come from the patch, I feel it's come from hacks, because I have also awesome and Indi hack, and when I remove one of them, the game is correct.

I cannot explain correctly, I am not a Hacker, or a Html maker, I just say  that the last patch cannot be responsable, because I haven't it .
« Last Edit: 2009 July 31, 01:50:52 by carpediem » Logged
fiberglassdolphin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2009 July 31, 01:41:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know which xml files were most likely modified in GameplayData.package?
mikrokitty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2009 July 31, 02:34:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just an FYI for those of you trying to use older versions of AM:

If you aren't willing to patch your Sims 3 copy, and instead try to use it unpatched with an older version of AwesomeMod, don't bother posting with any problems in the meantime on these forums.  Nothing Pescado hates more than bug reports and requests for help from people using outdated versions.  The latest copy of AM seems to work fine with all my savegames, both AM enabled ones and not.  Perhaps you should clean your old savegame of any AM elements first (with the new patch installed), and then install the new AM.

Or, you could try and help Pes find out where problems in AM are coming from (which is the whole point of him time-bombing copies).  AM is actually still a beta, and as such we're unofficially expected to help when we find problems by reporting bugs.

Many people, myself included, are simply waiting and researching the patch before we install it. This is not an uncommon approach.

Darth_Diclonius
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2009 July 31, 03:24:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm so I removed the game fully using the suggestion of Revo Uninstaller and then reinstalled the game and the latest patch. I reinstalled it with no mods (except a no cd patch) and the game still tweaked out as I described above. So I removed the no cd patch and used my cd to play the game and it worked fine. So I'm guessing the no cd patch was my issue. Now time to readd all the mods and see if it works.
Raycee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2009 July 31, 14:42:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was able to get the game to recognize my custom content by uninstalling Delphy's helper and then re-installing it.  If anyone else is having this problem, I hope this helps.

Thanks Zaphod for your help.
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2009 July 31, 21:36:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Many people, myself included, are simply waiting and researching the patch before we install it. This is not an uncommon approach.

Exactly what I was going to comment.  I am just waiting for my main mods to be updated.  My issue now is that my version of Awesomemod is expiring....and it's the most recent version from 7/23.  I'm surprised, again, that no one has mentioned that little problem.  Guess either way, if I don't update or I do update, I won't be playing come tomorrow. Unless all the modders have updated by then.....
Silverdrake
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: 2009 August 01, 00:01:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Baker is one of the library families. Maybe it got corrupted? You could try copying them back into the library from your cd.

Anyway, the patch made my game unplayable, it's so slow now. A conspiracy to make us all upgrade our computers?
simfan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2009 August 01, 00:43:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know if EA has officially recognized and acknowledged it's fuck up with patch 1.3?
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2009 August 01, 01:17:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was over at EA today reading some of the posts about the borkiness people have been experiencing with the patch, and it was funny in a sicko kind of way. The first couple of pages, people were reporting problems and pasting their tech data, and everyone was basically being told to update their drivers. Yeah, right. But what was rather amusing was that by page 14, 15, and 16 (I skipped ahead!), people were saying things like 'I know my PC is up to date and %$#& you, EA". LOL.

BTW, people were posting the same kind of stuff that I've seen here (I haven't experienced any issues myself since I haven't patched yet and don't plan to at this time!), and apparently they have to take mods out before they post issues or their posts seem to get deleted. So yeah, it looks to me like most of these are EA issues, not AM issues, but unless they've admitted fault after I visited, no, I don't think EA has acknowledged anything.
Miex
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2009 August 01, 02:12:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if I should be posting this here or making a new thread but here goes...

So I'm trying to install this 1.3 patch.

I was able to update from 1.0.631 to 1.2.7 awhile back but now 1.3 doesn't work.
My error log tells me  "Error: err0031 - Invalid file found" for "code_version.txt"
Inside = "description=Version: 0.DL-0.0.11195 Changelist: 625803" and it's only 58 bytes.

After getting that error every time I tried to update, I forcefully uninstalled the game with Revo Uninstaller.

Now with the game freshly installed, I am still getting the same error and I'm just at my wits end. Sad

FYI: I'm using the Razor version of the game. I heard it's the same as retail, but apparently not.
Any ideas anyone?

Ignore me.
I had to back track all the way and make sure 1.2.7 installed properly. Now that is it, everything is working.
Yay.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2009 August 01, 13:12:09 by Miex » Logged
fiberglassdolphin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2009 August 01, 02:31:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't it common for any large company to pretend their inadequacies don't exist? It makes me question capitalism.

I finally got my patch installed, but I'm crashing as soon as I try to open a neighborhood (even vanilla neighborhoods I haven't been screwing with). So, I went into my mods directory and used my mod troubleshooting method (remove half of your packages and run the game until you narrow it down to the culprit), but it seems the problem is there being any package in my mods directory at all. I tried reinstalling the framework monkey, but no go.
BobDob
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2009 August 01, 02:57:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the tip about looking for rtpatch.log in the temp directory.  I was getting the invalid file error while patching, and it told me exactly which one was the problem.

For me, it was TSLHost.dll.  I tried the original from the CD, but it didn't work.  I'm guessing that means it needs the version that EA updated to in the 1.2.7 patch.  If you're industrious you can find that version on one of the internets.  Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: