More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:34:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Install 1.3 update or not?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Install 1.3 update or not?  (Read 69231 times)
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
Re: Install 1.3 update or not?
« Reply #50 on: 2009 July 29, 18:47:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oddly enough, over on Facebook (because I haven't ventured over to 3Tardland today), I noticed quite a number of people kermitflailing over the patch and how they can no longer play with mods in the game.

It's just their core mods, right? Maxoids and pigheaded EAdiots seem less than enthusiastic about custom content that isn't just recolored CAST crap, so I wouldn't be surprised if they "fixed" our ability to add real CC. I imagine the reason would be that they want this series to die a quick, humiliating death.

Actually, some said they'd never used Indie or Awesome (or any other mod; just patterns and clothes), but they were still CTD. This patch seems to be as flaky as the previous one upon whom it chooses to unleash its wrath.]

ETA:  I just tried to install the bastard (after replacing different INI files that had been fiddled with), and I keep getting "Invalid file."  I can't think of what I'm missing that would be causing this.  Might be gameplay.package, but I'm pretty sure I have the original in there.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 29, 19:29:32 by Zaphod Beeblebrox » Logged

Too many retards
cum heer n tipe jus liek dis
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

INTP, if you care about that.
Lisen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009 July 29, 19:20:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've patched my game and it works beautiful with the latest awesome, Indie, nointro and nomosaic.
I have also alot of CC and they are there in my game, works perfect! (so far.... Roll Eyes)
But I had to remove the enablescripterror.package if I don't want a CTD when choosing lot...
dilpill
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 July 29, 19:28:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A new version of the enablescripterror.package is out on MTS.

Link

Solmyr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009 July 29, 19:30:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was getting "invalid file" error until I removed the mods subdirectories, resource.cfg (the Mods one), 3booter, fps limiter, and restored the original .ini files for the camera settings (I had those modified) as well as Sims3.ini (where I modified the collision distances). No idea which of those might be the culprit.
Keksich
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009 July 29, 19:40:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,16099.msg464222.html#msg464222

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."

"Friend!!"
vitaee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009 July 29, 19:42:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AwesomeMod is now ready for public field trials in 1.3.24. IndieStone Driver will not need to be updated intrinsically for the patch because it is not Core, but if you are running pure IndieStone, they need to update their core. Of course, this is someone else's problem.

/emote Bow down and worship J.M. Pescado
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: 2009 July 29, 19:54:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're trying to get people to check {E1F84AB6-D46A-43C7-A056-D3C7795DBB21} in the Temp folder, you should point out for those that don't know that the rtpatch log will be in another similarly named folder (because some of us don't have E1F8blahblahblah).

Mine's pointing out that the VideoCamera.ini is breaking it.  I swear to Jeebus that I just replaced it with the original, and it's still throwing errors.  GRAZALFRACK.  This is fucking ridiculous.

I removed the mods subdirectories, resource.cfg (the Mods one), 3booter, fps limiter

As Pes has pointed out before, this is just heartwarming voodoo and chanting.  It doesn't do anything.

ETA:  OK, Imma 'bout to choke a bitch.  I've replaced the godforsaken gameplay.package with the original one three times now, and it's still throwing errors.  I can haz patch plz EAxis??
« Last Edit: 2009 July 29, 20:01:13 by Zaphod Beeblebrox » Logged

Too many retards
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

huntgod
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009 July 29, 19:58:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

videocamera and shaders were the root of my problem, luckilly I had renamed the originals to .bak, though it took me a minute to realize it :-(

Once i restored those two files everything ran fine.

Lisen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2009 July 29, 20:00:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A new version of the enablescripterror.package is out on MTS.

Link

Well, my game works perfect without the enablescripterror.package-
Is it a "must", or?  Huh
Keksich
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2009 July 29, 20:01:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're trying to get people to check {E1F84AB6-D46A-43C7-A056-D3C7795DBB21} in the Temp folder, you should point out for those that don't know that the rtpatch log will be in another similarly named folder (because some of us don't have E1F8blahblahblah).

I know that the folder name can be different. Jordi had already pointed it out: "Look in your temp folder for a directory with an alfanumeric string", not "Look in {E1F84AB6-D46A-43C7-A056-D3C7795DBB21} in the Temp".

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."

"Friend!!"
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: 2009 July 29, 20:03:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My bad.  Just pointing it out for the people who will go ZOMG I HAZ NO SUCH FOLDER.

Also about the enablescripterror.package -- that's more or less something to enable error logging that's helpful for modders in order to fix their mods.

Too many retards
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

dilpill
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2009 July 29, 21:06:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, my game works perfect without the enablescripterror.package-
Is it a "must", or?  Huh
It allows the game to create error logs if/when a script fails. You really only need it if you want to be able to post an error log when you report a bug or crash, or if you're making a core mod yourself. It doesn't change gameplay at all.

Anonym
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2009 July 29, 23:34:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My bad.  Just pointing it out for the people who will go ZOMG I HAZ NO SUCH FOLDER.

Also about the enablescripterror.package -- that's more or less something to enable error logging that's helpful for modders in order to fix their mods.

Well, for a while it seemed to fix the CTD at 1/4 loading for some people, including me, even though it was created only to debug it.

I recently took it out, and it seems not to be needed for that purpose anymore.
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2009 July 30, 00:02:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Surprising after reading this entire thread that no one has asked....
Is the new version of Awesomemod backwards compatible for not-yet-patched games?  Or is it even useful for people who haven't updated to use the new one?
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: 2009 July 30, 00:08:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm...I could have sworn that it would be just like the version released after the previous patch -- it's meant to be used with a patched game. 

Too many retards
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2009 July 30, 00:10:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, that's what I wondered....The thing is, the previous version isn't available for download for people who haven't patched so far.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2009 July 30, 00:13:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the new version of Awesomemod backwards compatible for not-yet-patched games?  Or is it even useful for people who haven't updated to use the new one?
Well, doing so makes you running the Unholy Hybrid, but in THEORY, it shouldn't blow up.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ramseyazad
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2009 July 30, 00:46:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My patched game is not letting me play sans-disk.  Is the no-cd fix in awesomemod working properly?

Edit because I fail at reading, I repeatedly installed the wrong one.  Note to self - awesome(2).zip is more recent than awesome.zip
« Last Edit: 2009 July 30, 03:07:33 by ramseyazad » Logged
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2009 July 30, 00:49:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is for me! Did you get today's version of the Awesome Mod?
clemeaux
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2009 July 30, 03:17:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I read that long list of fixes and so-called improvements but I couldn't find any message about what are the two FATTEST bugs in the game:
1. The save issue (error code 13 and 12... and endless saves)
2. The stereos that are not playing.
(3. crash on launch)

Does that mean that EA totally ignores the hundreds or thousands of reports about this issues that can be found on the net?
Maybe they are feeling so much shame for this substantial bugs (ever heard of an official game release where the saves wouldn't work?) that they didn't even mention that they (hopefully) fixed it now.
Since I didn't install the patch yet, is there anyone of you who can confirm the save or radio bugs do still happen?
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: 2009 July 30, 03:23:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is EAxis we're talking about here.  It'll be quite a while before the biggest bugs of all are fixed (if at all).  Remember all of the memory leaks in TS2?  Good God, there's some serious leaks going on with TS3 (Firefox isn't this bad), and somehow, I doubt that "fixed a very slow memory leak triggered by the "Fertilize" interaction" solved the problem.

Too many retards
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2009 July 30, 05:50:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love how they use the words "rare", "obscure" and "very slow" when describing some of the bugs. However, I have yet to see them call any bug "disastrous", "catastrophic", or even "very frequent".

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
mikrokitty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2009 July 30, 16:17:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, doing so makes you running the Unholy Hybrid, but in THEORY, it shouldn't blow up.

I was actually going to ask the same question. I just installed the newest version of AM, and I get through the initial loading screen fine, but get an immediate soft crash when going to load the saved game. I have NOT installed the latest sims3 patch yet.
Swat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2009 July 30, 18:27:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was actually going to ask the same question. I just installed the newest version of AM, and I get through the initial loading screen fine, but get an immediate soft crash when going to load the saved game. I have NOT installed the latest sims3 patch yet.

I am having the EXACT same issue. I am guessing that the new Awesome blows up un-patched games, as J. M. said.  Shocked

Does anyone have a previous version of Awesome that they would be willing to upload to us peasants?
mikrokitty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2009 July 30, 18:39:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having the EXACT same issue. I am guessing that the new Awesome blows up un-patched games, as J. M. said.  Shocked

Does anyone have a previous version of Awesome that they would be willing to upload to us peasants?

I backed up the previous release I was running from 7-23, I can email it if you like
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: