More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 22:43:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Install 1.3 update or not?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Install 1.3 update or not?  (Read 69575 times)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Install 1.3 update or not?
« Reply #25 on: 2009 July 29, 00:23:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It appears as if the patch will not instal if you have removed the premade families from the Library. I had to replace mine.
Ugh. How anal. Why is the patch worried about whether you have those damned families installed. *sigh* Good thing I backed them up.
Anyone know how to get these back if we weren't smart enough to back them up?

Well the should still bel on the CD, I believe in GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Library but to make it simple here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LOILEQC0

It was just Baker, Funke, Glover-Wozny, Lum, Martinez and Williams I think. At least that's all I have.

I suspected EA treachery backed them up. Tongue

Edit: Ah nm Idjiit beat me to it. Oh well, there's a mirror now. Wink

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 July 29, 00:29:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The patch applied fine for me, with the library families removed.  Huh
MzDeb
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 July 29, 00:32:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a 1.3 update?

LMAO

There's no rest for the wicked.

The good die young.

Seeing as how your wicked good, could you just work on awesomemod working with the new patch first?  Then later you could get awesomemod to work with Indie and the new patches.  I wouldn't want your early death to muck up my Sims playing.   Tongue

When everyone is safe, no one will be free.
vitaee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 July 29, 00:48:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a pathing issue with AwesomeMod and the 1.3 update.  I'm sure this depends on the physical layout of your house, but if I try to do the dishes, my Sim can't seem to find his way to the dishwasher or sink... even if he's standing right in the middle of the kitchen by himself.  To was the dishes, I have to move the dirty dish to the bathroom floor, tell my Sim to clean it, at which point he'll wash it in the bathroom sink.

Nor can my Sim seem to get to his bed unless he's already in the bedroom.  That is, if he's in the living room when I tell him to go to bed, he'll scratch his head.  If I move him to somewhere in the bedroom first, he find the bed.

With AwesomeMod removed, neither issue occurs.  I put AwesomeMod back in, and issues come back.

I have the latest version of AwesomeMod and patch 1.3
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 July 29, 00:53:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a pathing issue with AwesomeMod and the 1.3 update. [...] I have the latest version of AwesomeMod and patch 1.3

AwesomeMod is not (yet) compatible with the 1.3 update.

There is no use reporting bugs with AwesomeMod when you've installed an incompatible patch.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
twoftmama
Blathering Buffoon

Domestic Goddess

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 July 29, 00:56:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesomemod isn't compatible with the1.3 patch.

If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left handed people are in their right mind.

TFM'S Naughty Sims Asylum
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 July 29, 01:52:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LMAO

There's no rest for the wicked.

The good die young.

Seeing as how your wicked good, could you just work on awesomemod working with the new patch first?  Then later you could get awesomemod to work with Indie and the new patches.  I wouldn't want your early death to muck up my Sims playing.   Tongue

Err, he already designed Awesomemod to separate out the story elements and let Indie Stone control them if its in place. Other than that there really isn't much else he can do. It's up to them to update their mod to work with the latest patch.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 July 29, 04:10:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're going to be using AwesomeMod core with ISM-driver, ISM-driver needs no updates because it is not a core hack. If you're just using pure ISM with their own core, you are someone else's problem. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2009 July 29, 05:05:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oddly enough, over on Facebook (because I haven't ventured over to 3Tardland today), I noticed quite a number of people kermitflailing over the patch and how they can no longer play with mods in the game.  It was a mixed bunch:  some had removed their Mods folder before installing, and some hadn't.

I haven't taken the plunge myself (I'll take the "wait and see" approach with this patch as I did with the last one), so I can't tell you if that's the case for me.

Too many retards
cum heer n tipe jus liek dis
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

INTP, if you care about that.
NameGame
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 July 29, 05:07:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nor can my Sim seem to get to his bed unless he's already in the bedroom.  That is, if he's in the living room when I tell him to go to bed, he'll scratch his head.  If I move him to somewhere in the bedroom first, he find the bed.

With AwesomeMod removed, neither issue occurs.  I put AwesomeMod back in, and issues come back.

I have the latest version of AwesomeMod and patch 1.3

I was briefly experiencing this same problem, but I have not installed the 1.3 patch. What set my problem off was Williham's lockable doors on MTS. The sims only experienced pathfinding issues when trying to use objects on the other side of those doors. I didn't test without AM, but plenty of people on MTS seem to be using them without problem. Whatever is modified in those doors might give JMP an idea of where to look when he makes his fix.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 July 29, 05:37:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're going to be using AwesomeMod core with ISM-driver, ISM-driver needs no updates because it is not a core hack. If you're just using pure ISM with their own core, you are someone else's problem. Tongue

Is AwesomeMod now compatible with the 1.3 patch?  I'm not installing the patch until it is.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 July 29, 05:38:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not yet. Still hunting down a few weird bugs.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 July 29, 05:40:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not yet. Still hunting down a few weird bugs.

Thanks!  I'll wait.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009 July 29, 05:52:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're going to be using AwesomeMod core with ISM-driver, ISM-driver needs no updates because it is not a core hack.
That's good to know.  I was thinking I'd have to wait for them to update as well.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
RuneLunaris
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009 July 29, 06:14:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would suggest waiting to install the 1.3 update to anyone currently using AwesomeMod until there is an update that is compatible. I stupidly did not and as a result my sims cannot: go to work (they are stuck in the car in front of the house), move around the house without being ordered to run to each room to use an object, and sometimes they disappear completely and respawn on the front yard. So until Pescado has the time to benevolently update his ridiculously awesome mod I would steer clear of the 1.3 update. That's just my two cents.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2009 July 29, 06:20:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One should ALWAYS take the "wait and see" approach with EAxis' crappy patches.  You never know what they'll break next.  People should have learned their lesson after the first patch further fucked up the already fucked up Launcher and caused many CTDs. 

And having patience while waiting on mods to be updated (thus, not installing the patch until then) is a given.

Too many retards
cum heer n tipe jus liek dis
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

INTP, if you care about that.
fiberglassdolphin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009 July 29, 07:50:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since awesomemod is not yet updated for 1.3, I'm kind of glad that the updater failed me multiple times. But, for when I do want to install the patch, is there anything confirmed to get it to work? I took out my mods folder, restored my ini files to their backed up versions, and I never deleted the premade families. I figured my problem was my horrible, slow connection these past few days corrupting the update files.

Oddly enough, over on Facebook (because I haven't ventured over to 3Tardland today), I noticed quite a number of people kermitflailing over the patch and how they can no longer play with mods in the game.

It's just their core mods, right? Maxoids and pigheaded EAdiots seem less than enthusiastic about custom content that isn't just recolored CAST crap, so I wouldn't be surprised if they "fixed" our ability to add real CC. I imagine the reason would be that they want this series to die a quick, humiliating death.
Shaprepenr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2009 July 29, 08:36:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm able to run both Awesomemod and Indiestone perfectly with the new patch. But I had to do some stuff before I got it to work. You should try these for safe measure:

1. Temporarily move the whole mods package to your desktop.
2. Delete all the *cache.package files from the Sims 3 folder found in your documents folder.
3.Run the game without any of the mods.
4. Start a new game (chose any neighborhood, I chose Sunset Valley).
5. Once the new game has loaded, go ahead and quit out of the game. You don't need to save. We just needed to rebuild the cache.
6. Navigate to your mods folder and delete the enablescripterror.package if you have it.
7. Place the mods folder back to the Sims 3 directory.
8. Run the game.

Before I did all of that my game would crash to the desktop but now I am able to run both Awesomemod and Indiestone together without any problems. Indiestone still run Story Progression (I'm still getting notifications of my horny neighbors having their 5th baby). All other custom content still works and all the features of Awesomdmod still work (like robotic hand of god)

Now. I'm not guaranteeing that this will work for you but I am sharing my experiences and I'm hoping it works as a temporary solution 'till Awesomemod and Indiestone get updated to work with 1.3.

Have fun! Smiley

•I'm a social--
•--Butterfly?
•No. Watermellon.
•Then socially speaking; I am going to eat you.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009 July 29, 10:20:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AwesomeMod is now ready for public field trials in 1.3.24. IndieStone Driver will not need to be updated intrinsically for the patch because it is not Core, but if you are running pure IndieStone, they need to update their core. Of course, this is someone else's problem.

Anshin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009 July 29, 12:38:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AwesomeMod is now ready for public field trials in 1.3.24. IndieStone Driver will not need to be updated intrinsically for the patch because it is not Core, but if you are running pure IndieStone, they need to update their core. Of course, this is someone else's problem.

I've tried the new AwesomeMod for 1.3.24 and all the route failures are fixed.
Thank you!
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2009 July 29, 15:03:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

6. Navigate to your mods folder and delete the enablescripterror.package if you have it.

I did not do things in the same order as you, but I also had to delete the enablescripterror.package file before my game agreed to play. It would always crash upon either trying to load a saved game or start a new one.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2009 July 29, 15:09:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado,

Last patch you supplied links in the Awesome Mod download thread to non-launcher patches. Would you consider doing the same for 1.3?

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009 July 29, 15:17:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,16099.msg464201.html#msg464201
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: 2009 July 29, 15:23:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah I just found the thread and was about to edit with a "D'oh!". Thanks anyway.

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009 July 29, 18:13:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since "beautiful vista" is not a "collectable spawner", I'm going to say: no, this statement has nothing to do with beautiful vistas.

True, but I suspect it may work in a somewhat similar manner. I think it's an object, a hidden one. Perhaps they've jiggered a way to keep it on the lot after it gets bulldozed too? I can hope.

I suppose we'll find out soon enough when someone reports back.

Have you all noticed that lots where BV buffs have proven to be located, if the lot is bulldozed, ie. empty Sunset/Riverview hoods, there is an empty house icon over it. Not the square empty lot, but house shaped icon that indicates it is empty. I wonder if the spawners are there after patching the game? Maybe, the BV buff too. Didn't see this before patching. I must build and test this out.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: