More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 15:36:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Install 1.3 update or not?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Install 1.3 update or not?  (Read 69243 times)
psycheee
Asinine Airhead

French Speaking Tourist

View Profile
Install 1.3 update or not?
« on: 2009 July 28, 17:54:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will 1.3 update be compatible with awesome mod

Thank you
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Install 1.3 update or not?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 28, 18:08:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a 1.3 update?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Piffle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 28, 18:09:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It appears to be neither Lies nor Propaganda:

http://www.thesims3.com/community/news.html?selMonth=6&selYear=2009#-1926857733

First they came for the Wal-Marts, and I said nothing because I was not tacky...
Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 28, 19:12:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fixes to Story Progression. Babies will no longer be born to single parents. Player created or controlled households are now "protected" and will no longer be removed through "Story Progression." Warning: Story Progression will no longer remove previously player controlled Sims. Users who take control of too many Sims in the same game may experience poor performance as the neighborhood can become over populated.

And I do not like the sound of this "fix"... does this mean if we have a lot of CAS families and EAxis families that are "Sacred" then we will lose game performance ?  How stu-pid if this affects game play...   Angry

"Life is not about surviving the storms but rather how to dance in the rain" ~

Luther Vandross ~ Forever, For Always, For Love ~ 2005

Genius - Flirty - Friendly - Good Sense of Humor - Great Kisser ~
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 28, 19:22:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not EA's fault, or even a problem. That's just a generic warning label.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Monica Darkstar
Tasty Tourist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 28, 20:27:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well watch it when your sims give birth. I installed the new patch then played for a bit. The wife in my household went into labor and had twins. I know she had twins because it asked me for 2 names. First baby born was in mom's arms and second baby was found by the dad in the front yard .....lol. Oh, and the smarter paths don't work worth a pooh! They all just stand around unable to go where you tell them to go.

I live in a world of my own creation. If you don't like it I can create you an exit.
BobDob
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 28, 20:30:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think what Pescado is saying is that The Sims would lag with too many sims in the neighborhood both before and after the new patch.  The only difference now is that the core game can't move all the people out that it used to be able to, so it's more likely to get overpopulated if you "lock" a lot of Sims by controlling them at least once.  

All in all, it's a good change, though I think a command to "unlock" a Sim family would be useful.  I know some people may switch to a non-played family for just a few seconds to see what's going on, but don't really care if that family later gets manipulated by the story engine if necessary.
Vampcorn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 28, 20:36:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So does this mean that the patch works with the awesomemod?
awrevell
Blathering Buffoon

Old School Charm

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 28, 21:01:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All in all, it's a good change, though I think a command to "unlock" a Sim family would be useful.  I know some people may switch to a non-played family for just a few seconds to see what's going on, but don't really care if that family later gets manipulated by the story engine if necessary.

If you don't care one way or the other what happens to them it isn't a big deal if they stay.  However, if they annoy you you can always encourage them to move out of town the old fashion way.  Mind you if you forget to get rid of the presents Grim leaves behind the next tennants of that home may not be very happy.

C++ is designed to allow you to express ideas, but if you don't have ideas, or don't have any clue about how to express them, C++ doesn't offer much help.  - Bjarne Stroustrup
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 28, 21:04:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it protects the Sims from other Story Progression events, it just keeps them from being run out of town. 

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 28, 21:13:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It appears as if the patch will not instal if you have removed the premade families from the Library. I had to replace mine.

More F than you
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 July 28, 21:48:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow... they fixed a lot of bugs.  They must have hired Pescado for the weekend or something.

"Bulldozing a lot with collectable spawners no longer destroys the spawners. "

Does this mean that lots with the "amazing vista" moodlet thing will keep that moodlet when you bulldoze the lot/place a new house in the lot?
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 July 28, 21:51:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Bulldozing a lot with collectable spawners no longer destroys the spawners. "

Does this mean that lots with the "amazing vista" moodlet thing will keep that moodlet when you bulldoze the lot/place a new house in the lot?

Since "beautiful vista" is not a "collectable spawner", I'm going to say: no, this statement has nothing to do with beautiful vistas.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 July 28, 21:53:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep. That will be the "Ooops... it will be in the 1.4 patch".

Anyway, the Mac patch apparently still doesn't exist.
Disregard that, it arrived.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 28, 23:33:12 by Marhis » Logged

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 July 28, 22:07:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, sometimes I just want to change their hair or clothes or something stupid like that but am not particularly interested in playing them and don't necessarily need all their wants and inventory etc etc data tracked like I would a sim I want to play.

I guess a way to select whether we want a townie to act like a 'virgin' one that we never touched or one that we do want to lock and come back to would be nice.

It appears as if the patch will not instal if you have removed the premade families from the Library. I had to replace mine.

Ugh. How anal. Why is the patch worried about whether you have those damned families installed. *sigh* Good thing I backed them up.

Still taking their asses back out again. It causes trouble with Indie to have them in there, possibly with just the game itself as it tends to like to create new sims and families based on them.

Since "beautiful vista" is not a "collectable spawner", I'm going to say: no, this statement has nothing to do with beautiful vistas.

True, but I suspect it may work in a somewhat similar manner. I think it's an object, a hidden one. Perhaps they've jiggered a way to keep it on the lot after it gets bulldozed too? I can hope.

I suppose we'll find out soon enough when someone reports back.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
carpediem
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 July 28, 22:19:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, in fact, does it compatible with the actuel version of awesome ? thanck you for answering
femsuii
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 July 28, 22:45:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, in fact, does it compatible with the actuel version of awesome ? thanck you for answering

Considering Pescado asked wheter or not there was a patch and the "AWESOMEMOD! SHINY! WIP - Download & Announcements" doesn't say it's compatible, I'd say no.
psycheee
Asinine Airhead

French Speaking Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 July 28, 22:47:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still waiting for my answer too... suppose we have to be patient  Cheesy I'll test it when I come back home
gamb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 July 28, 22:52:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

People posted on a thread in "The Horror, The Horror!' that playing with Awesomemod and/or Indie and the new patch caused the game to CTD.
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 July 28, 22:58:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I assure you it's true in my case.  Tongue
carpediem
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 July 28, 23:14:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanck you, I will waiting so ... Wink
Kent
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 July 28, 23:31:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game crashed tooooooo  Huh

Some stupid people don't know how to talk each other...
Viscountess
Gelina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 July 28, 23:56:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh. How anal. Why is the patch worried about whether you have those damned families installed. *sigh* Good thing I backed them up.
Anyone know how to get these back if we weren't smart enough to back them up?
Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 July 29, 00:10:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone know how to get these back if we weren't smart enough to back them up?

Yup... I failed here too and didn't back mine up... would it be a workaround for some kind simmer to upload them somewhere so that people like me and others here could dl them and re-install them should the newest patch be necessary for continuing to play S3 ?

"Life is not about surviving the storms but rather how to dance in the rain" ~

Luther Vandross ~ Forever, For Always, For Love ~ 2005

Genius - Flirty - Friendly - Good Sense of Humor - Great Kisser ~
FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 July 29, 00:10:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Library Families
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print