More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:16:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  House with family freezes on loading
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: House with family freezes on loading  (Read 3098 times)
simsrocks
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
House with family freezes on loading
« on: 2009 July 28, 16:54:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put the neighbourhood in from my old game, same as another neighbourhood, although that one has had no problem loading lots with families on.

I had a problem with the game crashing when I clicked into a page in the decorative-curtains section before on the same lot, although I have had that happen on different lots, with no ill effect from it.

The neighbourhood itself is quite new, created when I had to remake my challenge family due to them being glitched.
nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: House with family freezes on loading
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 09, 16:37:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the lot that won't load:

From the neighborhood screen, press Cntl-Shift-C to open the cheat box.  Enter "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" in the box, then press enter. 

Try to enter the problem lot.  A message should come up telling you there is a problem and giving you options like "reset" and "delete."  Choose "delete."

The lot should then load normally.  Enter "boolprop testingcheatsenabled false" in the cheat box.

It sounds like you have a corrupt object in the decorative-curtains section.  It's possible it was fine before, and has become corrupted.  The best way to find a bad object is to remove half your downloads, then see if you still have the problem.  If so, remove another half and test again.  You can quickly narrow it down this way.
simsrocks
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 10, 23:53:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I realised that the problem wasn't that it was glitched, but that my computer is very slow, and lots take ages to load. I thought it had frozen when it was just loading.I need more RAM.
nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 11, 00:22:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's funny, I've had the same problem.  It just sits there forever, and the loading bar doesn't move.  Glad to hear that's all it was, and that you don't have a problem.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: