More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 23:39:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  my default pictures are missing [fixed]
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: my default pictures are missing [fixed]  (Read 2692 times)
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
my default pictures are missing [fixed]
« on: 2009 August 12, 15:28:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have the default of some of my sim game pictures,  only the recolors.   I want to replace the sim objects files with the ones that are on the AL disc but I forgot how.   I use to replace my object folder from my disc in uni because it was always getting corrupted until I learned to mark it read only.
 I know that you insert the disc and stop auto run and then you go to my computer and click on the drive that has the sims in it and then you go to TSData\res\objects but after that I forgot what to do.  Do you click on open or decompress or what?    I am going to replace the one I have with the one from the disc and then maybe it will fix my pictures.    Also I do not want it to  auro run from the disc  because I don't want to get secure rom on my computer but since M&G is my latest disc it should say,  you have a later disc and not run but I will still have the cd in the disc to get my object folder off of.   Can anyone help me?   thanks
I hope this didn't sound too crazy.   Grin

I found out that the problem was the default replacement paintings I was using.  They either became corrupted or were not compatable with later eps'.  I deleted them and all of my other default painting showed up again.   Hooray.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 22, 17:56:05 by LynnMar » Logged
Heodez
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
Re: my default pictures are missing
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 12, 16:41:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't you just copy the file from the disk and paste it in the correct folder? My program files got corrupted once and I just did a copy/paste.

Forever Night, a sims 2 story.
WIP
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: my default pictures are missing
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 13, 00:12:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I copied the objects folder from the disc and replaced it with the old one but that did not help. Someone suggested that I might have some corrupted CC,  probably another painting or poster.   Now I have to do the removing and replaceing custom content dance.  Oh crap, that will take me all day tomorrow.  Cry
   Thanks for helping me replace my objects.   Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: