More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 08:32:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  How do I uninstall Razor1911?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How do I uninstall Razor1911?  (Read 3451 times)
leopoldstotch
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
How do I uninstall Razor1911?
« on: 2009 July 28, 08:00:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh
I need to uninstall it in order to reinstall as I completely screwed things up by accident. Yes, I'm a retard.

To clarify, I've tried deleting every trance of Sims 3 on my computer but I absolutely cannot delete the Torrent folder itself. It keeps on going, "Cannot be deleted as it has been opened in another program..." UGH!
Caraleede
Retardo Lander

ISTJ

View Profile
Re: How do I uninstall Razor1911?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 28, 08:10:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it OPEN in Bittorent?
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 28, 08:11:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you still have the image mounted?  

However if you are going to reinstall, why are you deleting the torrent folder?  I would have thought that uninstalling TS3 was as simple as start > all programs >electronic arts > TS3 > uninstall TS3.
minidoxigirli
Feckless Fool

ESFP- I'm a speshul snowflake

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 28, 08:17:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The torrent file has no impact on the installed game.  So deleting the torrent file is like smashing the CD- no point.  If you're still having problems with reinstalling, have you cleared out your Sims related registry files?

My claim to Sims fame?  I was featured as a Sims 2 fan on an MTV show about The Urbz.  I'm badass like that.
leopoldstotch
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 28, 08:22:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I did delete it in BitTorrent.

But thanks! Unmounting worked.  Wink

Now let me explain why I needed to uninstall/reinstall. I'm not a very smart person, not in the computer sense at least obviously. So when the Sims 3 Welcome Screen said I had no disk after mounting the file in Daemon and installing then changing the target location so the launcher wouldn't come up... I was confused and played around with the files. Very damn unwise... As then it screwed up completely and even with the target locations set to the Game/Bin, it still said I had unauthorized access (changed from No Disk, to Unauthorized... Cute.)

So, can anyone explain how to bypass this once I reinstall? Last time, I also installed the new Version thingy in the Razor folder and when I tried to overwrite the files from the Cracked File to the Game/Bin it said I couldn't since the folder was completely empty bla bla blah. I have a pretty damn competent laptop so this is strange, LOL.
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 28, 09:30:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Put the cracked TS3.exe into C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and then make a shortcut to your desktop from the new .exe. Alternatively, the Awesomemod has an option to not check for the disk, I believe.   
leopoldstotch
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 28, 09:48:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh, thanks. I'll update again if needed, but right now it's still reinstalling.

Again thanks for making it possible for a computer illiterate to play arr'ed Sims 3  Cheesy

EDIT: It works fluidly and effortlessly now! I'm currently in CAS mode... Thank you all so much! I never thought I'd say this at MATY... But you guys rock  Grin
« Last Edit: 2009 July 28, 12:09:36 by leopoldstotch » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: